My old i7 4770K is almost good as 7700k.... WHAT HAPPENED...

my old i7 4770K is almost good as 7700k.... WHAT HAPPENED? so basically my cpu can last me for almost 8 years now and it's already 3-4 years old.

>intel

u fell for the kaby lake meme

>"5%" "increase" in IPC to Devil's Canyon
>"5%" "increase" in IPC to skylake
>1% increase to Kaby lake
>surprised his processor is still as good
Shock.
Fucking.
Horror.

but does the faster memory make a difference?

>basically my cpu can last me for almost 8 years now
More like any CPU bought during the last 5~ years will last until they come up with an entirely new material or way for manufacturing CPUs.
Especially if you happen to be sporting a 6 core version.
There's simply no reason for the average user to upgrade these things.

>tfw i5 2500k

Feels good knowing the next upgrade I do won't involve a new motherboard & CPU combo, just a GPU.

These, huge performance gains are a thing of the past.

my old i5 3550 is almost good as 7500.... WHAT HAPPENED? so basically my cpu can last me for almost 8 years and it's already 5 years old.

A lot of people don't know this but the i7s starting from Haswell are fucking beasts.

An i5 4690K needs to be clocked to 4.6Ghz to match a stock clocks 4790K in single core, and the 4790K still can overclock better than the 4690K.

You should update to the latest version of CPU-Z though.

>tfw i7-3820
I'm sad because I think my motherboard is becoming faulty and I will need to upgrade

>devil's canyon IPC increase
kek

>tfw E5-2696v3
18c/[email protected], and up to 3.8GHz when running single/dual threaded stuff.

Which is why getting current high end CPU is a meme, unless you do mainly video encoding. Which there is only three reasons you do it, either you are a Sup Forumsirgin streamer, animu weeb encoder, or a professional media producer.

too bad 4790k's cost 500 dollarydoos.

I'm still running on an old Core 2 system. Is it viable to say get a Haswell or Broadwell CPU? I just want to take advantage of DDR3 and SATA3. I mostly do a bit of coding and console emulation.

Gee, no supprise.
Competitor stopped innovating since athlon64x2/c2d era, shit can be bad at least until recently.

Hence the
>""
nigga

Get a cheap used ivy bridge i5 or i7

>cpu performance % increase per year

Insanely accurate

Did i win the silicon lottery? i got 1.210 core voltage on 4.4Ghz. got it first try. stress test the hell out of it. GTA V , aida64extreme, asusrealbench stress, heaven 4.0 all runs good 1 hour each

Yes, the chip can literally go to 5.2ghz with vcore 1.3.6

>200w

You should run them overnight at least for stability. If it can go for 12 hours with no errors, you can trust it to not make errors when it's crunching files.

nah, 5 minutes of prime95 should do it.

> tfw paid 250$ for a 4770k 3 years ago
> it's still relevant
Feels good

>tfw paid the same for a 4790k thanks to microcenter deal back then

45minutes prime95 is the best choice just to be 99% safe

I made a budget build in 2014 with a 4430 and a 270.
I had just gotten into pc building so I was basically forced by my parents to get a build made, while I could have spent the same money and gotten an infinitely better PC.
Now I spend my days wondering if I should just fuck this rig off and get used parts for the same price and more performance, or be stuck upgrading this piece of shit

>"5%" "increase" in IPC to Devil's Canyon
Devils Canyon was just a refresh, so was kabby lake, neither had an IPC increase. Stop making Intel look slightly less shit than they are.

See ()

Great price!

>No DDR4
>No NVME
Haha, my CPU is still good xD

Would you care to explain what you think the benefits of those things are for the average desktop user/gaymer?

> >No NVME
Possible through a Clover UEFI boot.
>No DDR4
32 GB RAM is enough for now.

>capacity makes up for speed

Kill yourself.

are you literally a drooling retard?

Are you?

>literal Intel shill

Next you'll be praising the benefits of 4k Netflix and Optane.

>1 hour each

>coffin lake
I'm dead.

maybe

Wait for Zen 2. Single core perf. will even up with Intel and there will be no reason not to switch over.

Broadwell is shit, wait for skylake x if you want HEDT, it releases in June so its right around the corner

My i7-3850k is doing just fine at 3.7GHz (it's never been hotter than 66*C on core 1). I'll need a better CPU cooler to think about overclocking comfortably.

I'm going to wait until R7-3800X arrives before changeover.. that or if the CPU/MoBo fails before then.

4.5Ghz 2500k master race holding out for 2nd gen ryzen
Sweet god I should have spent the extra bucks for the 2600k in the day if i knew we would be jewed for so many years

((((((((((((((intel))))))))))))))))))

kek

Yup. The constant socket changes on the same damn chip for 6+ years killed my support for Intel (on top of the other dirty pool they play).

In fact, I'll join you user. R7-2800X ho!

You might as well just buy into AM4 now. Not like AMD's going to switch the socket on you.

my 4 core starting to slow down when im torrenting/browsing/watching movie at the same. Might need to upgrade to something new in next generation (im using 3570k)

Have you already OC'ed the fuck out of it?
Pic related, it's my 3570k

>1.4+v
Did you delid?

Nope, just a Swiftech H220X on there.
Got it stable at 4.7 Ghz but the power draw and heat aren't worth it for a daily driver.

Damn that's the most expensive cooler I've ever seen. My shitty 212 evo doesn't even handle 4.5GHz on 3770K @ 1.25v

I planned on adding a GPU to the loop when replacing my 2 HD7970 but that never happend. I gave one to a friend and the other one is still there with the stock cooler on it to serve me after all these years.
And I'm not going to buy a $120 waterblock for a $100 video card.

AMD supporting fag here running a 4770K for a few years now. The OP image shows his CPU at 4.7Ghz vs stock 7700K at 4.2 Ghz. Not entirely fair point IMHO. Put your 4770K at 4.2Ghz for a proper comparison.

Why buy a $220 cpu (anything under R5 1600 is not worth it) Just to replace it next year?

I think I get around 10k on a 6-core X5650 at 4.1 ghz, but that thing was made 7 years ago. It's still great even for recent games like Overwatch (above 150 fps even in the most intensive fights at 1080p, 100% render, 1060 3gb, low settings).

Prime95 shoudlnt be used on a 5820k you dumb fucks

And why's that?

>the loop around the netburst era
kek

the 7700k boosts to 4.4 4c and 4.5 1c though.

it's on 4.4ghz the 7700k

nice, 6 years and still on tops

overheat

how come that OP can compare to 7700k w 4C/8T and I can only compare to 7700k 4C/4T

fuck it's a 7600k im a retard sorry

but 7700k is missing

AVX2 causes overheating issues

OP have a older vision maybe that's why

I "upgraded" myself from a 4670k to a used dirt-cheap 2600k and am enjoying my 4.4 boosted goodness. Welcome to global scam.