See this

>see this
>what do

>make copy
>send original to blizzcucks
>receive free stuff
>goto blizzcon

Give it back, Tyrone.

Anonymously return it to Blizzard without making any copies.

Return it to it's rightful owner like a good samaritan.

starcraft is for cucks

>playing gaymes

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking retarded sack of shit.

There was nothing to be done with that, it was either keeping it as a curiosity or sending it to blizzard. Nothing made with whatever is in there could ever be released or be made useful without a lawyer barrage.

compile starcraft for gentoo

Give it back to get good Blizzard Goy Points™, some plushies and a trip to Blizzard's own convention!

google how to wipe readable only disc so i can put le tunez on it xD

So the source code is like all the programming written for the game?

Whats a decompiler? Is the data in a game somehow encrypted or not accessible in any pure way?

Explain to a layman

Dump it, return it, don't say a thing to anyone even if I got $250 worth of free stuff.
A few weeks later, leak the dump to VideoCardz.com, and let VC handle the rest.

decompiling won't give code that is like the original

why are redditors so fucking retarded

Faggot could have leaked the source.

Go back to plebbit.

>There was nothing to be done with that
>get behind 9 proxies and vpns using an old amd cpu in a public internet cafe
>upload the source code to some popular place like github
>let millions of people download it before it gets blocked
>let those millions of people share it with other millions of people

we need more antifa-communism-collectivist-thinking values on the internet

thanks user:)

there is a discussion on Sup Forums and i thought someone would have something interesting to say ? or do you want me to stop interfering with these great amd vs intel threads

Why thou? Does it just show code as it is run in real time or in progression or something?

no-one knows what it shows, not even the owner himself

Rewind it before you return it

>upload the source code to some popular place like github
Then github removes it in 5 minutes. Boy, you sure are stupid.

It shows what it 'thinks' was the code before it was compiled.

>implying that wasn't a PR campaign to begin with

does it fuck, there used to be a shit brood war implementation on github using actual assets in html , took a few months before it got taken down
>there is only 1 file hosting service

He's a Sup Forumsfag. What do you expect

>implying people won't be cloning the repo within the first 30 seconds

Return it to Blizzard immediately to receive my good goy points

I want you to kill yourself, you fucking retard.

Why is there no way to see all the data in a program unless its the source code?

Ive had to google what year it is twice this year, I know nothing.

did someone not empty out their piss jugs today? No cummies from mommy for user

when put through a C/C++ compiler shit gets turned into machine code, essentialy 1's and 0's kind of like putting in a chunk of meat and getting out mince. Easy to go one way , hard to go back

Did someone replace their brain with a pile of dog shit? Drink bleach, shit smear.

send an email to stallman saying the gcc is actually malicious because it doesn't provide a way for the code to be decompiled and therefore doesn't respect users freedom

Could you two lovers get a room? FFS

send back to blizzard like a good goy

Ok thanks, an analogy is just what I needed.

Have a bridget as thanks

Anonymously upload to throwaway GitHub account. Make post on Sup Forums telling everyone to download before it gets taken down.

People keep saying lawyers lawyers lawyers. That is only a problem if there's a way for them to find out who uploaded it. You can use public WiFi, proxies, vpns, etc... to mask your identity when uploading shit.

>make a copy
>send original to blizzard
>get gifts and a trip to blizzcon
>fuck elf cosplay bitches at blizzcon
>go home
>upload the copy i had to all the torrent sites

Say we all get to see and study the source code of 19 year old game.
Then what? What exactly can be accomplished with this code?

Wait, would going back require some amazing computing power? Isnt it just pure machine logic?

You're too eager, chimpmunk.

Yeah, he could have leaked this. To what end? Starcraft is just fine as it is, who the fuck needs source for a game this old?

What are you gonna do with this? Create Starcraft total conversions? What a benefit to mankind.

I don't see what benefit it would serve other than working out cheats for the game, if even that.

But alright, do that edgy holier-than-thou freetard shit. You're impressing the crowd, keep it up.

On top of all this, keep in mind it's entirely likely that it never really happened. It just so happens that a reddit karmawhore finds this just as Starcraft is being re-released?

>what is tor

You see, that's how you get caught. If you don't return it, they don't know who has it.

reddit spacing. post discarded.

Nigger, imagine what could've happened with source code released.

I'm trying really hard here negro. Might need some help.

you could make slightly nicer mods that nobody would play
other than that the only thing that would change is people being able to write maphacks/unlimited control groups easier I guess

"WAAAH! REDDIT! WAAAH!"

>To what end?
Knowledge for the sake of knowledge. There aren't exactly a ton of AAA titles with accessible source code. Everything is kept behind closed doors, and no one gets to learn from others how things are made.

>2011+6
>not using gnunet
shiggydiggy

Ask Reddit what to do and send it to Blizzard like a cuck.

>make copies
>sell on black market (assembler games)

easy, that redditor was a fucking retard

i don't really know how to explain it , you can do it to a certain extent but for example you can never go back to exactly the same .c and .cpp files. However if someone leaves the debugging symbols in , then you hit jackpot and its a whole different story

>Guy returns it and redditors called it scummy for not returning it when he could have released it for free
What a bunch of fucking flaming faggots, I'm genuinely disgusted.

umad?

Do you understand it fully and just cant explain it? Giv food or car analogy

tell blizzard i'm cute

only if you post a problematic emoji, if not then that will last time enought

Redditors need to fucking neck themselves. I can't remember the last time they had a good opportunity like this and didn't fuck it up.

>Giv food or car analogy

a plate with food is the source code
a digested turd is the compiled machine code

using microscopes and science and shit you can discover the type of food and stuff it was before being a turd, but you cannot convert the turd into actual food again

Not him, but here's car.

Source code is more like a box full of bits and instructions. Once car is made, drive it off and throwaway instructions. Taking the car apart again doesn't give you the same instructions back - the originals were thrown away. But you can write a similar set of instructions to help build it a second time

Why is everyone talking about source code?
Gold masters don't contain any source, it's the final build that gets sent to manufacturing for copying, why the fuck would it contain source?

Here's a guess things are done a bit different 20 years later.

Here's the guy's reasoning. Sure, he could have satisfied curiosity for some, or he could have just returned it to the owner.

You don't HAVE to share everything with everyone, it's not always the right thing to do. Is everyone on Sup Forums a militant communist?

>put in microwave
>drink gook tears

compile with -g, the application gets a little bigger, but you can view the symbols in a debugger, making everything readable.
You can pause the application and print data as you like.

I'd return it.

>OMG U KEK
It's a twenty year old engine, who will the source actually help?

This, people learned a lot from the quake source code, it would be an amazing resource for beginners

>why the fuck would it contain source
well it says "source code" on the cd

it's more about the novelty of it

1. Buy a thousand of writable dvd and make physical copy of it.
2. Give the original back and gain a trip to blizzcon
3. "Accidently drop" them here and there at blizzcon
4. Some faggot will surely read it and share it without a doubt.

I'm aware ppl should not do 4., for safety reasons, but if ppl had the least ounce of common sense with computer it'd be a known result.

BTFO
T
F
O

Can you imagine the depression is going to have

but it doesn't, you just made it up

The first stage is denial.

No, I'm just pointing out how autistic you are to give a shit about literal whitespace.

i like that , gives plausible deniability

its

Sell it to a rich Korean autist for 10 bucks

I have the Opera source code that was leaked a while back. I got it from Sup Forums long after it was pulled down from github.

Yeah its 2006 and I want Opera again.

Is it even a thing anymore?

Ok, let me get this straight.

20 year old Starcraft source code is found just as Starcraft is being re-released.

It just so happens that it is found by a reddit user willing to post about it.

It just so happens that reddit is a notorious shilling ground for interests big and small.

It just so happens that this reddit user decides to return the source code and proceeds to post about how Blizzard rewarded him for it.

And it just so happens that this happens during the short period in which Blizzcon tickets are being sold:

"On March 14, Blizzard Entertainment announced that BlizzCon 2017 will be held on November 3 and 4, with tickets being available to purchase on April 5 and April 8 using the ticketing service Universe. The prices for both admission and the benefit dinner will remain at $199 and $750 respectively. The date which Virtual Tickets will be sold is currently unknown.[43]"

I don't put this tinfoil hat on myself, it's practically forced on me.

>we need more antifa-communism-collectivist-thinking values on the internet
And yet look where you are. Sup Forums is almost alt-right redditor fuckboys nowadays

it was a joke, my friend

Implementing the game for many systems, fixing problems in the game (balance issues or just bugs), studying the game developer's coding practices and comments if there are any, modding the game from the base, looking for any methods / algorithms used that would have never been leaked + are really good... You can probably think of a lot of interesting activities to do with this source. If you're not a negative nancy, that is.

>give back to original owner FOR FREE
>post on reddit for internet points

>it's rightful owner
The rightful owner is everyone. Proprietary is like being mugged (Carmack's words, not mine). Don't understand why some people enjoy it.

>not leaking it for autists to fix the netcode and bring the best RTS to the nest level

What a fucking shame. And now blizzard is gonna be blizzard and probably charge something dumb like 35 bucks for their remaster of a 20 year old game

He got sweet gamer swag and Blizzard funbucks tho ;^)

I want that Winston plushie

Shit was probably encrypted anyway.

> hi im from reddit and I gobble corporate cock

they just gave it out for free....

Mind you it was stolen, this disc has been through more non-Blizzard hands than just the retard who returned it. For all we know he didn't make a copy but the guy who did steal it did and will leak it anyway
>mfw the redditard gets arrested when he didn't do anything

That sounds like you like it that way.

>rightful owner
2017 blizzard is not 1998 blizzard. They only own it in name, nothing else.

You can get access to the battle-net client, and adapt top-quality mods to use it, or even new games. Blizzard would have rewritten the entire Battle.net system again