youtube.com/watch?v=cVMrVHiJiI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imo

1. HK
2. Singapore
3. Melbourne
4. Vancouver

voted HK

Doesn't all this shit look the same? lmao.

kind of

>having to face HK this early on
RIP in pieces

Agreed, though all are fairly good.

youtube.com/watch?v=cVMrVHiJiI4

HK

There are new towers being built in San Francisco right now. Unfortunately there is a lot of land and earthquake safety restrictions that makes it more difficult and costly

singapore looks like the "clean utopia" future city like mirror's edge while HK is the typical cyberpunk megacity

well building towers in earthquakes areas is very expensive, thats why Japan doesn't really build that much skyscrapers

Fuck. I should have mentioned in the OP that the top 2 cities from the poll make it through to the knockout stage.

Melbourne

You can see Melbourne hasn't had much restrictions for building heights. Looks a bit incoherent

looks pretty cool desu senpai

Big skylines rarely have any significant restrictions, that's how they grew big in the first place.

Singapore

>this HK domination
HOW CAN THE OTHER CITIES EVEN COMPETE

it's a raep

I just hope Singapore makes it through.

Also it's really surprising to me, the HK's popularity on this board, last year it easily rekt every city which wasn't NYC. All the other Asian cities including FUCKING SHANGHAI lack to get a massive recognition here, but that's not the case with HK.

Poor Vancouver. Always in the shadow of its Asian brothers.

Vancouver

it's because it's bland af

best looking towers in the world

I suppose it can get a bit monotonous, but at least most of the condos look glassy and sleek. It's big too for its population.

Bless the Chinese, I guess.

>Singapore and Vancouver tied for the 2nd place

fuck I should have voted Singapore, it was obvious HK will make it through anyway

Not anymore. I vote Vancouver. Because...... Canada.

Damn it, Chang

>vancouver does it again

reee are people thinking they are only allowed to post things related to the battle again?

Don't really know what to post or talk about desu

rip : /

rate the new skyscrapur in warsaw

Looks good.

Here's all the current towers planned for a small business suburb in Stavanger, but due to the oil crisis, it's unsure whether they'll be built.

nth for pearl river delta

another angle

>but due to the oil crisis, it's unsure whether they'll be built.
oilniggers rekt haha

Well, even at the peak of our economy, multiple high-rises have been proposed there, and still the tallest building is like 8 floors lmao.

It's a good area because it's completely flat and in our oil capital, but there's no good infrastructure leading to it, so companies are still afraid of actually going through with it. A shame too, as it's seen some good proposals.

There was also this next to it, but they're both cancelled now.

Mene tier ranking

Even the construction side of the Ping An had something awe-inspiring to itself imo.

i like this one in NYC, people seem to hate it though

>Even the construction side of the Ping An had something awe-inspiring to itself imo.
too bad the finished building is shit

what's wrong about it?

Why doesn't the US have any ultra modern cities.

It looks a bit bland on the street level, it's just kinda sticking out. Design is alright

We weren't a hellhole (Singapore) or bombed into submission post WW2. However, in the begining of the 20th century they were ultra modern.

I think the U.S. invented the modern concept of the modern city.

aren't your cities modern enough?

it probably won't be built anyway

>now Melbourne is tied with Singapore

oh come on guys SOME LOVE FOR POOR SINGAPORE

NO! I want Tokyo/HK level of modern.

t. weeaboo

Let's hope the future God-Emperor starts encouraging Urban growth and development and connects our country with bullet trains.

that's more like gorillion of advertisements than "modern"

Why on earth

Impossible. Too much bureaucracy. If you want bullet trains you have to purge the government.

I dont really know much about railroad logistics, but this looks kinda pitiful.

1. very localized governance structure for urban development (neighborhood NIMBYs = powerful; in Japan urban guidelines are "federal" & laxer)
2. US government policies incentive sprawl&single family homeownership (eg Obama's mortgage interest deduction)
3. comparatively high transit costs & lack of political will (these are tied together & amerifats love cars too much)

shit is fuckd here lmao

it is quite pitiful but apparently they don't really need the railroads that much

Yea murricans have their airports, flying is much more common over there afaik. But i wonder how important railroads are for transporting freight, because transporting them by railroad is obviously much cheaper than by airplane.

also I think in more densely populated areas (East Coast) railroads will actually do better, they are less expensive than planes

It sucks, I loathe taking Amtrak.

>Melbourne is gaining votes
aaaa

The eternal Aussie is waking up

when are the eternal singaporeans going to wake up

I'm okay with these types of modern apartments, they don't look that bad imo. What do modern apartments look like in your areas?

Looks great from certain angles, terrible from others.

Should really have been built square instead of rectangular.

Hongkong will take this anyway, rightfully tho.

what do you think about this the second place makes it through aswell

Well in that case i should have been tactially voting for Singapore. Should have read it better lmao

That looks really nice and clean.

wtf I love Poland now!

you haven't "read it better" because it wasn't even mentioned, I forgot do to that

I voted for HK aswell even though I knew

I like it. Glass skyscrapers with strong lines are the best.

yeah, really nice neighbourhood

took this picture on a bike ride yesterday in downtown manhattan

>HK continues to rape
>meanwhile no new votes for Singapore

Our freight rail network is the best in the world.

Should have made it ranking vote

what is a "ranking vote" re

>chineseskylines.jpg

Saved.

Which version of Grand Central Station do you guys prefer? Pic related is the original.