My business trip to Spain went well. 99% of dialogues went like this

My business trip to Spain went well. 99% of dialogues went like this.

>Hola
>s:Hola
>Habla inglés?
>s:No
Virtually nobody speaks English in Spain.

Information centre:
>Hola - Hello
>H-hola
>Do you speak English?
>Que? Aaah, English? No, no. Yo no hablo inglés.
For fuck sake they don't even speak English in some tourist information centres.

Nobody in restaurants, bars, American fast-foods or almost anywhere. Not young people. Not even students.

Only some people at the airport. They're not required to be able to speak English even on the airport!

One of four of our receptionists.

And many people that turned out to be former foreigners or tourists.

Then we met a young Spanish guy in one restaurant. He told us that usually they have ten or more years of mandatory English lessons in their school system. But nobody bothers to learn English.

Just for fun I also tried French and German.To no avail. Surprisingly.

I communicated in Spanish thanks to the translation service of Google only with some minor issues. But all that was a huge lesson about Spanish culture for me.

Spanish business partner couldn't keep to the terms. We promptly tried another one. And he failed too.

I couldn't understand how such a lazy shithole can live so comfortably and how it successfully pretends to be a First World country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWbcUht5obE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>andere landen moeten mijn taal leren
t. eeuwige anglo

english is only usefull if you work in international finance. Since everything is dubbed, people forget about their years of english lessons in school.

people don't speak english, people speak american user.

> unironically entering a business partnership with Spaniards

lel, ask Panama or Saudi Arabia what happens when you trust Spanish """businessmen"""

Just learn spanish, like every other countrie learns english. Lazy moaning fuck.

>w-we don't wanna learn english!!!11!

Barbarians. English is the language of the world. Learn it or perish.

>Not pretending youre a rich Muricunt.
Shit was cash.

Did you cry about it like the big fat anglo scum faggot you are OP ?

As I said there is no real use and people don't care about useless things

>goes to a foreing country
>expect people to know YOUR language
such is the life of an anglo

Yeah that's pretty much how it works here as well. No one bothers learning english because they are not gonna need it since most italians plan to remain in italy for the rest of their lives. You're gonna have way better luck in nordic countries where most television content is subbed and not dubbed. That's probably one of the biggest factors of the english capabilities of a country.

Our english educational system is awful, that's why I practise on Sup Forums kek

>Yet another britbong expects English in Spain

This. English is the official language for speaking between foreigners. If you can't speak english in 2016 you're digging your own grave.

a steam friend of mine went through the same thing, but he said he felt that they knew he was english and they just didn't want to speak to him, not that they don't understand english

pero yo puedo hablar espanol

>dumb and stubborn Spaniards can't even learn a second language
What else did you expect?

Why speak english to anglos when they will give you a 20% tip anyway?

HUAHUE

>no real use
how about being able to communicate like normal human beings you fucking ape

is true, desu....lel.

>all these butthurt frenchies

>all these amused frenchies
fyp

You speak english with your family, friends and the people around you?

I speak english when I travel dipshit.

How well do people speak english in portugal ?

and once again the anglo is projecting

>que pasa
>donde es el bano
>un cerveza por favor
>mi nobre es George
>donde es tu madre's casa
this is all you need to know

Necesitas hablar la lengua local cuando visitas otros países, gringo británico
Ademas, español no es tan difícil

>it's a minority wants the majority to do what he does episode

Vete a tomar por culo a la perfida albion, pakistani de mierda

british people never tip

this. use google translate and read, fucking pirate

>necessary speak the language when visiting foreigner British Spanish is not difficult
Fuck I love winging it

>Go to Spain.
>The people speak in spanish.
>Get he rages
AYYYYYYYYYY OP YOU ARE A RETARD.

foreign languages are overrated. Just learn miming to communicate with foreigners lmao

all well and good reading a few sentences but spanish people speak too fucking fast.

It's much more fun when you don't really know their language and they don't really know yours and your conversation is mixed. :)

EL PIRATA

I have to tell mexifriends to slow down too.

You're just saying that because France is famous for it's mimes

tell that to chileans

France is famous for A fucking mime. there are no mimes here.

>it's

This board is full of French mines but they just never say anything

Disfrutemos señores

>british people speaking spanish

youtube.com/watch?v=xWbcUht5obE

The vast majority of people have at least a basic grasp of English.
Everyone has between 4 and 12 years of English in school.
Plus the only movies or shows that are dubbed are those targeted at kids who are too young to read, so after a certain age you start picking up some vocabulary from them.

Cerveza is a female noun, so it's
>una cerveza por favor

fuck off paki its not your cunt

better than me 2bh.

That is queer, many people here speak english.

kek

It's not so much that you are going to Spain without knowing the language. People go to Spain without knowing either Spanish or English all the time. And they hire a guide, or a translator, and get along fine, because they aren't complete failures.

It's that you are going to a foreign country to do business, and that you are too incompetent to even communicate with the receptionist.

Shopuld you had gone to Madrid it would have been otherwise.

English is literally the third most spoken language behind Chinese and Spanish.

From experience it's also the International language used across every single field of science.

You're actually the minority. You're actually digging your own grave.

First things first, would you like it if I called your living place a shithole? Maybe you would.

Secondly, Spain is First World Country.

jesus stop exposing your low intellect.

kek. With that French you have you're set to visit Africa and Quebec. What a wonderful, prosperous life you'll lead.

>I don't understand, nobody speaks my fucking language in another country, fucking spaniards ree

get out of Gibraltar, Albion

If they don't speak my language I speak English with them.

>come to spain
>spaniards speak spanish
>fucking spaniards.

top lel.

You really aren't smart. To explain that everybody should speak english you're telling that it is the language of science. I didn't know the majority of people worked in science.

Spaniards are lazy to learn other languages same for frogs especially english the language of their long time historical enemies. You should've learned more spanish before going there and don't expect for more influential your language may be to others to know it.
In my country not all but some handle english pretty well at least better than spaniards, mostly because of the english invasion we have everytime sun shines.

you are full of shit nigger. i have to call spain every day for work and they understand my english perfectly. i don't think i was so lucky to find the only english-speaking beaners on the planet.
also spanish is more spoken worldwide than english. why should they learn your shit language?

>i have to call spain every day

I mean, my point more is that anyone in an academic field wanting to publish their work must provide an English transcript. This translates into other professions that don't involve being an unemployed parisian artist.

It also tends to be the intermediate language spoken in the world. Like it or not, it's now the international language.

I mean look, you're speaking English right now.

muchas gracias mi amigo
I will hit lvl 2 spanglish any day now.

>My business trip to UK went well. 99% of dialogues went like this.
>Hi
>s:Hi
>Do you speak Spanish?
>s:No
>Virtually nobody speaks Spanish in UK.
>Information centre:
>Hello - Hola
>H-hi
>¿Habla usted castellano?
>What? Aaah, Spanish? No, no. I dont speak Spanish.
>For fuck sake they don't even speak Spanish in some tourist information centres.
>Nobody in restaurants, bars, American fast-foods or almost anywhere. Not young people. Not even students.
>Only some people at the airport. They're not required to be able to speak Spanish even on the airport!
>One of four of our receptionists.
>And many people that turned out to be former foreigners or tourists.
>Then we met a young English guy in one restaurant. He told us that usually they have ten or more years of mandatory Spanish lessons in their school system. But nobody bothers to learn Spanish.
>Just for fun I also tried French and German.To no avail. Surprisingly.
>I communicated in English thanks to the translation service of Google only with some minor issues. But all that was a huge lesson about English culture for me.
>English business partner couldn't keep to the terms. We promptly tried another one. And he failed too.
>I couldn't understand how such a lazy shithole can live so comfortably and how it successfully pretends to be a First World country.

This may surprise you.
But other countries do publish stuff too!
In their own languages!

You could have screamed what you wanted (in english obviously) until you get what you needed, like a good anglo

And guess what! If it's of any worth it gets translated to English and published in an internationally recognised journal!

I'm not talking about novels here.

>academic field wanting to publish their work

only concerns a minority of people, and hell they certainly have translators in their teams.

Cool thing that there are internationally works in various languages.
Man, you dont even know that you can find works in different languages in the same book.

>only concerns a minority of people
Well, no. Students need to use those journals too. People who use that research need to speak English - from chemical engineering to drug development.

And whilst they do have translators, they're usually contracted only to publish the paper. They're not a permanent fixture of a research group - those researchers have to use English.

You also glossed over the fact that English is still used as the intermediate language much in the same way French used to. It's as much a utility as anything else - it pays to speak it.

I'm not talking about books you mong. I'm talking about J.o.u.r.n.a.l.s.

>Students need to use those journals too.

students who learn high level of science are a minority yet again.

now shut the fuck up and admit that learning foreign languages is useless for the common man

Come on man there are thousands of people studying undergrad tertiary science at my university alone.

Not to mention other courses that require international data and communication. We live in a global society froggy.

The only people it doesn't concern are blue collar workers who'll never escape their shithole town.

We bother with business and complicated stuff when you have sunshine and pretty ladies? Why don't you ask the 4 million of unemployed Spaniards?

Should have gone to gibraltar

Still, those who need to learn foreign languages for their work are a minority.

we'll have instant translator devices before most people can master a foreign language anyway

This. We are good at stealing fucking and stabbing. Go away.

>that one retarded australian with the anglo shilling

just fuck off you dumb wog

>a copypasta thread got this many replies.
Lads...

> implying I'm a deigo

Did they put you in a collar as well after Triannon, or were you always a cuck?

>official

You don't seem to know what that word means.

Exact opposite here. Koreans all speak English. Its fucking weird. My year of Korean class before I came out here is completely nullified. Its ok though. Korean grills dig it when you can speak their native tongue.

>so buttmad he uses millennia old pasta

>donde es tu madre's casa
holy shit what a stupid guy