How do you get energy to program/study after a long day of work?

How do you get energy to program/study after a long day of work?

I don't

i dont - i do that shit at work

when i get home i relax and smoke a j

Same boat, OP. "Pull yourself up by the bootstaps", except the bootstraps are to darn heavy.

The fear of working in a restaurant all my life does a good job

You've been in a coma for... quite some time. Yes, yes, I know. You would like to know how long. I'm afraid it's been... nine years.

do i get a training montage while troy baker injects me with steroids?

Its hard, but must keep the eyes on the end goal. One .Step. At. A. Time.

And yes, its fucking hard.

Its damn hard. I basically have to spend an hour relaxing before I can get in the state of mind to do something productive again.

I don't work.
NEET4lyf

why can't I just buy a magic pill that gives me infinite energy?

Modafinil isn't magic but... gives you the energy of tomorrow.

Sleep for 3 hours

>change sleep schedule
>study/practicum before work
>greater feeling of completeness and satisfaction after work
>guilt free relaxation

this ain't TV user, its hard work and long work to improve yourself.

You don't, that's why you should finish school before getting a job and code at home only when you feel like it if you already work as a codemonkey. I realized the biggest reason I've been programming as a hobby was to get a job and keep my mind sharp. Now that I have a steady programming job I can jerk off and play vidya all evening when I come home and not worry about a god damn thing

i get my wife to give me some massage and foot rubs to rejuvenate and often time i get to drink some rejuvenating juice from her tits too

stop masturbating.

Club mate
Wank
Speed
Spliff
Microdose LSD

it's called amphetamine

you know, it's these ideas that I come here for, that I'm too retarded to think of for some reason.

Thanks, user.

You just do it.

Oftentimes, even if I feel exhausted after work, when I actually sit down to work on a project/problem set/exercise I wind up working for at least an hour or more. Once you get past the initial curve of starting a task, you will maintain momentum easily.

That's how it is for me, anyway.

A good mindset to have is this:
>Even if I don't feel like doing it, I can still do it.

5 things:
• Get enough sleep every day. That feeling of hopelessness and irritation after attempting to do anything mentally demanding usually comes from this.
• Exercise every day. An active body has more mental energy. It doesn't have to be 4 hours in the gym lifting weights, running for a mile a day is more than enough.
• Stop eating garbage and drinking cancer juice. ie avoid sodas and deep fried foods
• Drink enough water each day. Dehydration reduces mental energy.
• Go outside every once in a while. Being locked in a cage makes you depressed. Doesn't have to be a park, can be your local mcdonalds or whatever.

I do all this and have plenty of mental energy to get shit done. In fact it's what's giving me the strength to go through an A+ study book for an hour each day despite working as a mason all day long.

I would suggest masturbation.

HI ITS TONY ROBBINS AGAIN

OKAY THE FIRST STEP IS TO BE READING THIS IN MY VOICE

user, I KNOW WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM. AND I CAN DEEPLY APPRECIATE IT, BECAUSE - TRUST ME - I'VE BEEN THERE MYSELF

THE OTHER FIRST STEP IS TO CHANGE YOUR STATE AND THE FASTEST WAY TO DO THIS IS BY CHANGING YOUR PHYSICAL BODY. EMOTION IS CREATED BY MOTION SO GET UP, STRETCH YOUR ARMS, LOOK UP TO THE SKY AND PUT ON A BIG SILLY GRIN COME ON GET UP BUT PLEASE DONT DO THIS IF YOURE READING THIS WHILE DRIVING

THE SECOND STEP IS TO ALKALIZE, SEE SO MANY PEOPLE THESE DAYS DON'T EVEN EAT ANYTHING ALIVE ANYMORE AND WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?? OF COURSE YOURE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY ENERGY ITS LIKE A CAR TRYING TO DRIVE WITH NO GAS, SO GET UP AND GET A GLASS OF WATER THEN POUR IN A TEASPOON OF ORGANIC, FRESH PURE ENERGY GREENS™ WHICH WILL HELP RETURN YOUR BLOOD AND TISSUES TO A HEALTHY PH-BALANCE

I don't. I just aimlessly browse the web until I'm too tired for suicidal thoughts and fall asleep.

>Up at 5AM every single day
>Don't get home until 7-730 daily
>Sold gaming computer parts because no time/motivation to play video games anymore
>Just have a macbook air as main computer now
>Just come home, eat, shower, then watch shitty videos on my phone before I pass out

Great life really.

Got like 50k in my bank and I don't use any of it.

>work

I take about 10 caffeine pills then stay awake for 48 hours

cocaine

>just put in my 3 weeks after cooking for 3 years

Now I have to act normal in a professional environment and hide my horrible smoking habit.

Embrace the pain, win the game faggot

are you japanese

No, American.

used to do adderall 'til I realized it messes with my heart and gives me anxiety
sometimes I'll drink caffeine but that makes me anxious too
just willpower I guess

Listen to he is right.
The best way to be able to learn/work after a long day is that that you make the stuff you want to do your habit.
So let's say you get home by 3 pm, you shower you eat and drink your coffee and you would like to relax a few hours...Don't do that! You need to start working again, and you must do this everyday so you will make it your habit.

By making it your habit you will always have energy to do it because you will get used to doing it, it will be like brushing your teeth every evening.

read it as Billy Mays

>wageslave life

sad, dumb bluepilled little peasants.

Ritalin

can confirm that going outside even if it's the simplest shit like buying a coffee or even taking out the garbage or check the mail is good. Just get out like one minute.

Good post but you didn't mention anything about friends or girlfriend.

I tried all the things you said and they work for a long time. But at the end the social isolation, lack of friends, lack of girlfriend, having to put up a facade everyday so that people can't find how lonely and depressed you are hits you like a wall of bricks. And you are back to square one, knowing more stuff and having more skills but still being an empty husk of a man, without confidence and self esteem. So even those things you accomplished loose their meaning and you start thinking you just wasted another year of your miserable life.

a great engineer is never alone
his/her work can provide greater social fulfilment then meeting or talling to a bleeding trashcan

>girlfriend

Can we be friends?

Damn guys I too am in the restaurant life, been cooking for 2 years now feel like I'll never get out.

underrated post

During summer, when it is internship time, this is the most accurate thing what comes to my mind.
I do this stuff at work, enjoy it there and relax at home.

When it is not summer, you should follow this routine. It is hard to keep up with it, I don't do this either the whole time, but definitely, this is the way to go.

One personal experience I made, when I was already 8-10 hours in the university, I can't think of anything else, so I just come home, eat and continue to work until I realize, that productiveness left me.
This, plus what I mentioned the lines above.

Basically this. Masturbation is really a bad thing. It makes you feel bad.

Exactly. It's pretty easy to manipulate your way through life. As long as you have no shame you are in for a world of fun.

god, you sound like such a fucking cocksucker

Do one thing and do it good :^)

sleep. going outside to a silent place where you can ear birds, wind, water flow (park, forest, sea/lake/river shore). relaxation. swimming.

I'm a neet, I wouldn't know.