Windows fuckery

So I got a new laptop and wanted to put in Windows 7 in there instead of windows 10 because I heard it fucks with you a lot less, but now I'm stuck in this nasty place where literally none of the drivers work. Should I try to manually install the drivers from the website? Would they even work? Should I just go back to the laptops original win10 os? How badly does win10 fuck with pirated programs?

unless the manufacturer supplies win7 drivers you will have to figure out the specific hardware inside and find the drivers from the individual component manufacturers' websites.

hope you like spending two days making your computer run properly

>muh memes
May aswell just install gentoo

You're not going to make it, OP. If the manufacturer does not have win7 drivers, you're going to be up shit creek.

Your only other option besides being spied on is to learn Linux.

>Should I try to manually install the drivers from the website?
Doh, obviously!

>How badly does win10 fuck with pirated programs?

it doesn't
I pirate software all the time
pic related

>windows 10 comes with rolling updates
soon

linux

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

what anime is this

I'm on the insider builds even

>soon

>He doesn't know about LTSB

I have it on my dualboot and it is slim, sexy, and not shit.

install gentoo, it has all the drivers you need

You're supposed to check this shit before you install the OS. If no drivers for the OS, don't install that OS.

Shit dude, I guess my quest begins.
What if I want to play video games?

Doesn't that shit had adware and stuff? Or does LTSB literally fix all of its problems?

But useless for certain devs, because afaik it lacks all new features like Linux subsystem from Anniversary and Creators updates.

This is a task that anybody worthy of Sup Forums should experience at least once in their life.

At least you didn't delete your graphics drivers and then the manufacture provided installer wouldn't overwrite the VGA driver...

It took two days of fuckery on my part to solve that one.

Also on a tangentially related note... Anyone know what the fuck is going on in pic related?

>What if I want to play video games
Funtoo, it's built on gentoo but it's extremely user-friendly so normal people can use it and it has the best support for games, hence the name "fun"too.

>How badly does win10 fuck with pirated programs
>mfw people actually believe this
The tos/eula/whatever line about pirated programs that literally every news website memed about was actually about xbox, not windows.

Litterally just download snaildriver, it fixed all of my driver problems (except fucking dolby audio wich won't install fuck gigabyte)

Done this at least half a dozen times now.
Main thing you need to figure out is the board type and who makes it.
What's FUN is if you get a dell board.
Guy gave me a compaq board dated from a couple years ago.
Board itself had no real info, had to get the bios to stop booting up so fast so I could get board info from there.
After that, twas easy to get the drivers needed.
What's going to be a PROBLEM, is in ... 2018? when win7 runs out?

>He bought an HP Printer
>He bought an inkjet printer
>His print server isn't pushing the driver to his machine at logon

I mean, take your pick, but the answer is to set up a print server on your network. It's the only correct way to handle printers.

>Windows just werkz

Get Windows 98 instead.

INSTALL GENTOO

but here's the thing, I don't own an officejet 8600 and there isn't one on my work network either.

why do you type like that? this isn't whatsapp

>The tos/eula/whatever line about pirated programs that literally every news website memed about was actually about xbox, not windows.
Well the Xbox runs on Windows 10 after all

I'm just using pro
While I give some concerns about privacy and telemetry. I believe that my usage of the insider version allows the commonplace user to be able to have a little more assurance that the operating system would work better based on any compatibility issues I hit during development.

Also, for some reason I have less ""Common"" errors that others have, maybe I'm just lucky.

I only get the hard shit, like the efi being buttfucked twice last week

You're doing god's work, user.