Why is electronic cigarette technology progressing faster than cell phone technology?

Why is electronic cigarette technology progressing faster than cell phone technology?

Other urls found in this thread:

fasttech.com/products/0/10004185/5685001-authentic-sony-imr-18650-3-6v-2600mah
medicolegal.tripod.com/hitlersmoker.htm
powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because modern cellphones are infinitely more complex than fucking e-cigarettes.

I find this hard to believe. The electronic cigarette market has become a billion dollar industry over night

You'd be surprised. Cigarettes often have ARM processors and it takes a lot of work taking and delivering 100+ watts at shit volts. Loss increases as the square of the current.

Id happily take a plastic galaxy note thats twice as thick if it meant extended battery life.

The market for actual cigarettes is even bigger and they make no technological advantage whatsoever. Size of the market doesn't imply complexity of the product.

Also: count the number of transistors in a fucking e-cigarette and in a smartphone.

>if a market is worth a lot, it means their products are like really really complex

You would be objectively wrong trying to debate cell phones have seen more innovation in recent years than electronic cigarettes have. The cell phone market is in a state of stagnation. Even normies tire of new phone releases. The cell phone industry takes 2 steps backwards for each step forward.

Delivering high effect is done using simple circuitry. Most ecigarettes don't even have an onboard microcontroller, and those that do have low-end ones.

This

>You would be objectively wrong trying to debate cell phones have seen more innovation in recent years than electronic cigarettes have
This is outright and plain wrong. In the last two years, energy efficiency in smart phones has more than doubled, despite vendors cramming more and more energy hungry processing power into them. In terms of storage, huge advancements have been done, form factor has been reduced by a factor of 3 without sacrificing any capacity in the same period. Improvements in flash memory technology also means less power usage.

You have to understand the individual components inside a smartphone in order to even understand how complex of a system it really is.

>electronic cigarette

lmao

Let me fix that for you:
I've been made aware of more new features (not progress) relative to the lengh of existence of the product.

Innovation and complexity are two different things. Vapes are something quite new that has met with an outrageous demand, so it went from 0 to 60 in no time.
Cellphones on the other hand are developing way slower, while being way ahead. A single Electronics Engineer graduate with no experience could hack and improve an e-cig. Try to do the same with a phone.

What's the progress here, a different huge battery box?

The device is still a lithium batter warming up metal, and you apparently still are smoking.

Decent smartphones getting upgrade to their Sony camera sensor is more of a technological achievement than the whole of electronic cigarettes pulled off over time.

They're still devices with the approximate complexity of a water cooker.

But the consumer doesn't see any improvement. Each year a video is made of passing off the old phone as the new model and everyone just acts like they are amazed at it. Very few people will notice or take advantage of any upgrades made, if any. The cell phone will still lose its charge after one day, and new cell phone models will see very few improvements aside from gimmicks. I don't care about vaping, other than using it as an example to make a point and solicit (You)s from Sup Forums, but the electronic cigarette industry is undeniably delivering far greater improvements to its consumers than the cell phone industry. The cell phone industry has been relatively the same since the first iPhone's release.

> But the consumer doesn't see any improvement.
Yes they do. Cameras shoot much better in imperfect light now and are stabilized.

Smartphones have significantly longer battery life even at the same performance.

> Very few people will notice or take advantage of any upgrades made, if any.
Of the OTHER upgrades than the ones just mentioned - e.g. the newest minor iteration of the bluetooth standard or newest WLAN? Most won't until much later when they already have a new phone, yea?

So what, that always has been the case with personal computers. Plebs never use, touch or understand a fraction of what computers have and can do. It's just how it is with devices that are MORE complex than airplanes etc (if you remove their computers).
We just do otherwise NOT let normal people use machines this complex and versatile. Computers are unique like that since they became impressively ridiculously cheap and were the only machine in mankind's history to become exponentially better over a damn long period of time (moore's conjecture was in effect).

>100+ watts at shit volts.
You mean Amps? Those things never operate anything near 100W.

>But the consumer doesn't see any improvement.
He should. Decoding a 2 minute 4k H.265 video on your smart phone is possible today, and it doesn't even drain your battery.

3-4 years ago it wasn't even remotely doable and people would just laugh at you for even suggesting it.

My current smartphone has twice the memory and four times storage than all my previous models, COMBINED.

The reason why people aren't wooed and amazed is because they have insane expectations and companies keep churning out great innovations that live up to these expectations. Whereas for vaping, people find it cool that you can change your mixture using some sort of app you flashed onto the onboard microcontroller.

Probably because big corps found what werks so why change it. If you haven't noticed, phones haven't really changed since the first smartphone. Only bigger and faster.

Little to no regulations on the devices.

There was more to work on since it's a young tech?

Seems like

I have the same one. Thinkpad of vapes.

Wtf the fuck? Mid end goes up to 100w and high end to 250+

Why are you posting if you have no fucking clue what you're talking about? You can get a 200W mod for $30.

100W is like desktop kabykek housefire.
are you sure?

Not him but yes.
Entry-level is around 15-20W
50W mid-range
100W+ for "cloud chasers"

my gx350, as the name implies goes up to 350 watts. I could power a tower pc only with my vape feelsgoodman

It makes sense since most of the energy will be used generating heat in the coils, whereby energy will quickly be lost, resulting in a need for a bigger energy consumption.

This thread is retarded and probably bait.

Yes they may have 100W Output power but only for a very brief period of time. Seconds at most. The liion / Lipos most commonly used might be able to provide currents of 10C or more, but again the power draw is very short.

>Seconds at most.
Exactly what you need to draw

>current of 10C
Coulomb?
Coulomb is a unit of charge, not current.

Common e-cig batteries put out up to 35A of continuous discharge @ 3.6V or around 125 W

High-end models use two of those.

fasttech.com/products/0/10004185/5685001-authentic-sony-imr-18650-3-6v-2600mah

/thread

Yet most cellphone users know almost nothing about very basic physics like Ohm's law or the difference between Coulomb and Ampere.

you STILL can't buy nicotine liquid in japan, just nicotine-free bubblegum mint flavored bullshit

oh no, nicotine's a poison, can't let consumers buy vape liquid it might be bad for their health! but suuuuure, smoking 300 tobacco cigarettes a day, of course that's totally fine

fuck. i could just import it but still

>weeb woes

>tfw the botnet wants me to get lung cancer

Prepare to get banned like I do every time I want to discuss battery and vaporizer technology. Got to make room for "hurr durr Linux sucks" and "hurr durr windows sucks" threads

>i'm a moron

Vaping kinda sucks, it's a nice buzz sometimes but I stopped because I got tired of buying new coils

feels fine man

Cell phones have been pretty much solved perfectly already. Only thing you can do to them anymore is make them 0.5% smaller, 1% cheaper or give them 1% more battery life.

Regular cigarettes cause impotence, too. And even those who don't get impotence, get a shorter dick since it fucks up veins in the body.

>Only thing you can do to them anymore is make them 0.5% smaller, 1% cheaper or give them 1% more battery life.

that's what the jews want you to believe

>implying the crippling depression caused by my short dick didn't drive me to smoke in the first place

god i fucking love broscience

>are you sure?
Are you fucking retarded? One google search would show you they've had 200+ Watt mods for 2-3 years

Vaping tech has not progressed since August of last year due to FDA regs freezing the market, you plebs. Plus the fact that big tobacco is funding uni's to dry burn the shit out of them and publish bs about them being worse for your health than cigarettes is scaring everyone away.

i'm sorry i'm not a hipster with cancer.

>over night
>vaping has been around for at least a year
that's at least 365 nights, user

Nah you're just a retard

>smoking shit
gee, i wonder who is the retard here?

The greatest men in history all smoked, you think that's a coincidence?

hitler didn't.

bullshit

medicolegal.tripod.com/hitlersmoker.htm

100+ amps are you mentaly disabled?

I had read somewhere that Japan is a smoker's country. Something about how there's tons of smokers and they have few laws about where smoking is permitted. I remember back in the early 80's that there were few laws about smoking in public buildings in the US. I remember walking through a Kmart and there being people smoking.

Vaping got me to kick a 25 yr streak of cigs, the last 5 being roll your own.
feels good man

>american education

holy fuck, 100 amps would destroy just about anything

powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

>pic related, it's the cable that would be required to handle 100 amps

I wish I could send 100 amps through your heart

Whoever is addicted to smoking is a complete retard

True. That's why vapes are based

Vapers too

>100 watts that's absurd
>More like 100 amps

Holy fucking kek

He's probably still lurking this thread for DAMAGE CONTROL

Top 3 dumbest statements I've ever read on Sup Forums

There you are big boy

>Top 3
>Links one post
Do you know how this site works?

>I CAN NOW WATCH 4K ON MY 6" TINY SCREEN ;))
>FACEBOOK CAN NOW USE UP TO 8GB OF MEMEORY ON MY PHONE