God damn, why is the layout so fucking horrendous?

god damn, why is the layout so fucking horrendous?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/reddit/reddit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's pretty great, desu. Too bad 99,8% of the content there blows.

Because they are open source, so they can't afford to pay competent developers.

The layout is fine, the default style and the underlying html structures among a number of technical/UI details suck.
Otherwise, see but this also applies to 4chinks.

>inb4 but muh mobile
mobile device users have no say anyway

install RES and write your own CSS
layout itself is ok, not very good but not bad either

it's good imo. using res.

you guys should have stayed there

Because only shitty users will put up with shitty websites. Now go back, faggot.

>Sup Forums and reddit
>open source
Fuck off, retards.

>implying I literally wrote that
4chinks source code is effectively shit, which is known because it was leaked

because neckbears don't know shit about design. pic related look like a fucking joke.

Because people like these don't need it

It's genuinely more difficult to browse leddit than any other forum.

its pretty fine for what it is. easy to use, easy to browse, easy to click, easy to move between things. idk what you're on about.

HN's minimal design is quite nice imo
why would you need more than this for what they're trying to do here?

Also hide the sidebar with some jscript.
Care to sketch a better layout. Perhaps material?

>look at my personal page its just like my college professor's lol
i fucking hate these people

It's not just the layout the site itself is just horribly organized. The site originally only had like a handful of pages and it was probably never intended to have as many subforums as it does so it's a huge disgusting mess

>it was leaked
That's not what open source is, nigger.

my point is it is equally shit and they can't afford a designer. mayhaps.

Sup Forums has a much better design. Get the fuck out, reddit tard.

>Sup Forums has a much better design.
>defending 4chinks
spotted the newfag

>>defending 4chinks
he's just being objectve

>he thinks floating text boxes, gradients and border shadows applied to 90s style web elements and a couple of hrs are good design
more like projective
Like someone from reddit would be to cover his own plebness. He needs to go back.

HN looks perfect as it is

well i mean what else can you do? it is pretty comfy, easy on the eyes and instantly recognizable

that is the ultimate in list of who the fuck cares articles, so neetly curated with the titles and everything for maximum who the fuck caresitude

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

Reddit kinda looks okay desu

RES with dark theme/Slide for Android and you're good.

Jesus, fuck off, I come to Sup Forums to get away from you pathetic Reddit cunts, fuck off back to Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums where you belong.

>hyperlinks are the same color as regular text

fuck anyone who does this

>reddit
>admin said publicly he doesn't understand css
>thought the best way to stop subs abusing voting system was to add a special rule only for the_donald
>admin manually edits pro trump comments
>admins censor sub counts in pro trump subs

>why's the layout shit
impotence

When will we see the day when retards like you who get mad at the mention of reddit stop posting here?

I imagine that a normie who's new to Sup Forums does not use the catalog and probably does not even know how to open a thread.

Is that a female Nicolas Cage?

Exactly my first thought!

itt a bunch of fucking faggots from reddit who think that Sup Forums exists only to shit on reddit so they can be le epic oldfag

fuck all of you to death

What's the big deal?
I've done that before, caught it on the tip of my nose.

reddit is the new ebaumsworld is the new gaia

>man i sure do hate reddit
>reddit sucks so bad, Sup Forums is obv bettter
>lol why do idios even go to reddit
>i can't believe people treat reddit seriously
>fucking reddit is the worst site ever
>let's keep talking about reddit
>reddit reddit reddit reddit reddit reddit reddit

this is what insecurity looks like

btw reddit is a good website, the only people who dispute this are trumpanzee retards upset that reddit wouldn't let them fling their shit at the walls, pedo fucks scared that they might get found out, and friendless autists who need their online experience to be as toxic as their real-life experience because they literally don't know how to act otherwise

>nobody posts any good layouts

github.com/reddit/reddit

What do you want to hear from us? Why would we know any of their reasons, dispshit? Ask them.

Let me guess, you just want to start a "hurr durr reddit bad, amirire guys??" circlejerk, in which case you belong at reddit. Get lost.

See pic related.

When you fuck stop posting here. I hate seeing a formerly pleasant board be turned to shit.

How can one person be so insecure?

reddit is indisputably the best site to find communities for very niche topics

main subs /r/funny, /r/wtf/, /r/pics are obviously garbage but did you really expect anything different?

politics subs are echo chambers because that is the nature of politics. before the internet, people just had to physically assemble to form a political community, which made it harder to see "the other side". now "the other side" is just a click away. the reason /r/The_Donald got smacked down is because they were deliberately interfering with everyone else's user experience to promote their own agenda, which is annoying. newsflash idiots: reddit is not a political arbiter, they were just annoyed that a bunch of faggot frogposters were shitting up their website. at least when lefties try to spread their crap they limit it to like one thread per day

>ree normies ree

go back to /r9k/ or Sup Forums or where you call home since you migrated here from reddit yourself, pleb

Crawl back to Sup Forums

send me some hot Sup Forums exploits

>>>/gd?

Sup Forums is wrose imho. it took me 3 weeks to use the catalog. kek

The irony is that the fallout of the_donald is now that liberal shitposing has increased, all the anti donald subreddits make it to the front of polular on a daily basis.

The actual meta of reddit is fine, niche subs are not bad. when they hit a critial mass though they gentrify to the lowest common denominator of comedy in most cases, and thats when it just goes to shit.

Like always, its not that platform its the people.

>The irony is that the fallout of the_donald is now that liberal shitposing has increased
They literally had to tweak it to keep T_D down.

they were blatantly using upvote scripts being passed around on Sup Forums to upvote pictures of pepe donalds eating taco bowls.

fuck off you mouth breathing idiot

>reddit spacing
>claims without any evidence
Hello there.

How about you fuck off back to your own site?

Literally written by a 15 yo weeb. Reminder.

Just because you are mentally retarded doesn't mean the site has an issue.

I want reddit to leave us the fuck alone. That fucking site is supposed to be the front page the place all the normies stay at and yet they always fucking find their way into this fucking site because of le spoopy dark Web or whatever meme

>liberal shitposing has increased

Oh come on, you only need to browse the site for a few days to realise the Trump hate subs are botted to fuck, I refuse to believe generic as fuck articles about barely news worthy DRUMPF conspiracy theories are reaching 40'000 to 60'000 upvotes(almost every day) while every other legit, non political sub that has been on the site since it's conception struggles to get even half that, I'm even looking at normie infested shitholes like /r/gaming.

The site is clearly being abused and the site staff don't care, they really are a pathetic group of people. I've never liked Reddit, ever, it ruined Sup Forums and continues to do so, that is fact, I could at least say they were strong advocates of free speech in the past, now it's genuinely unusable.

>99,8%
/r/the_donald
/r/mensrights
/r/mgtow

>why
Reddit is optimized for people with ADHD.
Sup Forums is optimized for something else.

> complaining about any website's UI on Sup Forums

wat.webm

Reddit is great honestly. Too bad it's been filled with Sup Forumsfags and shitty memes. It's smaller communities are generally excellent.

Also if you find it difficult to use you may be legitimately retarded.

fuck off dumb idiot. they provide great sports streams. not like useless Sup Forums who dont do shit

>give a fuck about design

Sup Forums source code from donkeys years ago is not even remotely like the underlying code is today.
The whole site is a complete rewrite now.
This is why the text-boards went away too, it was the last piece of shit-tier code left from the older days.

goddess damn, why is the layout so fucking horrendous?

>/prog/ was removed just as I finally learned how to program

I'm still mad about this

I agree.

Back to r/the_cuckold

So much for the replacement ;_;
There were supposed to be new boards added in the style of /news/ to replace the lost text-boards.
But no more got added.

i almost forgot you can view Sup Forums with frames, thanks for reminding me of this useless feature

Makes sense. I remember when myspace and facebook were still competing the myspace users were more ghetto and low income in general.

it's because of fucking Sup Forums m8. all the cancerous retards from /r/thedonald or w/e are practically invited here by Sup Forums.

r/communism
r/BernieSandersforPresident

>Reddit is great honestly.
Why don't you stay there faggot

>le pol boogeyman

>this is your average poltard

Reddit is the home of the largest leftist, SJW, and liberal discussion boards on the Internet

I disagree. The content is fine but what keeps me from using that site is the terrible layout. You have to click on a post to see an image and get this, the image isn't even hosted on the website. NO! instead you follow a shitty imgur link and look at a picture of a doge like a retard while you question your existence.

it's not

reddit is shit. goes down routinely, random "404" type errors, every new feature is just a monetization attempt. i deal with it though because certain subs.

reddit sucks dick except for the small subredddits

The mods tthink thy are the sht because there only validation in life is being a subreddit mod and they make their subreddit sht

Reddit use to be good back when it was new
and u had pedo amas and other crazy sht, the onl place in the internet so have a discussion and we can all agree on that but now its nothing but propaganda

>god damn, why is the layout so fucking horrendous?

They are rebuilding their layout to be released later this year or early next year. It's all being done from scratch since apparently what's currently there is spaghetti code from like 2009.

I bet it will still suck.

Only the small subs are "good". Good luck finding them.

Posting something contrary to a circle jerk:
>Reddit
You are shadow banned and your post is hidden
>Sup Forums
Someone calls you a faggot but your post is still visible

Usernames:
>Reddit
If you are a popular poster your opinion will be treated like gold no matter what
>Sup Forums
If you post with a trip you are called out as being an attention whore

Kindly leave to your objectively worse site.

its the tree style comments. Sup Forums has tree style too but threads are in chronological order and you can hover to read replies.
on reddit comments are organized by upvotes and almost all of the useless comment chains are open by default

Nothing is wrong with it

>there only validation in life is being a subreddit mod and they make their subreddit sht

so true

And it will still be terrible because ledditors are already used to the terrible layout.

I feel like vomiting when I open more than 1 response in tree format even here in the chongs.