So is this the power of mainstream Intel 6 cores? 3.5GHz?

So is this the power of mainstream Intel 6 cores? 3.5GHz?
This will be far worse in games than a 7700, much less a 7700k

MAYBE IT'S NOT FOR FUCKING GAMES

Eng. samples are usually not as highly clocked as the finished product, but anyone hoping for the kind of OC you see on 4 cores is dreaming. I'm betting final stock clocks 3.6 GHz, same as the i7-6850K.

If they're planning on keeping a 91-95W TDP, they're not gonna clock it much higher than what we see now.

Funny.
People said the same thing about Ryzen.
HEDT shit from Intel is never high clocked.

No that sounds like something an AMDrone would say, don't you think?

2 cores is all you need for gaming.

Pentium gets 80% of the 7700k's performance and is 5-6 times cheaper.

4 cores? What do you need 2 cores for? A pentium 4 is enough for gaming

pentium 4? what do you need pentium 4 for gaming? Pentium 2 is all you need.

>Ryzen destroys Intel in everything but games
>"But what about games, pooinloo??!!"
>Intel comes out with CPU with shitty gaming performance
>"It's not about fucking games!!"

>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

pentium 2? what do you need pentium 2 for gaming? Pentium 1 is all you need.

>average performance :|
> :|

pentium? why would do you need a pentium? for gaming?

This is the essence of the strategic trap that Intel finds itself in. Intel has already more or less hit the single-core performance wall. The 7740k is literally going to be ~0% faster than the 7700k because there is no more blood in that stone.

However, since single-core performance--mostly as a result of clock speed--are the only leg Intel has to stand on against Ryzen, Intel cannot pivot towards finally pursuing a more cores approach without--in the short term--BTFO'ing the shit out of themselves as they will have to give up the clock advantage to get the more cores but will STILL likely lose in multi-threaded performance to Ryzen. What's even worse, is that if Intel starts pursuing a more cores strategy and starts pushing developers to better optimize for more cores (so their new 6 and 8 core consumer CPUs don't get BTFO'd in every gaming bench by the older 7740k), it will end up benefiting AMD even more than themselves since AMD will still have the multi-threaded advantage until Intel's new arch.

Basically Intel is pretty fucked right now, as they are in a total damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario until 2021.

You forgot to mention that Zen 2 will almost certianly see substantial improvements and by 2021 when their new arch comes out, AMD will be on Zen 4 by then.

That is also a good point. Intel is in the process of being forced to give up their clock speed lead while Ryzen will be continuing to gain in IPC and already dominates Intel in multi-threaded performance. It's likely to be a rough few years ahead for Intel until 2021.

Look at the AMD babbs sucking each other off in deep throat!

It's hilarious to think that you guys seriously believe Zen 2 will see substantial improvements when in reality, AMD was only able to come up with Ryzen thanks to Jim Keller (or better put: Jim Keller came up with Ryzen).

Keller is out of the picture now. What do you think AMD is going to have up their sleeves besides Naples, which isn't even for the mainstream consumer? Ryzen is AMD's one trick. AMD is going to milk it for as long as possible.

This is Reddit

Mike Clark is the lead architect of Zen.

>Keller “was involved in the early days of Zen, we worked together on the arch and he made me lead architect for it because he was running the whole [processor design] group,” said Clark.

AMD spent years polishing the turd known as Bulldozer. They have plenty of experience improving architectures. Even if AMD isn't able to improve Ryzen much, which I doubt, it's not like Intel is going to make some great performance leaps either.

This kills the corelets.

>Look at the AMD babbs sucking each other off in deep throat!
>Proceeds to post complete misinformation

Shit like this is how you know fanboys are just desperate as fuck.

>buy intel 6 core, 6 thread cpu for $400+ not including the mobo
>it's a non-K variant clocked at 3.5ghz
>can't overclock it, have to pay extra $40 just for the ability to OC
>pay extra $40 like the stupid fuck I am just to have the ability to OC
>pay extra $35 for a decent cooler to actually be able to overclock and not burn the fucking thing
>total at $475 for a 6 core 6 thread CPU
>it gets 110 fps in My Game Of Choice, but stutters like an autist in a heavily crowded room

meanwhile

>buy ryzen 6 core 12 thread CPU for $219
>can overclock it, don't have to spend extra on an "overclockable" model
>it comes with a cooler that lets me bump up the frequency by at least another 500mhz while keeping the temperatures in check
>it gets 105 fps in My Game Of Choice, but is smooth as butter and has no stutters of any kind

>HAHA POOZEN ENJOYING YOUR 6 CORE 12 THREAD CPU, FAGGOTS?
>I SWEAR I DON'T REGRET THE MONEY I WASTED ON THIS MORE THAN 2x EXPENSIVE CPU
>LOL RYZEN BTFO

You overclock it. But I guess this will be slower than my 5820K, only 6 threads, only dual-channel. Probably a new socket.

Don't buy the mainstream platform, its shit.

As far as we can tell, it's going to be a slower 6850K.

The 5820K is clocked much slower, but it has almost the same IPC. Broadwell-E also OCs like shit. Haswell-Es overclocking capabilities are currently the only pro argument for Intel in competition to Ryzen.