Need new speakers

Need new speakers
pic related is what I'm using now
Don't want go crazy with amps and shit
Just recommend a good set for my computer that's plug and use.

Price range: $100-$150
>$200 if they're really worth it

Other urls found in this thread:

thomann.de/gb/swissonic_asm5.htm
thomann.de/gb/krk_rp5_rokit_g3.htm
thomann.de/gb/active_nearfield_monitors.html?oa=rat&filter=true&price-first=0&price-last=200
youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
noaudiophile.com/Swan_D1010-IV/
klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-center-speakers#rp-450c
klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-surround-sound-speakers#rp-250s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont get anything with under 4" drivers. they will always sound like shit.

dude, you have this sweet d'appolito configuration
be content man!

The room the computer is in is literally only 8x9.
So don't need something insane. Hence why the cheap "Genius" Speakers have worked for me for so long.

Can't be fussed to fix 'em. Plus they're cheap.
Looking to upgrade somewhat.

No point in upgrading with this kind of budget. The only decent active computer speakers in this price range are edifiers but even those are not really outstanding for music.
JBL305 plus audio interface, but that's $300 for speakers alone. Buy headphones instead and keep using those.
There are those mica poorfag bookshelf speakers too, but require amp as well.

I'm sure there's something better out there that's plug and use than a pair of $30 speakers. I'm no audiophile and gonna be blasting music or games or whatever at very high. Keep things usually pretty quiet.
Don't want to have to buy and set up any sort of audio interface or amps or anything.

>Buy headphones instead and keep using those.
Don't like wearing them all the time. Also not always right next to the screen when listening to music or whatever

dude, you'll get more for your money if you buy a chipamp and some small bookshelves
too complicated? it has to be integrated? fuck you

Look for active nearfield monitors under 200€. Mackie, M-Audio, Samson are a few examples. Read some fucking reviews and Amazon, etc.

Or you could look for something used ... that would be the best option, imo.

>getting this pissy
Some people like things simple. I just want to plug it in and boom. It works.

thomann.de/gb/swissonic_asm5.htm has very decent ratings / reviews.

These too:
thomann.de/gb/krk_rp5_rokit_g3.htm

Take a look at the ratings here (and look for pairs): thomann.de/gb/active_nearfield_monitors.html?oa=rat&filter=true&price-first=0&price-last=200

If you are so set on this. Edifier r1600tii or r2600. I don't know if those are available in your country and keep in mind they are fuckhuge, basically bookshelf size, but otherwise those are only decent computer speakers I know of. Otherwise creative T20 maybe. Honestly computer speakers are kinda shit option and you would be much better off with bookshelf+amp combo, but whatever you prefer.

Just search $150-$200 speakers in google's frugle search. sage and reported.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/M-Audio/BX5-Pair-Powered-Monitor-113124250.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CKX3tb_G2dMCFYOKfgodWT4OHw&kwid=productads-adid^66736785762-device^c-plaid^134293525002-sku^113124250@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

>m-audio
>muh sides

they actually work fine niggers and are in this fags price range.

>These too:
>thomann.de/gb/krk_rp5_rokit_g3.htm

Sorry I fucked up, that offer is not a pair. DERP.

Don't know shit about setting up amps
Nor what to get, what to look for, etc.
I just wanna plug everything in and have it working

just get some logitech then. even those will be better than your current speakers

Your choice. You will be charged for this convenience though.
Having a fixed budget it follows you will be getting lower quality audio.

The search term you're looking for is active nearfield monitor(s). Those are usually "studio" grade active speakers(, compared to consumer PC Call-of-Doody-Crap). An active speaker has the amp already integrated into the speaker cabinet.

>lower quality audio
>OP stated room is 8x9
>Using $30 pair of genius speakers

Anything he gets is an improvement.
Plus lets not stroke our audiophile dicks in here.
The quality isn't going to be drastically noticeable at all.

Guess I'm looking for decent, "Active nearfield monitors" then.

But folks are making it seem like they don't exist without paying at least $500 or more.

just go in a store and try then. only a retard would buy something because it was shilled here.

>The room the computer is in is literally only 8x9.
8x9 WHAT? Judging by your statement, not meters.

8x9 feet, my bad

I already linked you a few choices. Sorry for the *.de link though, the page is using English though.

About professional brands (as far as I know):

Samson: A manufacturer from Asia, decent stuff but build quality is a bit hit and miss.

Behringer: Is a German brand, however they are very budget oriented and manufacturing is done in China. Decent tech, usually tons of features only found in higher end models, but quality again is a bit hit an miss.

Mackie: Made in USA. Usually decent stuff. Not sure if their stuff is still made in USA.

JBL: Same as Mackie.

Tannoy: UK based audio tech company. I heard good things.

RCF: Italian based audio tech company. Heard good things about them.

M-Audio: Founded in Murrica. Decent stuff ...

In the end the decision is yours.

Buying a suboptimal solution because you can't be arsed to pick the right amp and hook up some wires is stupid. With a tight budget doubly so.

Not OP but would be interested in your solution of choice that fulfills OPs requirements with the exclusion of the integrated amp requirement.

you're right, that is small enough

However, don't listen to and get Creative speakers instead, they are way better than Logitech speakers
Just kidding, they are probably shit as well, listen to and and youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE

Swan D1010-IV

noaudiophile.com/Swan_D1010-IV/

I'm listening to a pair of scythe kro craft speakers (50 euros) powered by a TDA7492P-based bluetooth amp (15) now.

Nice frequency response. :)

Microlab. Google them

that's what a shitty room is like, yeah
can't compare that to free field measurements of manufacturers

No I was serious, the smoothed graph looks relatively linear, and the spikes/dimples might be room modes?

but only after he corrected the shit out of it, which will sound like complete ass when you move your head around a couple of inches, dsp correction should always be the last resort and only very subtle and exclusive to the lowest register only and for sure has no place in a review like that

To be honest, the Scythe speakers look like chinese shovelware, but I might be wrong.

The TDA7492P is a decent chipamp, but what makes you think that it's any better than the solutions used by OEM manufacturers, they probably use very similar chips in the integrated speakers.

Guess I wasn't paying too much attention to the entirety of the review. My bad.

How are Klipsch speakers?

For speakers you have options like Daytons, Miccas et al within budget.
My point about the amp is that when you're on a tight budget you don't want to be paying manufacturers for these integrating duties.

Klipsch has some excellent speaker lines, however usually they are much much more expensive than 200$.

I own a Klipsch RP-450C Center and it's very good. Awesome clear voices, etc.
klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-center-speakers#rp-450c

In the near future I want to upgrade my living room audio system with a pair of RP-250S Surrounds.
klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-surround-sound-speakers#rp-250s

Oh I get your point now. But I guess OP doesn't want to get crafty.

Actually I want to upgrade my whole living room to be Klipsch in the near future but I have to save up some more to be able to achieve that goal. A pair of Klipsch RP-280F will set me back 800€ ... can't afford that at the moment.

So my current setup is a bit of a "Frankenstein system" ...

AMP: Denon AVR-X3300W
Center: Klipsch RP-450C
Front Speakers: Technics SB-440 (1976ish Vintage Speakers)
Rears / Surrounds: None so far, kek!
Sub: Electro-Voice SB122 (kek!, this is a PA Sub that I usually use to play music when I visit a music festival)

So I am probably the only person in the world who uses a 3.1 audio system. It's not too bad though.

3(.1) channel is pretty common for smallish home theater setups, since the center is really important if you don't want to listen to shitty auto-dowmixes with quiet dialogue on 75% of all releases

Get something for cheap or save up. Cheapest properly good loudspeakers bought new are the LSR305s. Better deals are to be had used from thrift stores but you have to know what you are looking for and you need to have some loudspeaker amp.