cd..
ls..
cd..
ls..
cd..
cd..

Who dat

>ls..
I don't think you actually understand what was going on there, much less why that photo was so funny.

a pretty girl (male)
yeah user you're the linux commands expert here now chill out lol
>rust coder

Underrated post. We need to spread this meme so more people can understand the epic reference

>that backfocus

I love the idea of npm and package management. It's kind of like any package manager for linux but specifically for source code, allowing you to quickly add in libraries or code directly in a more modular manner than fat dlls or libs.

>scriptfag
>calls self programmer

>animeposter
>calls himself straight

I don't understand the hate for node.js? Is it a fad? I'm graduating next semester and the money it provides for entry level looks good ;_;

>comes to anime website
>complains about anime

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with her code? I did a class on C what seems like 500 years ago, so the explanation can be slightly technical.

>bokeh

>s(he) thinks im bothered by the anime and not just mocking (he)r about the flamboyant homosexual behavior
it's because innocent inexperienced children like you are able to make 1GB ram consuming cpu firehousing websites with it

Then can you recommend me a career path that doesn't create 1GB ram consuming cpu firehousing websites, but still give me that node cash.

All of these JavaScript flavors are just bloat for Web X.0. For your peers in particular, they create the illusion of knowing what you're doing when all you've done is leverage the work of others via npm. I worry that it's one big bubble which has huge technological and economic ramifications.

Take what you can get but don't fool yourself into complacency.

There is no code in that zoomed in part of that image. It's just her repeatedly changing directory and getting several of the trivial commands wrong.

you can go into IoT (which is booming right now), system administration, Go, embedded programming, Erlang / COBOL / FORTRAN (which pay huge because of low amount of coders), pentesting, just look and you shall find.

"Her code" is actually a feeble set of attempts to find the code directory. She keeps using the wrong syntax to move up one directory (cd ..) and then lists the directory contents (ls), only to realize that she's still lost.

Everyone could code every node package, but why should everyone do that?

>IoT
>not a stupid meme
How dumb are you?

front end guys are not engineers

aaayyy lmao

Are the light blue lines the "kode" shes typed? Are the more pictures like this from her instagram?

>node.js is frontend
user, c'mon mate you should try and know something about programming.

>implying i said IoT isn't a dumb meme
not dumb enough to fail at comprehending a reply it seems

C#, SQL.

Leave the npm disaster for the pajeets to fuck with.

No. That's just her shell prompt. It says what her current working directory is.

>Everyone could code every node package
If you mean to say "every node package could be coded from scratch in each implementation," I agree. Obviously that would be inefficient if it had to be done every time. But if you mean that everyone who uses Node actually knows how to replicate those package functionalities by hand? I don't know if the Sup Forums character limit could contain the length of my laughter.

>why should everyone do that?
What everyone should do is learn how to do stuff rather than simply implement the work of others. I liken it to a baker who only knows how to use supermarket cake mixes.

what is the proper syntax to move up one directory?

not him, but on the mac in the pic it'd be

cd -

hell, I thought it was all the same on a Mac

>But if you mean that everyone who uses Node actually knows how to replicate those package functionalities by hand?
Obviously not everyone because the community is fucking huge and includes retards like you. This same issue occurs in C and C++, it's just in the form of copy pasting from stack exchange.

>What everyone should do is learn how to do stuff rather than simply implement the work of others. I liken it to a baker who only knows how to use supermarket cake mixes.
The ones who matter can but they still don't.

>Sup Forums NEETs

Yah I know there was a mistake in the code senpai, I never fully got into programming, the only language I know is R.

The nerve I hit must have been right inside your asshole, which is clearly tight like a vice after realizing how worthless npm-kiddies are.

>The ones who matter
That's pretty much the point. Most Snowflake.js "developers" don't matter.

>FORTRAN
Literally never seen a paying position for it

t. computational chemist

>tfw enrolled in an IoT-related master's program
It's pretty much a subset of computer engineering. Electronics + low-level programming.

dont expect people on Sup Forums to understand anything about jobs or computers.

Oh there is code:

def concatenate_strings(string1,string2)
"#{string1} #{string2}"
end

concatenate_strings("hello","world")

I think you mean that her blouse is on focus, whilst her face isn't. Who cares about dumb >muh bukeh
Whoever took that picture is a fucking idiot

So is the "kode" correct? What is she trying to do exactly?

probably taken at f1.8 for muh bokeh

>1gb ram
I dont u realize how little ram js uses n why its use for wevsites,

>its another Sup Forums cant code and are virgins n r still spitting out the same js sucks meme they did from years ago when it did suck which proves they are nothing more then copy pasta cucks episode.

It's correct, but extremely basic and pointless. Writing a program that prints "hello world" is the canonical toy example for any programming language. That is all she is doing but there is no reason to define a function concatenate_strings to do that.

I was thinking the same. Wouldn't a printf command do the same shit?

I doubt any of us would be able to even read the complex algorithms she's written in crazy_strings.rb

>>calls himself straight
>implying anyone said that

She doesn't even have a print statement in the segment she's showing. The problem is that her concatenate string function just uses the built in string formatting functionality which you can just use directly with fewer characters (concatenate_strings("hello","world") vs. "#{"hello"} #{"world"}"), not to mention the fact that there's no reason to do this with a static, predefined string (she should just use "hello world" directly). If she was writing string concatenate in C where you have to do memory management yourself, then at least it would be more interesting. As it is she's demonstrating that she really is just a meme coder (pretending to be a coder to increase her chances of finding a billionaire coder husband like with everything that women do).

So running her program will not even display "hello world"? Shes essentially just storing the string in the memory?

>arguing over what language gives you the most nerd points, when it's really just about which one will pay your bills

Yes, basically. But I wouldn't say that's the biggest problem. She can easily fix that by adding a print statement. The bigger problem is she doesn't understand that the string concatenate function she wrote is unnecessary/redundant in Ruby.

So basically the concatenate command should be used to link two or more outputs from different programs or functions?

In her case, shes just linking two smaller strings to make a larger string when she could just print the larger string?

It's even worse. Concatenate is BUILT IN and she is reimplementing concatenate using the BUILT IN concatenate. If a man was showing that off he would be rightly ridiculed and would be fired for incompetence.

Have you looked at his repos? Nearly all of them are crap. Almost every commit is just a few lines of text or code. He's a fucking joke.

She's disgusting to even look at.

kek, what even.

At least she can't be fired since she doesn't work as a programmer.

more like HolowayKEK XD XD XD

He's not a node dev anymore, that guy is a Go shill now. I guess Node is not on the hype train anymore, so he switched to the latest meme.

medium.com/@tjholowaychuk/farewell-node-js-4ba9e7f3e52b

Expect a switch to the next meme next year, Crystal.

These ppl are just language hipsters, they don't really like any language. They just adopt the latest hyped meme.

cd ..

That moves to the previous directory.

>Expect a switch to the next meme next year, Crystal.
Except Crystal is actually well made, unlike golang or JS.

A JS thread huh? Glad to see one because I have a quick question. How do I left-pad a string in JS? Thanks!

id code her, if you know what oh fucking hell everyone knows what im trying to say

This

What did he mean by this?

>unlike golang
name 7 reasons it's bad

google doesn't even use it

> muh 5 hour compile times

if you hate on Ukrainians you must be a Russian spy

>doesnt know what defines a programming language.
please leave faggot

>web development
A million and one ways to shit out markup

I don't know what cancer you are doing but it compiles pretty fast on my machine. Compiler startup is kind of slow, though.

Pretty sure that's done muchwhere else. But since it's you... it basically boils down to
>1.-7.: Assumes all programmers are dum-dums.

Which is a valid assumption for Google to make since Google apparently grabs university freshmen with inane filtering processes. But that doesn't leave me with a reason to use it.

Then again, some people argue it's too late for fixing golang.

Tj Holocuck is doing Go nowadays.