GPD WIN

Can we have a GPD Win thread?

I think it looks like a comfy device, but I'm afraid I have too little time and would not play games on it that often

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmqUu2_RNmXOivihTxoFqpGzm1I_Tnv3kySYAHhukGw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That keyboard, ew...

I'd hope for a second generation device with clickable L3 & R3, better buttons, slight specs bump if possible, and maybe a slightly larger screen if they can squeeze a 6-6.2" in there

Okay, for real, what can you get away with playing on there. Most reviews/tests i see are useless because they are trying to play battlefield 4 or something equally retarded to try on an atom.

Lets say 30fps stable as a target.

But why? If you needed something that small just get a tablet or any smartphone, anything that actually needs windows will run pretty crappy on it. Unless you want it for teh cool factor.

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas on medium/low with Tale of Two wastelands (adds fallout 3 to NV) installed and I get anywhere from 25-50fps depending on where I am and whats going on.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmqUu2_RNmXOivihTxoFqpGzm1I_Tnv3kySYAHhukGw/edit?usp=sharing

Anything

why couldn't those ching chongs have put a little bit of effort into making it look nice?

If Dark Souls 2 vanilla can run 60fps stable on my T420 at 800x480, it can run on this 60fps at 800x480 too.

All it is, is a rehash of old oQo designs

I've been running FNV and The Long Dark on mine, they work great. I can't seem to get Dark Souls 1 to run above a stuttering 15-20fps though, any tips?
Also check out the Smach Z Pro if you want a GPD Win type device with better specs

If it dips below 200 quid I'll get one. I've played a few games on Atom tablets and they can be surprising capable

new vegas?
what settings?

I play low settings with far character render so I'm not limited to fighting up close. It's noticeably smooth though, frame stuttering is extremely rare for me so you might be able to bump the settings up with some optimising mods.
I've also ran:
CS:S
Darksiders Warmastered
The Witcher Enhanced
Torchlight II
Stardew Valley
Civ 5
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Path of Exile
Fallout 1+2
Oblivion
Morrowind
Minecraft
I wouldn't play some of those without an external mouse (Civ 5 actually works pretty good with a stylus on the touch screen) but they all ran fine without any effort.

a tablet doesn't have a built-in controller

UMPC has more ports than the new macbook pro lol

GPD Win seems like a decent idea implemented poorly with hardware and software that's not ready yet for a price that's too high.

When I can get a similar device running a proper GNU/Linux based OS designed to be used with a gamepad running on an AMD supplied SOC in the sub $200 price range then it will be an idea whose time has arrived.

Leave Blighttown

Only got it recently, so far tried a few titles at native resolution.
Mostly play RPGs and indies on it so far, yet to install emulators on it until I get a 128GB SD Card since I've filled it up to the brim. Just don't expect it to play recent AAA titles at lowest settings smoothly.
Steam in home streaming from desktop PC worked better than I expected with a few glitches every now and then because I am not using Ethernet on host.
Screen's quality is better than I expected as well, I use it to stream video from my network drive at 720.

Some issues I have with the design however are as follows:
>R1 button a bit loose, hit and miss to click
>L3/R3 not situated on the thumb sticks themselves
>Unit is fairly heavy
>Edges of the case dig into your palms, heavy weight makes it even worse when holding upright with screen fully open
>Keyboard is useable but cramped. Could have been spaced out some more.
>Limited to 1 mSD Card slot, using even the smallest of USB sticks for storage would reduce portabilty and make it harder to slide in pocket. 2 SD expansion slots would have been ideal.
I dig the UMPC form factor, hope to see more of this kind of device.

Tablets do win price/performance wise, but the whole point is the built in controller and physical keyboard and of course being able to fit the device in your pocket.

Well sub 200 is far off, and AMD SOC is out of the question until SmachZ is released.
Dragonbox pyra in pic related runs on GNU/Linux but will cost an ARM and leg for potato specs. I dig their design far more than the GPD though.