Make Nyaa Great Again

This thread is for the discussion of the possible replacement/mirror of the late Nyaa.se (which also hosted Sukebei);

>latest update: nyaa sent an email and confirmed it's gone for good. and yes, it was due to the EU ruling. and no, db is almost surely wiped.

Partially working indexer site using old dbs
nyaa.pantsu.cat
sukebei.pantsu.cat

Backups
pastebin.com/VF5GtfFa

FAQ
pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Dev and discussion channel
github.com/ewhal/nyaa
#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Previous Thread Still no full site rip

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/6eabdyg
web-beta.archive.org/web/20170424234121/https://www.nyaa.se/?page=manual
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for real tagging system

Keep up the amazing work!!!

The user who claimed he had a full site rip was probably lying, stop waiting for him.

this.

Well it's only another 2 hours.

We have to go full ZeroNet, we autists need to start the trend of a full decentralized web.

Patience it not even PST 10 or 11 yet

Since I still get nothing from "Saki live action" I'm guessing the db recovery isn't complete yet.

>2 more hours until disappointment hits.

It's only 9PM PST, wait til 11PM

We'll know for sure in about an hour or two.

If he doesn't show up then, or if he delays it, we'll know it was just a hoax.

Have some hope user

I'll have to agree here, it's a great solution.

Fine, I'll be patient, but won't get my hopes up either.

Just too good to be true.

I want to thank the wonderful Sup Forumsentlemen working to help Sup Forums in this hour of need.
You have our undying gratitude.

I've already accepted the loss, so all that can happen is status quo or amazing joy.

It's worth a shot.
Also saves me screwing around rewriting code multiple times.

What's the color code meaning again? I tended to ignore it since nyaa had no consistency with it other than HS automatically gets blue or whatever.

I thought HS was green and shit like Commie and FFF were blue.

Cartel-approved fansubs

Yeah whatever, like I said I ignored it. I just don't remember what pink/red was

I always forgot which colours meant what on nyaa and always had to look it up. Some sort of hover text or something that indicates what a colour means would be nice. Or a full on tagging system like what was suggested in the previous thread would suffice.

you guys mean site rip like database? I can't imagine you are.
Would you actually need anything other than the source code? It's not like he's going to leave that lying around and leave himself open to liability. What else could you want?

Green = verified / trusted
Red = re-encodes / remakes
Blue = A+ releases

God help those who actually followed these on Nyaa

no as in someone claims to have scraped the entire site the day before it went down.
We can easily turn that data into a db.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He means a full scrape

most scrapes we have are partial

>Commie
>A+
Nyaa was a necessary death.

I thought Green simply means you've uploaded enough shit past a certain number. Doesn't necessarily mean verified / trusted.

===POLL===
strawpoll.com/6eabdyg
===POLL===

what, there's only really two pages, aren't there? everything else is generated by the backend.

red was "remake". like people converting other people's shit to hardsubbed mp4s. There was also some fucking stupid standards. converting HS to mp4 like deadfish got you red even though it would be the same if he got it directly from crunchy. there were also blue groups that used crunchy subs on public raws, while taking another groups sub and putting it on a bd raw sometimes got you red.

Uh how would this apply to flacs then?

if you asked on irc you got green, unless you publicly opposed the cartel

Yo makiposter please give me the magnet of the recently translated Maki VN. I want to see if your spam is justified.

Friendly reminder

web-beta.archive.org/web/20170424234121/https://www.nyaa.se/?page=manual

Shut your whore mouth, Commie were delightful. Almost as delightful as CoalGuys

Screw u commie shud go down the drain like Daiz

So what rare shit was actually on Sukebei? I only used it a few times.

Now Commie does have their moments when they try. Now too bad they never try.

Literally everything was rare

Few yrs ago I used to fap to the description images on sukebei when I had a shit internet connection

Shit that EOPs wouldn't understand.

I'm coding a little GUI to browse/download with ease from the 2017-04-05 DB dump.
If anyone is interested I'll post it here when it's done.

>This is now lost in the sea of emptiness
Maybe not to that degree. Heck, I can upload this right now. But the more obscure shit on sukebei definitely is.

Wow just wow user
Keep it up u deserve a medal

do it fgt, htanks

great job user!

still, the main objective is to switch infrastructure into a decentralized network to prevent this shit happen again.

>aikatsu
Let me guess, you're a pedo tranny.

does this have shitty korean dramas?

aren't we all

Lol who cares atleast he's helping out

>Heck, I can upload this right now
DO IT BOSS!!

>he isn't a pedo tranny
git gud

If this were Sup Forums, I'd say we were all little girls.

Sup Forums crossdresses when they code if that counts for anything.

I said this before and I'll say this again liking little animu girls has nothing todo with being a pedo

It would just be overwhelmed with spam.

A backup tracker and a mirror site should be enough.

When you wear a skirt you're a girl after all.

Archive user here
I'm back but gonna eat real fast and then I'll post link

...So Sup Forums + Sup Forums = half-pedo half-trannies?

You're really enjoying teasing us, aren't you?

>translated maki VN
Please do it now

I did say I'll post it between 10 and 11 pm pst

M-MASAKA

Enjoying this ruse very much.

>Archive user here
>I'm back but gonna eat real fast and then I'll post link

FFS finally..

PantsuDev, where are you hosting the servers? If they are in EU or United States, then I'd be worried. Ironically, Russia seems to have the best internet freedom right now.

>Russia seems to have the best internet freedom right now.

US currently.
I know I plan to move servers but 3rd world hosting is much more expensive.

>Russia seems to have the best internet freedom right now.
When will this lie end?

No no no ure not getting it
Pedo r those who like IRL little girls
So animu little girls is A-OK

Russia actually has been raiding people on piracy claims. East yurop shitholes seem better.

what Sup Forums time to be a vir/g/in

Nigga have you been to rutracker in the last 3 years?

any ideas?

I can't make it load the DB

Reverse traps.

East European countries aren't safe anymore because of the EU.

>Falling for bait

You need to uncomment db.initdb or whatever it is for the first run.

They actually are safe because their governments are too busy stealing money and killing faggots to raid people for piracy.

>killing faggots

HOW? They're so strong when they're bundled!

KAT was hosted in Ukraine though.

What about Norway? They're not in the EU, right?

I've heard they use extremely powerful karate chops. Scary stuff.

They got to kat by tracking down its owner.

That would be nice.
Would it be tagging like a booru?

You should post a bitcoin address on the site.

People would fund you.

Also you might post contact email/IRC channel on the site (probably want to make it separate from the dev channel).

There are plenty of ways to prevent that.

In fact, since the poll seems to be headed in the "roll our own" direction, let's start by considering what are our design parameters.

Storage space isn't an issue. Cheap HDDs and mass combined autism have ensured that many anons still have the content they've downloaded.

Download bandwidth isn't a major issue. This is 2017, high-speed cable and fiber lines are commonplace.

Upload bandwidth is the primary constraint. Most of those connections are highly asymmetric. Some of us may have seed boxes or VPSs, but that's probably a minority.

Anonymity is another (potential) constraint. BitTorrent isn't exactly anonymous, but we may want something better. Protecting uploaders is more important than protecting downloaders.

Processing power isn't a significant constraint, but the software still shouldn't eat up gobs of resources.

Ease of use. All the instructions needed to install and operate the software should be able to be contained in a small pastebin.

Cross-platform. Windows support is of first importance. Linux a close second, followed by OSX.

Security. We need to ensure spam and irrelevant shit is kept out, and that all files are untampered with, especially executables.

Anything else?

Yeah, but they burn easy.

you're going to be funded by jlist, just like Sup Forums. You can find someone similar if that's not enough.

what is needed is a community for posting and feedback.

background tracker is nice but no longer required because there are plenty of others for S/L stats and DHT can handle the rest

Required: Fully anonymized purchase of hosted IP and domain reg.

To avoid: Fully anonymized P2P clients.. because pedos use them and frame innocent animu downloaders for pedo-ism

>Linux a close second
lol. Nobody uses Linux unless we're talking about Android, and phones don't really have the storage space to seed. I'd rather not have it basically be a Popcorn Time app, so Linux compatibility should be avoided.

You are unnaturally based.

If needed i can get a hold of a venezuelan friend of mine, he can grab an Server and domain name if needed. Problem is, he is a normie, and most likely knows shit about programming.

Haven't looked into Norway hosting but I was thinking more like Brazil or Mexico.
I will eventually just need like 60-70/month to get a decent 3rd world server.
Yeah I was thinking of separating the channel into two since
>230 people
Having ads could be argued that I'm making a profit off piracy which I'd like to avoid.
Nyaa.pantsu.cat is meant to be able to be easily hosted locally.
So in theory every user could have their own nyaa locally