Stop blocking ads, only millennials block ads

Stop blocking ads, only millennials block ads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop posting this stupid image every fucking day. Fucking Mongoloid.

But I am a millenial.

Tfw gen x and block ads.

there's nothing wrong with millennials, they do the right things.

how about we stop misleading and agressive marketing?

Stop talking like a retard

"Millennials" are people born between 1981 and 1999. I think that's pretty much all of us.

Consumers should do the same thing they do.
How do we stop companies aiming to market to adblockers from planning constructively?

damn I've been blocking ads for like 10 years now.

In glorious 2017 people still watch tv, this is truly the most depressing thing on that pic

I cannot see a compelling reason to not block ads.

Ads add nothing to the internet browsing experience. Some make the argument that without ads, nobody could pay for sites on the internet.

I would make the counter argument that most content on the internet I consume is not worth paying for, and if it were gone I would be a better person for it. If everything were a subscription service and could not subsist on ads, that would entirely kill social media.

The vast majority of websites that rely on ad revenue could not survive on subscription-based models. That's why they will never do anything other than complain about ad blocking and try to shove more and more nefarious ads at people.

There might be a few YouTube personalities that you like to watch occasionally. Would you pay to watch them? Probably not.

It makes no difference, I'll keep blocking ads.

Gas all advertisers

Actually that's false.

Millenials start at 1982-1995 and then Gen Z start.

>stop blocking ads
>every webiste now takes 1 minute to load

And I'm saying that if all of that suddenly disappeared I would be fine because premium content would still exist and is primarily what I consume.

>Netflix is ad free and subscription based if we ignore me torrenting shit
>I pay for video games I play
>I pay for things when I leave the home

So what I'm misisng out on now are Youtube, twitch, and twitter (social media in general)

I don't need twitch or Youtube and barely use social media. How would this be bad?

I'm not saying that it would be bad, just that most websites (think shitty blogs) will never switch to subscription models because they know they wouldn't be able to survive on subscriptions.

>Boomers spend 24 hours a week watching TV
God damn, when are they just going to die. How dead inside do you need to be to spend 1/7th of your life watching Hawaii Five-O and Duck Dynasty.

Tfw in a half year millennials will be 18

Fuck you mum and dad I'm going outside to ride my bike and climb trees, I don't wanna watch Jeremy Kyle!

I am millenial, I'm blocking ads. Now fuck off.

>We're here, we're queer, deal with it!

>allowing 1px malicious advertisements to track your web history without the use of tracking cookies
>allowing random scripts to run in your browser

Fuck off shill. If advertisements only served the purpose of showing generalized ads and didn't collect data/target users/track their browsing history, I wouldn't mind it as much.

No

Patience is a virtue.

You're thinking gen Z

Make me

Since ISPs are tracking us all anyway why can't we just pay an extra $5 "internet tax" that gets split between the sites we visited most that month in return for them not displaying ads? Sites that continue displaying ads don't get a cut.

I have always blocked ads but I have never told anyone else about adblock, we need the people who don't block ads for ad blocking to remain an easy thing.

>Dogs walk.
>Therefore, if you walk, you are a dog
Quality reasoning.

>don't have tv
>don't have any social account
>don't use smartphone that much
I'm Gen Z, fucker. I block ads and I'm proud of it. Not ready to compromise myself completely.

>only millennials block ads
Bwcause only they know how

i was born jan 2nd 96
could i pass as a gen Z? :^)

>boomer spend 24 hours a week watching tv
by azura how fucking retarded are they?

TV is like the epitome of forced ad. It's painful to watch live, so I just record shows to skip ads.

This.

Gentofte Z is 1995-1999 - they are already 18 or will be 18 this year.

Millenials do the right thing

I was born in 97, what gen am i

>am millenial
>no adblocker

The only time it's remotely annoying is watching YouTube in the browser. Downloading the video or casting it to TV generally fixes that.

Ad blocking stats from 2015. They're likely even further fucked today.

It doesn't work that way.

How it works is, you pay a free AND you have to watch ads. Companies have always double (or even triple) dipped like this and the future will be no different.

>inb4 Netflix

They are the exception, not the rule.

It does actually make you gen z
You're also gen z
Jamen hallojsa.

Stop not killing yourself.

I am a millennial so I will continue to block ads

>it's 2017
>ads on the internet ads are still unregulated and people can make ads that significantly slow down pages, fake virus alerts and pop-ups that link to malicious websites without any repercussions

Until this changes I can't see many people getting rid of ad blocking software.

I refuse to support this industry. I don't care how many people lose their jobs over this.
Sell your products the old fashioned way, or find a more professional and less obnoxious way to show me your product exists.

Provide a website service for free and unfettered on your own costs and time or have people buy premium registration to use it if you need it funded.
I refuse to allow a world to shout at me from ten thousand obstructive 300x200px boxes with flashing lights and paywall hoops stopping me from my content.

Facebook started as a free service. It had to rely on advertising because the weight of its popularity caught up with running costs. Many "once grassroots" services land in this situation are forced to either be supported by advertising or subscription. Sup Forums is no different.

Netflix is a good example of successful inexpensive legal on-demand television media. Either you have it or you don't.

>I would make the counter argument that most content on the internet I consume is not worth paying for, and if it were gone I would be a better person for it. If everything were a subscription service and could not subsist on ads, that would entirely kill social media.
Fucking this. The reason a lot of crappy content out there even exists is because platforms exist allowing subpar content to be published. These platforms would exist if it weren't for advertising keeping them afloat their server costs.

wtf is that

Hahaha, the jews are desperate. I like it.

as a millenial working in IT, whenever one of our clients encounters one of those annoying "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED GIVE US MONEY" advertisements, I remove all Edge/IE shortcuts and install firefox/chrome with ublock origin

fuck your ads.

i am blocking jewish / ads / malicous domains via dns in pfsnese, if i won't allow just dublecuck

> tfw trying to block ads in an unrooted android
suffering
I tried DNS666 or whatever that Sup Forums recommended but it doesn't really work. Youtube and Chrome still show ads even though I went inside the options and enabled the blocking on all apps.

Off-topic question, I was born in 2001, am I a millenial or Gen Z?

A lot of websites are pasting instructions to disable the most popular ad blockers. It's slimy as fuck and they always instruct on how to disable it globally rather than creating an exception for that shitty site.

>greasy

you're underage b&

I know that a lot of sites flat-out refuse to function if you have any form of adblock enabled, like Forbes. I'll have to keep an eye on this...

>using the smiley with a carat nose

A jew

You're Gen Underage Banned

>put virus-infested pop-ups everywhere
>get ass-blasted when people block them

>underage,
I'll be 18 in less than two years, get off my back.

It's 2017 you retard

You know whats actually funny? An adblocker is nothing more than a script detector and disabler.

So the very scripts on the page able to see if you are using an adblocker, are by design able to be blocked themselves from loading before they can block your content from loading.
It requires a bit of legwork, but you can eventually find the incriminating scripts and disable them for all future visits to the same site.

None of the sites that outright block you for using adblock are worth visiting.

Congrats you're gen z and banned.

They probably count streaming content in this.

>The amount of ads on the Internet are completely reasonable.

Do you have childhood memories of life before the internet? In not then you're Gen Z.

I'll stop blocking ads when malicious ads stop existing.

This might be the most culturally malignant cancerous thing I've ever read. We need to gather everyone involved in the advertising industry and machine gun them into shallow trenches.

this. also sporting events become watchable especially when you can semi fastforward through meh

But I am a millenial, I was born between 1982 and 2000.

Please user, not a millennial. I'll stop blocking ads immediately just please take back that terrible slander against my... age?

Originally the term Millennial was applied to people born after 2000. Born this millennium. However once marketing faggots get their hands on a something it quickly ceases to make much sense. And so now the term Millennial is just another stupid buzz word that doesn't mean anything.

Gen Z is post 2000.
Millenials are 1980-1999.

Which is why you design your page not to display anything and use the same script that implements ads to implement content.

There's still 7 months left, if you were born after May, you're still 17

ha get fucked I was born in 98, so i good

This. So many Millennials try to deny it.

But that's factually wrong, ya braindead retards.

Greatest Generation here. Yes I'm old as fuck. I Block all ads. It isn't millennial thing, no one likes ads.

Marketer butthurt gets my dick hard

>google+
>vine
just how old is this infographic.

Also had advertisers not broken the unspoken agreements with consumers and stopped trying to make ads as annoying or unavoidable as possible then we wouldn't be at a place where everyone knows about adblockers and installs them on their PCs

How so? Are you a Millennial in denial?

>tfw too young for millenials
>tfw too old for gen z
who /outcast 95/ here?

I grew up with win95 and then mostly win98

Was born in 92'. Constantly around computers.

Want to know why I block ads? I don't want to be constantly reminded about shit I can't afford.

Am I millennial if I was born at 1989?

this

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

they are lucky I don't see heir advertisements

seeing ads never made me want anything or buy anything, it has the exact opposite effect on me -whenever I see any by chance I get annoyed, offended and try to avoid that particular obnoxious brand by all means

mfw adds in cinemas (and I pay for the fucking ticket) take up like 20 minute in my country so I've been coming to the moves late by exactly 20 minutes for years now

>please stop not buying our shit products

>born in 97
>underage
i'm turning 20 this year, time is passing by gramps

>tfw 1996 z-er
I grew up around many ppl born in 1995
You could say we are battling on the front line of the millenial menace

>nothing wrong with millenials
Only the most worthless generation to plague this earth.

holy fuck I'm so old

That's stupid, the blocks have been even 20 years since Gen X. 2020 will mark a new one again.

>I'm Gen Z
>Born in 2000 at the earliest
>Underage in 2017
MODS

Not mad. Just saying.