Why does AMD stock keep plummeting? Ryzen isnt making a big enough dent in cpu market share...

Why does AMD stock keep plummeting? Ryzen isnt making a big enough dent in cpu market share? Vega will probably turn out to be a complete flop like the RX480 did. RX580 is barely better then the 1060Gtx FTW. AMDrones on suicide watch again?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/nvidia/production-process-details-stolen
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/05/06/geforce-gtx-1080/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's called a market correction and if you want anything more than crying wojaks and retarded benchmarks as a response you should be posting this in /biz/

because you're just a retarded fanboy and you don't even know what you're doing

AMD projected lower sales than investors wanted to see for Q2. People have been saying AMD is overvalued for several months now, so when AMD's projections were lower than what people wanted to see they sold off their stock. Kinda what this guy said.

this is literally the only site pitching Ryzen

really makes you think

It's a correction just like when nvda was shot down from the $120 range to upper 90 to mid 100. If they keep things going for a long term, then they have a positive future. Ryzen wasn't AMDs future. Ryzen was AMDs last jump on the springboard to a better future.

t. Not worried about AMDs long term currently.

I don't get what you mean by "Ryzen wasn't AMD's future".
Ryzen is a brand name that will also be used for future improvements to Zen.
Pinnacle Ridge next year, for example.

Cuz investors listened to the Ryzen overhype, and bought into the stocks only to be disappointed and now they're abandoning ship.

Ryzen "disappointed" investors because it only beats Intel most of the time.

I believe he meant the current iteration is not meant to thrust them into a significantly better position. Zen acts to lay new foundation they can build upon. Amd still has to grow and improve in many areas, afterall it doesn't matter how good their product is if they can't support it and actually sell it. If anything, the road ahead only gets more treacherous for amd from this point forward.

I don't think Ryzen is a good option for someone that isn't already in the market.

I have a 6600K @ 5.0Ghz and quite frankly, Ryzen is a less redundant upgrade path for me then an i7 is. 90% of the population have no real need for an i7, but Ryzen does offer a more practical approach to every day use.

It's certainly an enthusiast product, not a consumer product.

that just proves how short-sighted those investors are. ryzen is more or less a public beta test, amd hasn't even released chips for the bigger markets yet (raven ridge, naples).

Well, their previous position was the Bulldozer architecture. The current Zen already has put them in a much better position than that.

Because Vega is literally one year late.

pcgamesn.com/nvidia/production-process-details-stolen

Because there's going to be half price chinkshit clones of all their cards in a year or so.

Ryzen isn't AMD's future, it's AMD's right now

Summit Ridge is right now. Ryzen is a brand name that will also be used for future improvements to Zen, including Pinnacle Ridge.

They're taking their time with the 1 ccx chips like RR, I wonder if there's a surprise in there on the performance side, maybe tweaked process allowing higher max clocks?

that and their estimates of average margin falling slightly, cunts obsessing over how high those are in tech

guess they're expecting a ryzen repeat with vega - competitive but still want to sell cheaper to try and win back some market share

>RX 480
>flop

Explain

Shilling thinly veiled as interest in stock market.

it's mainly a production test of their new shit anyway, they'll make more from selling it in servers and laptops than from all the fx series waitfags

At what price did you get in?

>implying the stock market isn't just a pump n dump scheme to make quick bucks.

At that rate I'd say he jumped in around $6-$7, could have been just around where AMD brokered that deal with a chinese firm for a large number of semicustom server chips.

It's natral for shit to go down the loo.

delusions of grandeur

that is AMD's problem, not something you should be bothered at because you lack understanding on how the stock market works, just buy the damn thing if you want it

It's technically a flop.
Was advertised as a 200 dollar card that would deliver "next-gen" performance and premium VR ready plus more.

They touted it as bring premium VR to the masses, while in reality, it barely met the VR spec.

Minimum VR spec was the GTX 970 and the RX 480 is barely faster than that.

Bullshit.

Which part? The part where both the Rift and Vive started out with GTX 970s as minimum specs or the RX480 barely beating the 970s on average?

Maybe people don't feel like they need a next generation CPU.

AMD is just completely retarded

Their actual business fundamentals have been awful for a decade and nothing has changed with the Ryzen launch

AMD stock was propped up by thousands of online shills for a while now, but the mask is starting to drop, people see them for what they really are

RX 480 is doing awful

It's #26 on steam stats, while the 1060 is #4

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

>pcgamesn.com/nvidia/production-process-details-stolen
AMD has pretty much stopped using TSMC anyway, I'm pretty sure all their new cards are from GloFo.

barely beating the 970 for $200?

i see nothing wrong with that except for idiots reading too much into the marketing and rumours, as usual

it's a great budget card but everyone screeched about how it's not a $200 gtx1080

It was in the high 200s when it first came out, AMD didn't keep them in stock, and vendors dropped prices for the 970.

It's hard to find a tech site that isn't praising Ryzen, if you looked outside your little bubble you'd see a ton of reccomendations for the R5 series. The only ones not reccomending it are retard shillholes like Tomscuckware. This board is full of shills and trolls, and they're mostly on Intel's side.

Never gonna buy AMD shit again.
>abandoned driver updates for Linux after a year
>performance of open source drivers is 4 times worse

Fuck them, they're incompetent.

The 390 is faster in some games, the 480 is a turd who draw too much power vs the 1060....

Why would it make you happy to see amd doing badly?

If you love AMD it just means that you get one last firesale before switching to intel.
But if you like intel you can be sure past behavior shows they'll charge you the absolute maximum the market will tolerate and will get slow and sloppy with their engineering.

Ok buddy enjoy paying more for less.

You praise Ryzen all you want but the market and AMD stock says otherwise.

Companies, schools, government agencies are still going to lap up Intel, they bulk order systems hundreds to thousands at a time, and they are going to buy them from big brands like Dell, HP, Lenovo and other shit.

They aren't going to buy parts to throw together, troubleshoot and bother with fucking BIOS updates and teething issues.

Not seeing very many Ryzen prebuilts in the OEM catalogs. Intel simply can move much more units than AMD could ever hope for. This is what happens when you sell your fucking FABS which are the foundation of your products.

>You praise Ryzen all you want but the market and AMD stock says otherwise.

Intel fabs are bleeding money, and half are used by Micron anyway. And OEM products like fucking Raven Ridge are not ever released you cumguzzling retard.

It's a 140 dollar "turd" that maxes out most games currently. I know that some people like games more than me but I'm ok with the idea that my card might not max out most games in a couple years. I can upgrade later.

Buying tech beyond the pricing sweet spot when you know it will rapidly lose value is silly.

Guess people weren't impressed with Q1 earnings. But Ryzen, Vega, and 7700k housefires might change that this quarter.

>They aren't going to buy parts to throw together, troubleshoot and bother with fucking BIOS updates and teething issues
You probably can't be this fucking retarded.

>Companies, schools, government agencies are still going to lap up Intel, they bulk order systems hundreds to thousands at a time, and they are going to buy them from big brands like Dell, HP, Lenovo and other shit.

You can get an AMD dell server. They're sort of popular for running web services. You don't need good per-thread performance to run an instance of a webservice in a docker container. You probably want to run lots of them though. Amd was good for that.

>Thinking that Raven Ridge APUs are going to change jack shit in the bulk industry.

Intel fabs are what enables Intel to be not reliant on third parties and waiting for them to get their shit together for Die shrinks.

I don't understand ATI/AMD
The only thing holding back their GPUs is drivers.
They've never had a truly bad GPU unlike Nvidia.

You can't be more deluded in your delusions of AMD grandeur while the market indicates otherwise.

These fabs are bleeding fucking money and they are already behind GloFo (read IBM), Samsung and TSMC on the road to 10nm. And yes, Raven Ridge will heavily impact OEM market because it's more efficient than Intel's castrated offerings AND it has more powerful iGPU to boot.

Your assumption that BIOS issues actually affect the out-of-the-box usability of a Ryzen system is what's making you retarded.

AMD drivers are mosly okay and usually good. NVIDIA's went to shit and they started shoving botnet for no fucking reason.

It's just worse than the 1060

The 1060 is outselling it 5 to 1

>muh sales

Umm having BIOS issues at launch is a huge deal

AMD always pulls this shit, releasing half-assed crap with tons of issues on launch

Even thermis outsold Evergreens. So what? Housefires were better?

So what was X99? I though Intel was perfect.

You realize that the best thing that can happen for consumers is for AMD to die completely

When AMD finally has the nail put in their coffin, Intel will be forced to breakup due to monopoly laws, and we'll finally get some real competition

At the end of the day, that's what matters.
Nobody else needs to explain themselves but AMD.
Or keep up the self-fellation while Nvidia walks away with reality. It's OK. I don't think Nvidia minds.

It was only a big deal only for people who would like to tweak and overclock. Out-of-the-box it was more than usable you retarded piece of shit.

>AMD always pulls this shit, releasing half-assed crap with tons of issues on launch
Did you forget the fact that this was entirely new architecture designed from scratch? Are you really this fucking stupid?

>t. nvidia

AMDs re structured driver department has been on form for the RX line. The fact the no one seems to notice AMD now have a better shadow play function than nvidia simply shows the power of mass shilling

>sales don't matter

Delusional AMD fags again.

Go buy some more AMD stock.

So, no argument?

ReLive and no botnet drivers are better but where's Vega, Raja?

Yes they don't matter. Fermis were shit and sold better than Evergreens. Now what?

Here we see the nvidia shill not being able to comprehend complex arguments and resorting the "muh sales" argument.

TSMC Samsung/GF process aren't even anywhere close to true 10nm

They are fucking calling 20nm+FinFET a 14nm node.

>Why does AMD stock keep plummeting
>AMD has literally gained 100% in the past year
what? do you think company stocks can keep rising just because you benchmark tells you their new cpu is slightly better than what you currently use?

10nm a meme anyway. Yields are shit and density increase is pretty marginal. 7nm is where it is. Also Intel's 10nm when? I want another Broadwell-tier shitfest.

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/05/06/geforce-gtx-1080/

AYYMD still has no answer to 1 year old superior products

The argument is that the 480 is selling badly. That's the beginning and end of it.
Performance-wise, they're pretty close. My assumption is the increase in sales comes from OEMs bundling it with a weaker PSU, which they'd have a harder time doing with the 480. I'd say the power-draw debacle at the beginning of the 480 launch hurt the image, but look at the "4GB" 970 at the top of Steam charts, and you see not even a class-action lawsuit can bring down Nvidia's market penetration.

Intel Cannonlake is 10nm on 300 series chipsets Q4 2017 They already demonstrated a cannonlake CPU laptop at CES2017

>dual core mobile crap

You can't be serious

I said actually CPUs not dualcore mobile abortions.

As someone who is newly returning to the market from a Nahelem i5, how do you mean it's an enthusiast product? The 1500x and 1600 hover around the i5 7500 price point, allow for an upgrade path that's not on a dead socket, and from the research I've done look like overall better values. And that would be about the type of consumer I am: violently value-oriented, certainly not an enthusiast, just needing to find a similarly cost effective chip to the Nahelem i5 that's lasted me 7ish years.

Am I misguided to see more value in 1500x and 1600 over the locked 7500?

It's not just the PSU, the RX 480 cards are physically larger than the 1060 and won't fit into a lot of OEM cases.

EVGA/ZOTAC/INNO3D all have these tiny single fan GTX 1060s that run cool and don't throttle, but RX480s can't do the same, hell the RX570 ITX from sapphire throttles like a bitch and it's still physically larger than the small GTX 1060s

The DX11 performance is still shit senpai.
Nvidia drivers on Linux are also better.

>still shit
You can't do ghetto multithreading trick with hardware scheduling.

People keep screaming that AMD is cheaper, but then they scream that Ryzen needs fucking expensive 3200mhz ram.

i5-7500 will run along just fine with standard 2400mhz ram

But hey, with JEDEC announcing DDR5 spec release for 2018 there won't be that long of a upgrade path for AM4 or Ryzen either.

You can get dual rank 2666MHz nigger-abortion RAM and it'll run as fast as a 3200MHz CL14, and DDR5 won't be in motherboards until 2020.

Stop spreading horseshit.

3200 CL16 is cheap as balls. And no, DDR5 is 2020 at best.

>needs fucking expensive 3200mhz ram
>needs
Stop exaggerating things you retarded faggot. The gains, while noticeable and statistically significant, are overall negligible in normal usage, even in games.

The spec release alone doesn't mean much for the market. It will be 2020 before you have it in your system. If you're an early adopter.

DDR4 spec was in 2012. Earliest consumer modules were 2014.

Wait is Ryzen out already?

You can pay out of the ass for "expensive" Samsung B-die
You can get lower frequency and cheaper dual rank memory with similar performance
Or you can wait a few days for EFI update to come in with Hynix RAM support, your pick.

Of course being a retard that actually recommends a locked i5 stutterlake I wouldn't expect anything but picking the worst choice.

Also DDR5 in motherboards comes at least 15 months after it's a standard, and that might only be in HEDT boards

You sound absolutely retarded, get a trip.

Maybe?

>Vega will probably turn out to be a complete flop like the RX480 did

We already know that it is slightly under the 1070 and only performs well in DX12. Benchmarks are out.

Where? And no, 3Dmark "leaks" are not benches, because it also rapes 1080ti according to them.

>Ryzen isnt making a big enough dent in cpu market share?
Supply shortages. It's being sold out and restocked again. That's actually a good sign.
>Vega will probably turn out to be a complete flop like the RX480 did
>RX400
>flop
Show your autism, retard. RX470 and RX480 are great cards and Vega benchmarks are promising.
>RX580 is barely better then the 1060Gtx FTW
Any 580 is better than any 1060. That's just how it is.
>AMDrones on suicide watch again?
>t. retarded shill who doesn't understand how the market works

DDR5 spec is going to be finalized in 2018, platform availability is like 2020

2020 is 2.5 years away so Ryzen/AM4 has around 3 years lifespan left, so the only upgrade you'll get is Ryzen+ if it isn't delayed.

Or AMD is just barely making any of the damn things to sell in the first place, like the RX 480 supply shortage and fucking price jacking.

lol AMD apologists are now saying ram speed difference is negligible when they were up with pitchforks and torches whenever a benchmark with less than 3200mhz ram was used, fucking hypocrites

Prices are actually going down this time.

Im pretty sure the stock will go up again.

AMD has deals with Microsoft and intel that everyone says is pretty much confirmed.

The ryzen7 cpus only had like a month of sales before Q1 2017 was over and they still have ryzen3 cpus and vega to be released this year and their Naples project.

Xbox Scorpio coming this year and has had positive reviews so far.

The only downside I see are the price of the products and once they are out, the reviews people do on them.

I was speculating that the stock will reach $20 before the year ends but recently it has been going down but I still have faith.