What the fuck happened? Why is it running so smoothly all of a sudden? Also, the new compact themes are nice

What the fuck happened? Why is it running so smoothly all of a sudden? Also, the new compact themes are nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum
cryptowat.ch/okcoin/btcusd-quarterly-futures/3m
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation
rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html
chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/ /master/styleguide/gender_neutral_code.md
youtube.com/watch?v=jXhXDzyRH_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quantum Compositor

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum

More quantam features in upcoming versions

>Why is it running so smoothly all of a sudden?

Because they disabled like 75% of addons without telling people.

That's not until Firefox 57. Regular release is still on 53.

Is the improvement only on PC? Or on android too?

It's smooth because I went back to 51 because the MIME isn't fucked up there with WEBM content like it is on 52 an 53.

Still runs poorly for me. But I also have 28 addons loaded.

>Because they disabled like 75% of addons without telling people.
You had 5 years. Fuck off.

I just realized when they actually disable the add-ons we're gonna have retards complaining they weren't told about it. It's gonna be so much fun.

>can't really tell if FF is faster
>because I disabled a lot of the new features because botnets.
I guess the web is really over...

extensions.allow-non-mpc-extensions

Turn them back on fuccboi

Not falling for it, shill.

>Still no vertical tabs option without add-ons.

What's going on with this? Only normalshits use horizontal tabs.

>shill.
>When software is FOSS
Yeah, nobody cares if you're using botnet browser.

yeah, we get pocket integrated but not tab center yet?
also waiting on pocket getting open sourced, started after the announcement.

5.3 if they were using a sane numbering scheme instead of this HURR DURR WHOLE NUMBERS IS MEANINGFUL bullshit.

Semver or fuck off. And double fuck Chrome for starting this trend.

This isn't how semantic versioning works

>autisms

It's not running smoothly, not even close. It's still horribly slow.

>The Quantum Compositor moves Gecko’s compositor into its own process.

oh "process". Not processes. Still going to be single threaded garbage, still won't handle two browser windows open at the same time.

What a joke.

Here's something to try:
Open a browser window with
and another browser window with:

That site is very javascript-intensive and uses websockets to constantly pull data. It's totally fine in chromium. It's too slow to use that in Firefox with one window open, having two windows with that site open side by side in Firefox is so horribly slow it's not even remotely usable. Doesn't matter how good CPU or GPU you have, it's a disaster.

Chromium is simply way faster than Firefox and the gap becomes a lot bigger if you run most of it off the GPU - something Firefox can't.

What annoys me most about Firefox - which is why I don't use it anymore - is it's single-thread-for-everything design. One browser tab or window can crawl all other tabs and windows to a halt. This was fine in 1999 when everyone had a single core CPU but the world's changed a bit since then.

Intel fanboys are totally right when they say "single core performance matters" in the case of Firefox (for just about everything else they are wrong).

whats a vertical tab

I bought into the e10s hype. I was disappointed like usual. Never going back even if they rebuild it from the ground up.

>people complaining about their web browser being slow

have you tried not using hardware from a decade ago and not using low-end budget hardware?

What add-on do you use for this?

I want to middle-click tabs that open but don't load (like when restoring a previous browser session).
Is this possible?

jesus christ what kind of fucked up websites are you guys visiting that make you think open gl 4.0, an eight-core processor, 32 gigs of ram and full support for your hot-as-saudia-arabia-sands graphics card are necessary for surfing the net?

Liar. Firefox (nightly) works fine with this website.

And I switched from Firefox to Safari because the first one was too slow. I'm going to switch back now.

t. shill

FOSS doesn't automatically mean the software is good

Its not running smoother for shit for me. What gives?

Try nightly.

Is this about nightly? OP had firefox stable as icon.

I don't know about stock Firefox, but this week actually had the first Icecat update in a long time that didn't leave me really angry.

Not his point. You can't be a shill for FOSS software.

>2017
>using SocialJusticeDIECISSSIESCUMfox

Sasuga, user-kun.

mozillafags have skin in the game

WHY DOES Sup Forums X KEEP BREAKING?

mozilla gains nothing from you using firefox. google on the other hand...

yes they do, firefox is their main product, they're running a """"non-profit"""" AND a corporation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation

fuck off retard

Edge is better

edge is shit. it had a bug on newegg where I couldn't even scroll with any method. you can tell it's a bunch of hacked pajeet spaghettti code

Works on my machine

not optimally

yes it does

I just updated to the latest Nightly build and this is definitely the fastest any channel of Firefox has been for me in the past year at least.

no it doesn't

>no u
Basically the automatic response of every SJWzilla drone.

No idea what you're talking about, works fine in cyberfox famalam.

>eats more cpu
>fast as previous version

clean the cookies+cache

>I use Chrome because of Google's strong anti-SJW stance

The irony between your pic and your comment is seriously concerning.

mozilla is worse

rust-lang.org/en-US/conduct.html

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem

FF52 here

whats the status on firefox cucking every user by fetching binary of a site instead of regular code?

nightly has multiple processes for a long time, just use the settings if it's not too hard for you

>fetching binary of a site instead of regular code
explain

SJW who?
chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/ /master/styleguide/gender_neutral_code.md

i recall reading somewhere that mozilla plans to implement it to speed up browsing and such
but it will also render browser ad blockers useless
maybe it was related to webassembly

is it really

seriously?? is everyone cucked these days? I'm beginning to understand why the US voted for trump

techfags are gay as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=jXhXDzyRH_A

Can you get a more recent pic?

gay != gender confused

At lest gay guys know they're men

Just popped 5 instances of site on top of whatever was running at the time, CPU usage doesn't get past 20%. i3 Sandy Bridge here, is your browsing hardware a potato perchance?

I don't like SJW.

I tried Firefox for a while more. The webpages are faster, but the CPU usage stays at ~3% when it is not focused. So it still wastes my battery, so I switched back to Safari for the time being.

I have some weird shit happen with Sup Forums x after updating FF stable today. Anyone else?

Sage fuck off op you marketer shill

Vertical tabs is a Firefox Test Pilot experiment to put the browser's tabs on the left margin, which offers better use of screen real estate. The downside is usability - most people have gotten used to having the tabs on the top.

Also, , the addon's source is on GitHub. Don't like it, do something with the code, retard.

what about opera?

>which offers better use of screen real estate
when will landscape orientation fags learn

I LOVE NEW DARK THEME! FUCKING FINALLY.

>not Sup Forums

Because most people don't have their monitors in portrait. That, and using a laptop in portrait is the definition of retardation, unless it is docked etc.

>mozilla.org still only talks about Firefox 3 sections down on the page

Still fucking shooting yourselves in the foot I see. Every time you fucking shills come in here, I tell you the same damn thing - if you had to work in a real company, you'd have been fired already for coming up with multiple designs that all fuck everything up in the same way. You have a fucking product. You have to sell people on using the fucking product. Why the fuck isn't your website focused on selling the fucking product?

Every one of you is a useless fucking piece of shit.

Pretty smooth actually for my right now fucked up system

I've been using the tab center add-on (which gives you vertical tabs) for a while. it didn't took long to get used to it. and what I really like is, that besides real estate you can easily see a lot more tabs at once. without losing information (titles becoming shorter and shorter)

enjoy your 15" monitors

>use 3 portrait oriented monitors next to each other
>to still create an illusion of one landscape screen
>instead of getting one big landscape oriented monitor which would achieve the same and not have black bars in between screens

Left click stopped working when it opens a new tab. If I click a link that opens in a new tab it opens an empty tab. Need to middle click for it to actually work.
Fucking Nightly keeps breaking shit.

it's for productivity, not for gaming or watching animu, and the screens can be angled toward you, a huge 8k screen barely even exists (tvs maybe? i haven't kept up with it) and it would still be terrible because the sides would be angled away from you

Nightly is only for retards or people that want to help mozilla.

And street-shitters.

I don't really have a problem with this particular example. There are more important things to worry about.

go back to Sup Forums and die

>have something of 40-80 tabs using tree style tabs.
>starting Firefox from ssd takes up to 10 seconds even though it only loads the active tab
>rage every time

can someone tell me why ublock origin works in nightly but noscript and ublock matrix don't? the addon enables fine but no icon appears

Any extensions I should look into actually using for FF?

Decentraleyes and ublock origin
Hide Caption Titlebar Plus if you are on Linux

Another bullshitter hitting on FF.

Just opened the site in 2 separate windows as you asked and it runs butter-smooth. I don't see any frame drops. You probably don't even have e10s enabled.

>28 addons loaded
Holy fucking shit. Nothing will be smooth with 28 addons running.

Quantum + Electrolysis (e10s) just hit you probably.

Already got those two. Anything else?

To invest back into their projects. It's run as for profit but it doesn't really pays anyone other than their employees.

>The Mozilla Foundation will ultimately control the activities of the Mozilla Corporation and will retain its 100 percent ownership of the new subsidiary. Any profits made by the Mozilla Corporation will be invested back into the Mozilla project. There will be no shareholders, no stock options will be issued and no dividends will be paid. The Mozilla Corporation will not be floating on the stock market and it will be impossible for any company to take over or buy a stake in the subsidiary. The Mozilla Foundation will continue to own the Mozilla trademarks and other intellectual property and will license them to the Mozilla Corporation. The Foundation will also continue to govern the source code repository and control who is allowed to check in.

yeah so you have employees on six figure and seven figure salaries (relatively normal in the bay area) plus incentives and benefits especially for the executives. "non-profit" is a bit of a misnomer.

You said it, relatively normal in the bay area. If you wanna keep your company on the game you need that people and you need to pay them to stay.
Whether their doing a good job at it is a completely different matter.
They corporation is for-profit, they just spend them with a different mindset, unlike, say Google or Opera.

Cookie monster.

I meant that they don't show it next to the installed addons anymore. Calm your self.