Guts thead!

Searched the catalog and it wasn't active. Show me yours!

I cleaned up the cabling the best that I could and added a cheapo remote-controled LED controller + LED strip. Most of the cable spaghetti is hidden below the mobo tray with the side panel.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108529&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases (Computer Cases - ATX Form)-_-N82E16811108529&gclid=CPLBlqe219MCFc1gfgodD0IFPw&gclsrc=aw.ds
amazon.com/Graphics-Support-Holder-custom-Gaming/dp/B01DQK7DDW
frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g40/c16/s1859/list/p1/Air_Cooling-Chipset_HeatsinksCoolers-Mosfet_Chipsink-Page1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just finished putting it together today.

No overclock yet, will add speccy/cpuz after I have oc'd.

AMD R7 1700
Asrock AB350M Pro4
4x4gb Crucial sport 2400mhz
Gtx1060 6gb
250gb samsun pro
500gb samsung evo
Slot-in dvd burner

I'm always horrified and at the same time amazed at that cable monster.

What is that gpu support bar? Where do you find something like that?

What u think?
What could I improve?

Your power supply fan is facing the wrong direction. It should be facing the floor vent, like your other two bottom fans are.

Yes, I know, cable management is fucked, but I just didn't dare to cram more stuff behind the back (because it is already full as fuck).

There is no opening on the bottom at the PSU side.

the exhaust fan on the back of the computer is facing the wrong direction

ignore it im sure it wont even spin up assuming you're in the middle of the efficiency curve

are you retarded? from the picture you can see its not

put a fan on the bottom of the case famalam

should be the other way

its an exhaust fan that is working as an exhaust? what are you, blind?

it's backwards

I'll clarify, the fan on the back is indeed blowing air out of the case, functioning as an exhaust fan.
The fans on the bottom are intake fans.

As you can see the rear of the bottom fans is facing inside the case and the rear of the fan on the back is facing the outside of the case.

Might be doing a Ryzen upgrade whenever I can get the money together.

Are those the evga wires from one of their kits? I am debating on whether or not i should get the white or black ones.

I am

anybody care about the cablemod coupon code that came with my motherboard?

R5 1600 + rx 580 build. The first desktop PC I've built. M.2 drive makes clean guts.

Sooooo TL;DR I'm the black and white sli 980ti guy with the orange backdrop
one 980ti got fried on saturday and I sent it in to EVGA, today I just got back a 1080 by accident and when I called customer support the guy said "eh whatever just send in the other 980ti and well give you another 1080"

So that's how I now have two 1080s, waiting on the second

i second this.

hows that asus b350 board? i've read a lot of reviews on newegg talking about later bios versions bricking the board during the process. i was inclind to right it off as user error since i also saw people complaining about ram issues which is more of a ryzen issue rather than motherboard. but there were a lot of complaints about bios bricking. enough to peak my interest.

get a new case already you fuck

Nice stickers :))
Work of art
>all those hdds
my dick 2bf. Nice beefy card also.
aesthetic
asus bios has been a shitshow for a while. I wouldn't buy any motherboards from them until they have at least 5 iteration of bios updates.

Can you guys do my homework?
Ordered a prodigy M with a 7700k. I chose air cooling, not sure it was the best idea for such a small case but it's too late now.
I can only plug two fans on the mATX mobo.

How do I position the CPU cooler? Where and how do I put the fans?

no, return it and get this

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108529&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases (Computer Cases - ATX Form)-_-N82E16811108529&gclid=CPLBlqe219MCFc1gfgodD0IFPw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Awesome!
Nice surprise from the Customer Support
Cant wait to see the next picture :P

Looks p good.

thx m8

This aight?

use 2 splitters, run the top two and bottom two to cha fan on a curve, hook the rear fan to pwr fan or molex and run it 100% so you always have pos pressure. done

dios mio, get a new case already

Fuck. Think I might get it from EVGA now

be careful m8. the corsair aio mount was designed for socket am3, not am4. it does work, but it won't be a perfect fit. what i mean, if you don't line it up center to much pressure can be on one side. causing code 08 error, cpu not detected.

First time I tried to upgrade bios, it did get stuck and bricked the machine but recovery is easy. I don't do much oc or anything so I like the mobo, and I was able to set the ram at 2933 Hz

R8/H8

thanks for bringing it up. looked into it, and this screenshot from Corsair's site is, hopefully, enough to make the aio bracket compatible

Amazon had both of them paired together in a deal btw

This is my first time building a PC, how'd I do on the cable work?

here's my guts, fight me
waiting on new psu, then will be sleeving the cables, thinking about sewing them, also considering just making cables and routing along the bottom of the motherboard bundled like conduit rather than messing with the lack of cable management options in the back
like the nano, why that though? seems like a waste with all the extra space you have. not much you can do but maybe try to manage cables better.
I love the build, you could try to manage cables a bit better, glad to see you have a fan over the vrm. I like that you like to live dangerously with no hose clamps
get a comb on that 24 pin, probably dont need the fan above your cpu cooler honestly, maybe give it a test with temps
clean, looks good, do the cables yourself? other than that only gripe is it looks like negative pressure, i would change that around.
other than the cable management which we talked about not much you can do still like the nanoxia
your fan situation triggers the fuck out of me. also noctua not best rad fans, get you some gentle typhoons
still dig the stickers, ordered some off the link you gave me
take a picture inside the case, looks good from what i can see though, maybe dremmel a hole in the psu shroud for a cleaner gpu cable routing, other than that all you can do is go with sleeved cables from what i see famalam
nice and clean, for fucks sake though at least take the damn gpu stand out for pictures, psu a little overkill whats the story there? also you can probably take the fans out of the top with little impact to temps, also no more negative pressure then. is that the mastercase or whatever it's called?
as always like the rig
>crosshair v bros
damn looks nice my man. get a nice cooler like a h7 or true spirit 140 smack it on there and you're good to go, maybe snip the end off of the gpu cables if you're committed or change that somehow
continuing

Not bad but I'm sure you can re-route the CPU 8-pin and the top fan cable in a more efficient way.

The fan cable particularly might need and extension cord (pennies on ebay) but I think you could route it through the back side to below the GPU (where the HD audio front panel is connected) and pass it under the GPU through the gap between the bracket and the actual PCIe slot.

The 8-pin CPU cable could be easily hidden behind the fan instead of hanging in front of it unless it's extremelty tight.

Thanks m8, I might look into aftermarket coolers later on, this one is kinda hot (idle at 40 degrees seems lot desu). I might tuck that 6 pin non-modular cable in the shield and just go with the modular cable instead of snipping it. Btw, how the temps on your machine?

Damn did not see the speccy ss lol, looking good.

>and run it 100% so you always have pos pressure.
M-muh noise.

>use 2 splitters, run the top two and bottom two
Never used splitters on fan connectors before? Is it safe? Will it fry my mobo?

I'll leave it here anyway in case someone wants it: asus-e18294599904eacb-4
20% off

continuing from here looks good, ill never understand the dominator meme though. when you finally plug gpu in cut a hole in shroud for cables
same as always, tuck gpu cable under 24 pin and get your lights to be the same color, we've been over fans so do what you do
looks good, combs though, could also cut a hole in the bottom for gpu cables
>locked i5
>r5 exists
but seriously looks ok for mid range build, could cut a hole in the bottom for better gpu cable management, other than that at least bundle them together
what monstrosity is that case? didnt know corsair had a case in the inverted atx form factor. also manage your damn cables, why do they come out earlier than they need too, loose stray cables? get your shit squared away
>red gpu
>red mobo accent
>blue case fans
also real hard to rate if i cant see in your case
cable work looks ok, see if you cant tuck cpu power away a bit more, snug it up. also take gpu power and get it unfucked, as in put it under usb 3 connection

>manage your damn cables, why do they come out earlier than they need too, loose stray cables? get your shit squared away
fine; I'll tear it down tomorrow
600Q

a lot of times it'll look better if you use the first connector in the wire and bundle the second underneath. i just use a wire tie or something like the twist tie from a loaf of bread to secure it under. if you havea modular cable that would work too. yeah, something like a true spirit direct 140 or h7 is gonna give you a ton of bang for your buck. both are like 50 bucks and both perform within like 3c of something like a nh-d15
temps are amazing. compared to my r5 temps on the cpu dropped 10-13c or so, and thats with taking one fan off the cpu cooler. currently got the 8350 at 4.6 with 1.32v full load IBT at 54c low fan setting, gonna try to push it further soon. GPU it's hard to say, in my R5 I had a fury x and that card running at the same time, as well as the tv tuner and nic so it was pretty tight, and that card has literally the worst cooling I've ever seen on a midrange card. That said temps dropped something in the range of 10-15c and fan speed came down 15-20%
the raven/fortress series aint no joke, they mean fucking business.

not trying to shit on your build just pointing that stuff out. quickest way to clean up a build is to show less cables, only really worth showing off anyway if you have sleeved cables

nah it's cool; I don't have a clear side, so I don't care about the feng shui, but I don't want dust collecting and a high temp / air flow issue if I can avoid it

nothing is wrong enough with your build to cause any of those problems, it really is more of a looks/feels nice kind of thing

>like the nano, why that though?
Got it early last year on clearance at ~GTX980 price to drive the new 1440p@144Hz Freesync monitor I got when the old one stopped working. No ragrets.

When I bought this case I was rocking a ridiculously big 280X Tri-X, sold it at a very good price when I got the Nano too.

How do people get such good cable management?

Can you buy simple third party cables that don't have all the additional bullshit and crap on them? Like a single 8 pin for the video card, instead of 1 6 pin/2 pin, or 2 4 pins?

There are such cables, but you must be extremely careful and only buy those designed for your PSU. Otherwise you wouldn't be the first to fry their stuff.

fair enough, i was just wondering since the prices have been so low on fury x lately

I did cable manage the old p55 a few weeks ago, first time since 2005 and second time ever.

Then two days ago when I needed the psu and gpu for the Zen build I remembered why I never cable manage. Spend extra time putting it toghether, just to spend even more extra time taking it apart..

Never again.

Case is less than a year old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But no. I really want it smaller, but to get that there is too much compromise for me.

realistically with the water cooling and airflow not being much of a concern you could get away with some zip or twist ties and just bundling like conduit, would still be easy to take apart and only like an extra 5-10 min to do.
my 2 cents

R8 plz no bully.

Picture taken with my potato phone.

Yes, that is a AIO cpu cooler cable tied to an RX480, I couldn't find a single GPU fan style that didn't work like garbage in this cramped as fuck case. Cooler was like £33 new on Ebuyer so fuck it.

why is your gpu cable routed through an ssd mount?
on another note, I'm actually impressed you managed the cables out of the psu with the hdd cage so close, why the hell did you mount it so close?
also, why is the psu mounted facing up? you're pulling hot air off the gpu for one, and possibly starving the gpu for air, beyond that you're also making your case negative pressure.

that's raw, i like it. it used to be that you had to do it that way, until corsair decided that they wanted to make more money. Still the better way to do it imo, just make sure you put some heatsinks on the vrm and keep some airflow across the card
also, move that rad to top position and use it as an intake, your cpu temps should be fine if not dial back oc, having only exhaust in that case along side the psu pulling air out is doing you absolutely 0 favors with that case

I dont plan to fall for the ssd meme so i put it though there.

>fall for the ssd meme
but why? it's out of place with the rest of the cables and doesnt look good, same with the fan cable

Literally best company

What purpose of the RAM cooler , just for the look?

Yeah, you're definately right about changing the position/airflow of the rad, the CPU is a 4770k @4Ghz(pretty much does everything I want at 4Ghz so I left it at that) that maxes out at 70 on a non synthetic 100% load so there is definately room to have more hot air passing through that area.

The card has been doing fine without VRM heatsinks so far but I should get on fixing that ticking timebomb asap, does anyone have a link to the stickier glue-esque thermal paste used for putting heatsinks on vrm chips? I remember seeing somebody mention it in a gpu cooler video once but don't know what to google. A link to some decent heatsinks would be appreciated too, I've only been able to find short, wimpy looking Chinese ones which don't look very effective.

amazon.com/Graphics-Support-Holder-custom-Gaming/dp/B01DQK7DDW

Looks like the same thing.

check here, you'll need to do some measurements to find what fits, you can use more than one, also if you want thermal tape instead of paste or whatever they've got it there too, and good stuff
frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g40/c16/s1859/list/p1/Air_Cooling-Chipset_HeatsinksCoolers-Mosfet_Chipsink-Page1.html

>window in case
>LEDs in case
Embarrassing.

All these large cases with only one GPU.

What a waste.

Muh meme

cpu/overclock you got there?

Originally had a blue theme, but my mobo died, went through MSI RMA hell and they ended up sending me a different "upgraded" board that clashed with my theme, getting new fans soon.

>all this wasted space

>sli
>ITX

>implying sli is worth it
>shitty scaling/support
>fuckhuge power consumption

I like the people who post the "shitty scaling and support" meme
That and micro-stutter

It makes it really easy to know when to invalidate an opinion about SLI

aesthetic

1700X @ 3.9ghz

What vcore you at to get that stable?
me btw: My 1700 is definitely 4ghz capable, but damn mobo doesnt have loadline calibration in the bios, and the voltage drops insane during load.

I set 1.375vcore, idle it reads 1.41v, then under load it drops to fucking 1.31v!

This means I have to set well over 1.4v to get 1.35+ under loads, and that will give me 1.5v+ idle vcore.

That is bullshit.

Reviewers get the cream of the crop and always get lucky.

Rate me, I'm from Sup Forums.

Gas the jews.

Race war now.

you are supporting the jews ffs. intel mobo/cpu and nvidia gpu.

Nice case tho, had it myself years ago, but traded it for the superior haf 922 (same case more or less, but more compact. doesn't have top psu mount)

>200+120mm of negative pressure
>ready for the race war
>supporting the birth of the king of jews with your color scheme
whats your bench dyel, you fucking Sup Forumslocks say you're ready
>but you're not

I love The King of The Jews.

They don't.

Also,
>negative pressure

Bro, the fans have arrows on them, bro. Only my front fan and door fan are intake.

>my anecdotal evidence invalidates the issues experienced by others

That door fan isn't an intake. Your top rear and side fan are exhaust as they're configured, you've got one intake and more than double exhaust

>>my anecdotal evidence invalidates the issues experienced by others