I'm thinking about fully adopting w10 LTSB for my system...

I'm thinking about fully adopting w10 LTSB for my system. Every program and game I've tried on it so far works without any hitches, and all compatibility workarounds that I've traditionally used under windows 7 seem to work with this one. Is there anything I'm missing about it? Any legitimate reasons as to why I wouldn't install it? I'm aware of the hardware limitations per release and that's fine to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
kickass.cd/windows-10-enterprise-2016-ltsb-x64-lite-ivankehayov-tt17164259.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Every program and game I've tried on it so far works without any hitches, and all compatibility workarounds that I've traditionally used under windows 7 seem to work with this one.
Yep steam works just fine bro youre good

it's just a meme
install Windows 10 Pro,
people are fucking with you when they suggest LTSB

also if you're torrenting it then they all have some Botnet/RAT implanted deep into it. and you can't get the iso from microsoft so you're retarded

This guy is right, just install 10 pro and disable the programs you don't want via powershell

what makes Pro better?

pro doesnt have group policy editor thats needed to disable pajeetnet
you need education or enterprise

that's what hashes are for.

yea, ive never encountered any problems with it. id hazard to say people who think its a meme have never used it.

microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
?? its basically free

microsoft needs to hire better shillers for their botnet

Guys I'm really tempted to install this. Does it have DX 12?

of course, but for the most part you won't want to use it anyway, and it really doesn't matter anymore. Developers are showing favor to vulkan

I understand that but my friend wants to make sure. If possible can any of you anons provide a dxdiag showing that it does indeed have DX 12?

Nigger just stop being a fucking bitch and install it. It's Windows 10--it has DX12 by default.

Make sure you install LTSB N and not regular LTSB. LTSB still has some garbage like the XBOX shit, which will force your games to cap at 30 FPS.

ltsb doesnt come with xbox shit. the only difference is that it doesnt come with windows media player and codecs.

It's trash, lol: LTSB has XBox crap in it. And Cortana, although it's partly disabled. Check Windows folder where it has the store applications installed, there's like 10 of them in LTSB.

youre being trolled, pro is shit, you cant disable anything there..

get enterprise ltsb

what did he mean by this?

Windows folder; C:/Windows/, not Program Files

kek nice try pajeet

how do you make LTSB legit version? can you buy a key or install kspico or w/e

First, don't get the eval iso which most retards on Sup Forums will point you towards

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x64_dvd_6848446.iso
264D48C902E6B586A1ED965062F7DA4D4DA99B35

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x86_dvd_6848454.iso
ABE400AD86C604197A3B163E31AFCC1B7C53325E

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
031ED6ACDC47B8F582C781B039F501D83997A1CF

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso
45E72D02FF17125C699558719EB946D8E140C9CC

Microsoft Toolkit for activation, on MDL forum

I've tried Windows 10, gave up on it.

tl;dr:
>Get m.2 drive
>Install Windows 10
>Install Samsung nvme driver after getting everything sorted out and stable
>Looks fine
>Reboot
>Constant blue screens, can't initialize boot device anymore
>Unlike Windows 7 it doesn't give you the option of how to startup if booting failed (ie: boot into safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.), doesn't give you any option of doing any kind of startup repair.
>To do what you could do before in Windows 7, you literally need to create a Windows 10 installer media drive again (already wiped the USB since I was done installing Windows 10).
>Piece of shit still refuses to boot into safe mode.
>Piece of shit fails to do startup repair
>Reformat everything and reinstall everything, but with the Samsung NvME driver as the first thing installed, rebooted successfully, then everything else installed fine.
>1 week later blue screens again.
>Just reformat into Windows 7 Ultimate.

Windows 10 was a meme when I used it. Nothing they've done made the system even remotely more stable.

LTSB is great if you're looking to waste your time and figure out dependency errors from time to time. It's not for anyone but specialized/advanced users which rules out everyone on Sup Forums.

Not really.

I do believe that you can make reasonably (not completely, its impossible nowdays anyway) private with Win10 with proper setting and with proper version, but while LTSB might be not needed, some sort of Enterprise is HIGHLY suggested, simply because of greated degree of control.

Education variant of Enterprise is best, in my opinion - Cortana is disabled by default and there is no way to bring her back and it ahve everything that Enterprise have, plus its provided for students at univerisites for free.

Im usign it right now, by the way.

It does have gpedit. However, some policies are "enterprise only" like "security level" telemetry setting or option to disable all Store apps in single setting.

Are those the evaluation isos?

can I download those directly from microsoft?

No, they're the proper VL iso files

Yes. You need account though, they're not public

which one do I get? 2015 or 2016?

2016 includes all the features/bug fixes from anniversary update. so if you want the newest version go with 2016.

both ltsb and ltbs N have that there

get the superior mini botnet edition
kickass.cd/windows-10-enterprise-2016-ltsb-x64-lite-ivankehayov-tt17164259.html