Post a laptop with better 'bang for a buck' ratio or leave this board forever and don't come back

Post a laptop with better 'bang for a buck' ratio or leave this board forever and don't come back

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsupport.lenovo.com/pl/en/product_security/ps500104).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

x220

that dont count. try harder.

acer chromebook c720 cost me $80 used and i just shoved linux on to it
runs civilization and skullgirls fine

better than a x201 you homosex

Any $200-400 Chromebook that's compatible with GalliumOS. I have an X230 and I wish I'd gotten a Chromebook instead, the screen on this thing is one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life.

same

That's an x301 you fudge packer

you're retarded son

you don't deserve your thinkpad

did you just buy it because you thought it'd make you an ebin hacker?

i bet if you do get a chromebook you'll just give up on gnu/linux and stick with chromeos once you realize you can't get it working right because all you do is browse facebook anyway you mound of fucking garbage

t. owner of both an x230 and a c720 running galliumos

civ 5 or 6?

oddly enough thats exactly the reason im buying a new laptop, its just too slow for civ 6 lmao
if im a stupid normie fuck would I be better ooff just buying a windows based laptop or buying a chromebook and putting whatever OS on it?

>ITT: Circlejerk.
sage

Nope, I bought it because I needed a spec upgrade from my 2011 Macbook and the X230 is the cheapest laptop I could buy that had better specs than my Macbook and that I could upgrade the RAM and storage on, but the specs is literally the only thing that's better on the Thinkpad. The design, speakers, screen, keyboard, trackpad and build quality is worse on the X230.

Depends on what you need to do on your laptop, if you don't do anything that requires Windows then you're better off with a Chromebook with Linux on it, because if you buy a Windows laptop you have to pay extra just for the Windows licensing, with Chromebooks you get better build quality for the same amount of money as a Windows laptop. Just make sure you get one with an Intel processor and not ARM based.

Literally any of them if you value looks, weight, screen quality, speed, keyboard layout, and lack of bedbugs.
Stinkpad begone!

you sound fucking brainwashed by apple tbqhwyfampai

No one cares about "bang for buck" for one single laptop for personal use unless they're poor haha losers

i just got pic related for $270. good deal or am i retarded?

so far i've been liking it, but stay away from it if you need linux.

If you're ok with that tablet stand replacing a laptop hinge then yes you're retarded

your dad is a lesbian

>your dad is a lesbian

nice bait

>fingerprint scanner

Since when did this become acceptable on Sup Forums?

The screens on Thinkpads are shit on purpose, at least on the older models, because they're expecting that people plug into external monitors if they need a good screen, you mongoloid. Have you looked at an old Thinkpad TN panel yourself? They're notoriously shit

can confirm, they're shit

hasn't really bothered me so far desu

then again the laptop i had before this was a piece of shit hp sleekbook; anything is better than that

>jewtel

My x120e and I are laughing at you. Hard.

The default displays truly are garbage.
But they work, and are pretty reliable. They're pretty great for doing anything but things where how good something looks is important.
IE the vapid garbage work like graphics design or watching movies.

nah, thinkpads are the shit you downies, have you ever even used one?

x230

>The screens on Thinkpads are shit on purpose

Thinkpad fags are even more delusional than apple fags

Have you tried putting a shintel ryzen in your THINCCPAD?
literalolly quintuples the meme speed :-)

T410

>not being a broke loser

pathetic

how hard is it to upgrade a thinkpad with RAM? how hard is it if i'm missing chromosomes? just askin for a friend

this

i wish i had bought a second hand macbook instead

precision m4400

then don't post postage stamps for images, fgt

i7 t420i 8GB RAM

found the Capitalist cuck

no it's not, moron

Not him but, you can see it in the fucking picture you blind cunt.

Does this apply for modern thinkpads?

>1366x768

then it's not a T420i, it's just a regular T420, moron

Nah, you're good if you get one with an IPS panel and I'm pretty sure they only make the new Thinkpads with IPS panels, and you can replace them yourself on old Thinkpads if you really want to, it's the TN panels that suck donkey dick.

That's an X201 not an X301, YOU stupid fuck

how much RAM is in this thing?

What's the best laptop for under 300 $/€?

x86 CPU, 12-14" screen size and under 1.5kg.

I really hate bang for buck buyers.

X230 if you raise the weight limit a bit.
Some shitty Chromebook if you don't.

I'm pretty sure the X230 weigh 1.4 kg

bedbugs

It's like 1.6/1.7 with the 9-cell battery.

>tfw x230 with IPS screen and x220 keyboard

Maximum comfy

The X230 is under 1.5kg, but it's a bit too THICC for my taste and the used batteries usually don't last much.

Which Chromebooks come with x86 CPUs? I don't know anything about them.

Pretty sure standard/regular t420's come with i5 and 4GB RAM which is sufficient for plebs and normalsfaggots

>Xs
fucking thinklets

T/W or go home.

Last good T/W series was the T43/T43p. X-series or GTFO.

I looked at Chromebooks and they seem bad with meme 32GB storage and shit.

Does Sup Forums know anything about non-Thinkpad laptops?

SUCKS dick. Had it with vista and holy shit it was slow as fuck ahahahaha

All of them that have Intel CPUs I'm pretty sure, and you can always get a model that has an SD card slot and use that as permanent storage, and some Chromebooks have user upgradable storage.

>bang for buck
>posts a computer that's at least 4yrs old already

That's fine if you just need something well constructed to last you 2yrs, to then be replaced by a laptop that isn't old as shit

I'd look for a T460p.
>under $700
>one generation old quad core i5
>ssd
>8gb

>buy office surplus t420s with a broken screen and no HDD for $42
>buy replacement screen for $25 on ebay
>upgrade to 8gb for another $20
>stick in my SSD and install Mint
>not including parts I already had, less than $100 for a like-new laptop

10/10

Latitude XT2

>Capitalist
oh wow you sound so edgy and profound, I bet you also unironically say bourgeoisie and listen to Green Day

there are some nice used dell business class laptops

I love mine
Remove the gay ass stickers though

I'm sorry but as of now the x200/x201 are literally kill. They are affected by the disastrous Intel ME/AMT vulnerability that's been all over the news in the last days (), but Lenovo are apparently NOT going to provide ME firmware updates for them (only for x220/T420 and up, according to pcsupport.lenovo.com/pl/en/product_security/ps500104).

The x200 has ME/AMT v4.x, so it's (according to Intel) unaffected by the vulnerability. The x220 will be patched according to Lenovo, but they don't mention x201 at all. It looks like it's just the x201 which is going to be left for dead in a permanently vulnerable state.

The X series are a little small for me. I prefer the T series. I have a T400 ($80 three years ago) and a T420 ($115 one year ago).

elitebook 2570p with a ivy bridsge quad

Awww shit son. I'm typing on a Chromebook right now. Great little shit posting device.

wanna cop a used one for comfyposting, how sllow is it?

Cant you coreboot the x201?

2560x1700 display for $300

And a non-replaceable 64GB SSD

LMAO thinklets still think they can win in 2017!

When will they learn??

>2560x1700 display for $300
it'd be a deal if it were 200

I fucking hate this pile of shit

Depends on the model. Do NOT get one without 4gb of RAM. Otherwise it's great

>macbooks having better build quality than thinkpads
lmao kill yourself retard

keyboard is a wash, but at least you can upgrade the x230t to having a god-tier thinkpad keyboard

trackpad is a wash because thinkpads have superior trackpoint (TM)

obviously you're a child so again, you'd probably be happy with a chromebook that just werks, but don't suggest they're not quality machines

>thinking coreboot will disable me

Dell Mini 9 with upgraded RAM & Memory.
Fast, small, portable and does everything I need it to do.
I use Ubuntu.
The only downside is no HDMI port, but I can live without it.