How many of you learned twisted history about other countries from American movies?

How many of you learned twisted history about other countries from American movies?

WE

I actually fell for the holohoax and thought that the yankees were the good guys.

We weren't great but we certainly weren't the "bad" or worst guys.
T. Puerto rican

Bombing of civilians wasnt very nice

I would rank you second in warcrimes shared with germany. #1 is SU of course.

I'd rank the Japs higher than the Americans

Never heard of the Japanese?

Nope. We bombed civillians and I do agree that it was atrocious. However, japan committed atrocities on all corners of asia. I would put us after japan too and on par with Britain

Hitler wasnt an anti semite he was an anti zionist

Okay then
#1 SU
#2 Japan
#3 USA/Germany
#3 ½ britbongistan

their were koreans in the IJA . Naturally as a result they had Koreans best intesrest in mind

I wouldn't know. Who knows how much the gringos messed with historical accounts?

I remember that the war propaganda of the time showed the perfidious nazi soldier eating innocent babies for dinner.

Firebombing Berlin in response to an errant bomber hitting an apartment building in the Battle of Britain and planning Dresden were the Brits. You can't really put them below us when they basically invented fire bombing civilians.

The Japs experimented on humans, they got immunity on exchange of their research.
Nanking.
Heavy human rights violations on POWs.
Sexual slavery.

Japs were bad.

It's pretty much agreed upon at this point that the nukes were unnecessary, especially on civilian targets.

You guys do know that ww2 was just a prank, right?

Well you kind of nuked a bit of civilians too..

Oh shit bro haha is this going on youtube?

that isn't all we did

>basically invented fire bombing civilians
The Nazis tried to do it to us but failed, not our fault we were better at it.

Oh please. Put usa and britain equal under Germany. Germany comitted genocide, I'm not even a leftist but that is true.

>It's pretty much agreed upon at this point that the nukes were unnecessary, especially on civilian targets.

By a small minority of historians. Read about the planning of Operation Downfall, and put it in the context of the Battle of Okinawa (where the Japanese fought almost to the last man, woman and child). The atrocious fighting there formed the basis for thinking how an invasion of the Japanese home islands would go, and even conservative estimates had the invasion costing millions of Japanese lives and up to one million American lives. The bomb actually saved lives, as perverse as that sounds.

Also, keep in mind that they started the war, had many chances to surrender, and still didn't surrender even after the first bomb.

If it wasn't necessary, why didn't they surrende after the first one?

>British Empire not #1

Their total body count is something like 100 million.

Who actually made that? The Japanese?

POO

i donno LOL why are you asking me lol?

It's definately their style. They overestimate the Anglosphere caring about the honor of a bunch of tramps back home and underestimate the desire to grease nips.

>Doing wartime things in wartime wasn't very nice
What makes Nazi Germany and Japan so reviled is that they chose to intentionally and systemically exterminate whole ethnicities via stripping them of their homes, property, and sentencing many to death.

Regardless, War crimes in general are a meme akin to saying "You're cheating!!!1!1!". Whose going to stop you?

Well if were counting total body count china is way ahead of you. Mao caused the death of about 70 million alone

Its true. It doesnt really matter what you doif you lose since you are going to get blamed för everything anyways.