What ereader does Sup Forums recommend?

What ereader does Sup Forums recommend?

I'm looking at getting one so I can read my novels and manga on the go.

I've basically narrowed it down to Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Aura. Any chink shit brands I should look at as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.in/All-New-Kindle-E-reader-Glare-Free-Touchscreen/dp/B0186FF45G
youtube.com/watch?v=Oqu1--AzM7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kindle paper white is master race. I've got it and it is fucking perfect in every way.

Haven't seent he kobo aura but i wouldn't bother if i was you. kpw just works.

Compare the size of a physical manga page to the screen size of kindle paperwhite and any other device you may consider.

After reading the reviews, the thing that bothers me about Paperwhite is that it has no microSD slot and it sucks shit for PDFs (well, let's just say Aura wipes the floor whit it when it comes to PDFs).

I'm looking at Aura 6" and also the larger one. Most manga fits nicely on it.

I've used an old Kobo Glo for years, love it. Dunno what the situation is now, but at the time it was the e-reader that was easiest to sideload free books onto.

>but at the time it was the e-reader that was easiest to sideload free books onto.
That's what worries me the most about Kindle.

jesus fuck, there's no problem with any e-reader. I'm honestly a little annoyed that the notion of "sideloading" even exists when it isn't anything special, it all comes down to format support which is rarely a real problem, either.

kindle doesn't support epubs but conversion to mobi or something is easy and worry-free with calibre, that is pretty much the only difference and basically irrelevant (calibre is so convenient that I find myself using it anyway, whether I need conversions or not) (conversion is also automatic so it doesn't even complicate the process)

I really fucking like the Kobo Aura One but it's very expensive! I'll have to get a much cheaper one like the Aura.
Anyways bump for interest.

i was in your same boat OP, and i ended up getting a talk 9x china tablet for $140 on sale. Way bigger than any ereader, better screen, decent battery life

reading manga and textbooks on tablets really isnt as straining as people say

I'm with you op but I'm looking for an e-ink running Android. I couldn't tell if those amazon devices were running their own OS or Android. Because there's an app, Mangarock, I use for my manga. Dont download or pay.

yotaphone 2

Ereaders are too fucking small nowadays. The Kobo Aura ONE at 7.8" is probably the only usable ereader for me, and I have a Kindle Paperwhite. You are gonna be in a world of pain if you ever use PDFs on a screen smaller than that. Fuck I wish Amazon updated the Kindle DX. No touchscreen, keyboard, and good controls, not to mention that nice 9.7" screen for PDF viewing. In the meantime, I'm just using an AMOLED tablet for everything.

Calibre is fucking bloated tho

how come in 2017 we still don't have any full size 8.5"x11" ereaders, except the crazy expensive sony one?

don't worry user they made the echo look I'm sure that'll hold you over

Can I read my pdfs or only the books from their store?

Old model h2o. Decent enough size for manga, micro sd slot so you can hoard all you want, and good battery life.

Don't fall for the kindle meme, it's the iphone of e-readers.

>how come in 2017 we still don't have any full size 8.5"x11" ereaders, except the crazy expensive sony one?
yeah, it's insane. eInk technology is such shit. we have retina screen OLEDs and IPS screens for $150 yet eInk is still shit and small.

wtf?!

>Can I read my pdfs or only the books from their store?
not sure about Kindle but with Kobo you can load anything you want.

same with Kindle, you can drag n drop anything in the supported formats

pdf:s usually suck on 6" screens tho

bc most people who want e-ink just want to read books on them

the 6-8 inch range is pretty great for that: very portable but plenty big enough if there are no graphics and its a real e-book format. it also performs well enough for that task.

its a niche market, the "big and powerful e-readers" market is even tinier, so you only get expensive shit. simple as that.

I'm actually still using a Kindle DX in addition to my Kindle 3

I paid very little for it so its worth it just to make scanned book PDF:s usable. its ok, I mostly use it for old books that no one has made a proper e-book release of. sometimes articles and shit.

I bought the old Paperwhite and love it.
If you want manga, though, get something with a bigger screen. The Paperwhite is fine for slice of life, but action manga will look like shit.

I think for manga one should really just get any 10" tablet

thoughts on this?

Still a kickstarter, but you can also get the aura one, better res screen but without android 4

Their 13inch one looks nice however, It has a Wacom screen.

Yeah, a tablet really would be better in most cases if manga is the primary concern.
I know this isn't going to be popular, but I really recommend the iPad for reading comics and manga. I had some app, I don't remember the name, that you could link to a Google Drive account, so I made a dummy one and rotated comics that I was in the middle of reading. That way the iPad was iTunes-free. This was back in iOS 6 though; maybe it doesn't work like that anymore.

Is this a good buy for $90? My roommate uses some loophole to ship from chink and indian sites for a real cheap cost
amazon.in/All-New-Kindle-E-reader-Glare-Free-Touchscreen/dp/B0186FF45G

what on earth is eink?
Just completed Moby Dick (real physical book). I don't I can get the smooth paper feel from a shitty kindle

I use an iPad for manga, too. I don't know about google drive but comic zeal supports transfer over wi-fi and some support dropbox, I don't use iTunes either.

link?

should I buy a ereader if I have a ipad2?

you should be able to figure that out yourself

do you read books?
do you want a better way to read them in ebook format?

if yes & yes, then sure try it out

I have one of the old kindle keyboard gen 2 or 3. Would it be worth getting a modern paperwhite? I havent been reading often.

well I don't think the upgrade would make you read more

most of my books are scanned or are pdfs. is a kindle good for scanned books?

not very good

you probably won't be able to read it without zooming and shit

I'll stay with my old ipad then
anyway whats e ink? Does it use real ink?

>anyway whats e ink
It's actually pretty neat.Here's a shitty video that explains the basics.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oqu1--AzM7U