To vim users: what steps have you taken to help the poor children in Uganda?

To vim users: what steps have you taken to help the poor children in Uganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KEoGrbKAyKE
makewealthhistory.org/2011/09/01/a-trillion-dollars-of-wasted-aid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Used emacs instead

sent them a usb drive with vim on it

Vim : Vim isn't eMacs

By not donating so they can die a peaceful death instead of a slow and painful one

set shortmess+=I

this

>As of October 2012, Moolenaar works at Google,[10] working in the Zürich office since July 2006. He is also the maintainer and release manager of the Vim editor.
>using the text editor of the botnet

Have you ever considered that if X is not able to save itself it might not be worth saving?
>inb4 coldsteel

fpbp

are you implying that africa isn't kept in an artifically fucked state by the west?

If the donation spent on education it can be useful, but the reality is more sad.

no I'm just being edgy here

So we should just bring back evolution? "Oh you have cancer? Well to fucking bad for you that your genes are complete shit"

are you implying that most cancers come from bad genes?
also, yes
also, see

nothing, they're all black so they'll probably grow up to be horrible people. fuck them, vim is still good

Vim is shit, use neovim today!

this, desu, I don't know in which parallel dimension lives, but Bram Mole definitely needs to learn how to license, code, using vcs, designing user interfaces, designing scripting languages (actually a part of user interfaces), communicating, web design, deployment and probably a lot of other stuff

>are you implying that most cancers come from bad genes?
Basically, yes. If they were not bad then you would not get cancer.

>Basically, yes. If they were not bad then you would not get cancer.
By that logic, if they were not bad i'd be able to fly and shoot laser beams out of my mouth.

I've donated quite a bit.

>tfw we know how to cure most cancer
>tfw we're not allowed to produce medicine as it's not profitable enough
>tfw everyone around you die because of it and you're helpless because you're not influent enough
By an holy miracle, rich people don't die of cancer, really makes you think...

They're Africans, education won't really do them any good.

t. justinmk

>putting any trust in the editor written by people whose branched solely because their vim patches kept getting rejected for being complete shit.

now that vim8 has async api, why use neovim? I'll wait.

this.
then send crates of RMS foot cheese to the little mud rodents

:terminal

Stevie steve McIntosh Blowjobie did die of cancer though.

"I'm literally too retarded to use tmux"

if you want your computer built into your editor, emacs has been doing it longer and better for decades.

:!rm -rf /*

I watch Who Killed Captain Alex: Uganda's First Action Movie every week to help their economy

youtu.be/KEoGrbKAyKE

i use nano

Every available terminal emulator is unusably shit, from garbage mouse support (80 columns, 232 columns, etc., and only retards think that {C-w [hjkl]} x10 + [hjkl] x10 is faster than one click, let alone over ssh), shit color support, shit escape code support (e.g. cursor change), etc.
Not to mention that using tmux means killing any prefix C-b (or equivalent) on one end, as well as making multiwindow control extremely complicated and non-unified: one cannot further split and arrange terminals among editing panes and two different movement schemes must be used depending on which element is being interacted with.
Finally, it is a fact that using gvim instead of vim or a neovim gui like neovim-qt instead of terminal neovim is infinitely superior on account of the increased support for correct colorscheme and accurate element rendering (such as squiggly lines instead of eyerape background) allowing easier reading.
The fact of the matter is, you're literally too retarded to do basic arithmetic.

i ironically shitpost

>Every available terminal emulator is unusably shit
what about xterm, the terminal emulator embedded in neovim?

>tmux means killing any C-b prefix
idiots keep the C-b prefix, well intentioned idiots change the prefix to C-a, patricians change the prefix to C-

>muh multiwindows are hard
plenty of IDE's if you can't figure out how to manage your layout with the keyboard, and there's a plugin to unify window movement commands between tmux and vim

>I can't into color support
pic related, vim + tmux can display whatever faggy little colors your heart desires

>what about xterm, the terminal emulator embedded in neovim?
xterm != libvte. xterm uses libvte. Libvte is acceptable in spite of being a collection of hacks, but it's still not good. The reason why :terminal is significantly superior to just using a terminal emulator with vim in it is because tasks that wouldn't be done in vim typically don't require the kind of support from the terminal that vim requires, thus mitigating the issue. xterm itself is garbage through and through.

>idiots keep the C-b prefix, well intentioned idiots change the prefix to C-a, patricians change the prefix to C-
You didn't have to try THAT hard to miss the point on purpose, did you?
>plenty of IDE's if you can't figure out how to manage your layout with the keyboard, and there's a plugin to unify window movement commands between tmux and vim
>1 + 1 = 2 and not 14
>"plenty of other variables than x if you can't figure out how to make 1 + 1 = 14!"

>pic related, vim + tmux can display whatever faggy little colors your heart desires
>256 colors only
>need to manually set colors, and for each individual vim theme the colors have to be reset or otherwise the theme doesn't render correctly
>still doesn't address italic, lines, and cursors

Sasuga.

absolutely this

>I dislike the hammer's color so I used a cum-infused shoestring instead

You actually get cancer because other shit doesn't kill you and you live long enough for replication errors to happen

>nogware
To what end, so they come to Yurop in rickety boats 10 years later?

dose quints tho

Underrated
N
D
E
R

Install Gentoo you arch noobs

The messages rotate: there's "support vim development", "become a registered vim user" and "help poor niggers". Which one you get is random everytime you start vim. Note that moolenar says that he never keeps money that helps vim development, he just sends it to uganda anyway.

makewealthhistory.org/2011/09/01/a-trillion-dollars-of-wasted-aid/

I usually start vim like vim filename, so I don't get messages about nigger kids. Problem solved.

only thing that would help those niggers is leaving them alone. everyone that gives them free money & things is just making it worse for people living there.

does not even work :D

font?

Wtf I hate vim now

this except not "usually" but always

Terminus

wew

>giving people free money is making it worse for them
yeah ok, back to Sup Forums you racist

this t b h.
>wanted into extensible text editor
>open vim
>"H-help poor children in Uganda goyim!"
>sudo pacman -S emacs

I opened a Planned Parenthood clinic in Kampala, where I perform free abortions, in servce to humanity.

>want extensible text editor
>get triggered by it
>use glorified notepad.exe except with worse keybinds instead
activates the almonds...

He's right you bleeding heart cunt. A small percentage of money donates to anywhere in Africa actually reaches its destination.

Doesn't matter, money still reaches them, and that' good because it helps them.

You must be 18 or older to browse this site.

Nice tinfoil logic.
Why don't they make cancer curing medicine and jack the price then? If it's better than the alternatives and completely cures cancer you can name you fucking price and people have no choice but to give you their $$$. I wonder why they don't just do that...

Pro tip: it's because it doesn't actually exist. But it's ok, you tried.

what font is that though?

Fuck off shills

If any company invented the cure for cancer, they would fuck their competitors in the ass big time. So even if they'd lose profit by releasing the cure instead of keeping on selling current shit, they are still better off releasing the cure than waiting for someone else to discover it and fuck them in the ass.

Not how it works, retard.

Good argument. You got me convinced :^)

DejaVu Sans Mono