Decide to upgrade the CPU in my laptop

>decide to upgrade the CPU in my laptop
>take off heatsink
>pic related

Do companies seriously do this, or is it more likely this was done by one of the laptop's previous owners?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lMTZn97VGfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop posting your shitty t430, faggot.
Nobody gives a fuck

>assembled by a chink one step removed from a paddy field

too fresh for stock

This is the only time I've ever posted it.

Then stop forcing this shitty sublaptop outside of /tpg/
Get back to your containment thread

>he fell for the nvs meme

shut the fuck up backseat mod

What's the problem?

Apple innovates.
Lenovo imitates.
Many such cases.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

plz delete

And the problem is ???
The thermal paste is covering the entire die so all the heat spread to the most copper area it can touch, something wrong or you're just pretending to be upset to fit in?

Because it was assembled carelessly you fool.

You're supposed to show love to your components for maximum performance.

>assembled carelessly
How? I fail to see what's wrong with that, you put paste and it spread around the die to transfer heat and the more it touch the copper and die the more heat it transfer, are you doing mental gymnastics or something?

It wasn't done properly and the thermal paste spilled over the die.

Are you from india or mexico by any chance?

>Samefagging this obvious
Goddamn retard, when the paste spill around the die it can transfer more eat because it touch more copper area of the heatsink, you "minimalist" or "must look good" approach is actually worse for your proccesor.

because we all know that the less copper touching the heatsink the better!

kys

>samefagging

Only indians or mexicans are this paranoid in my experience.

Also, the excess paste retains heat unless conducting the heat to another surface.

Finally, you misspelled proccesor.

Conclusion:

your a idiot

So you're saying we should just submerge CPUs in paste? I like it.

If you are so stupid that you fail to see how excess heat transference that is covering areas of the chipset that are not contacting the copper can be harmful, then I don't really care so whatever How are you doing?

That is a totally normal amount of thermal paste for a mass produced laptop mobo. Are you retarded or someth- oh wait, I'm on Sup Forums.

This.

Better safe than sorry. You want them to ship it with too little?

>Do companies seriously do this

Its a T430
Did you expect something good out of a chinkpad, especially the first year of serious corner cutting?

They use non conductive stuff
It wont hurt anything at all, it will just be ugly

Copper transfers heat much better than the paste does
The paste transfers heat a lot better than small, invisible to the naked eye gaps of air.

A happy medium if a fine layer of paste to fill in the gaps, while leaving as much copper physically touching as possible.
Too much paste can actually hurt temps. Will it make it run too hot?
No, but you could shave 2-3c by putting the proper amount on.

When you are mass producing, you dont give a shit about a few degrees, and you err on the side of caution to make sure it has more than enough

>It wont hurt anything at all
Not that guy but excess TIM will negatively impact heat transfer. It's not significant for the expected use case of a laptop but it might lead to higher temperatures during the kind of heavy use that one would see from video encoding or something similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=lMTZn97VGfI