Intel Just Wait(tm) Thread

Let's take a look at some upcoming Intel CPUs.

i7-7740K Skylake-X - Rehash with 100 MHz more base clock, same boost clock, on a new HEDT platform. If it's soldered, it means Intel has been lying to everyone. If it uses the same jizz TIM, it means you still have the delid the piece of shit to get decent temps.

i5-8600K, i7-8700K Coffeelake-S - 6 core, 6 thread, and 6 core, 12 thread consumer CPUs. Will run hotter, have half as much (or less) of a single core advantage, still lose in multithreading, have lower OC headroom, and will still be more expensive than Ryzen. May or may not be compatible with existing Z270 motherboards. But let's face it, it's Intel. Backwards compability is not a very good bet.

i7-7950X Skylake-X - 12 core, 24 thread MEGA-TASKING MONSTER on the same HEDT platform as the i7-7740K. Will be completely shut down by AMD's HEDT platform X390/X399 (Codename Threadripper, nice job marketing guys), which offers 16 core, 32 threads at a lower TDP and very likely lower price.

So, Intel fans, what are you Just Wait(tm)ing on?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-desktop-6-core-4-core-cpu-leaked/
pcworld.com/article/3193149/computers/intel-projects-decline-in-chip-prices-and-amds-ryzen-is-one-reason.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm waiting to see the prices/performance for 6-8 core Skylake-X and the price/performance of Coffee Lake hexacore.

After that, I'll judge those two, against an R7 Ryzen and I'll see what I use to upgrade my desktop. Why, you're not one of those brain addled brand whores are you? If you are, you should probably off yourself.

What are intelfags gonna do when the 6 core kabylake comes with 3.5Ghz stock clocks?

AMD shills have truly gone nuts since their stock monies have crashed

>you're not one of those brain addled brand whores are you?

Of course he is

He probably put his life savings into AMD stock and now he's about to kill himself

>prices/performance for 6-8 core Skylake-X
It's intel's HEDT platform, of course it's going to cost an arm and a leg or two.

>price/performance of Coffee Lake hexacore.
We already have some idea from this. wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-desktop-6-core-4-core-cpu-leaked/

Basically, it's a slower, more expensive 1600X.

>It's intel's HEDT platform, of course it's going to cost an arm and a leg or two.
I'm actually not so sure this time. I'm waiting to see what - if any - effect that Ryzen might have on Intel's HEDT platform.

If it doesn't change at all, then that will of course factor into my decision. I'll be upgrading from a 4770K. I don't mind waiting a few more months to expand my current options.

J-just overclock it...

That would make skylake-x completely useless, I have a hard time thinking Intel will sell a more powerful mainstream processor for cheaper to cannibalize its 6-8 core skylake-x sales.

Stop pointing out facts, you antisemite!

pcworld.com/article/3193149/computers/intel-projects-decline-in-chip-prices-and-amds-ryzen-is-one-reason.html

"Intel is forecasting a “slight decline” in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD’s Ryzen chips could have played a part in that."

There you go. A "Slight decline". Possibly $1000 instead of $1100.

>11 posts
>5 ips

AMD shills replying to themselves again, jesus christ

The 2600k was the last CPU worth buying.

Just wait for Intel's new architecture in 2021 (at the earliest)

Yeah, I've read that. I took it to mean CPUs already on sale. We already knew they've moved up the launch of both Coffee Lake and Skylake-X in order to combat AMD.

I'm not making any judgements until after the chips are out and reviewed. I don't know why you have a problem with that.

I don't have any problem with it. I just think that even if they're not as crazy expensive, AMD's HEDT will still be a better value. I fully expect AMD to sell their 16 core 32 thread for more than twice as much as their 8 core 16 thread.

PLEASE SHUT UP

Are people expecting more? Intel needs to keep mainstream TDP under 100W so those clocks are expected.

I'm figuring it'll be around the speed of a 7700, that thing plus 50% cores should land it around 3.5-3.7ghz at ~100w (65w x 1.5). It's fine, but that lands it right in the performance territory of a 1600x in both single and multi threading.

The housefire rises. I wonder if you'll have to delid it, too? Will the die size magically become big enough to allow soldering? Or are we in for even more jizz TIM?

Ivy Bridge was okay too, if not for the ihs meme.
LGA1156 was the shit, anything later was just another Jewish trick to squeeze out more shekels.
Needless to say, if the current trend keeps up, I'll change my trusty 3770k to some fancy Ryzen.

don't forget they won't support overclocking :^)