There are people living in the US that have not been outside their city or state

>there are people living in the US that have not been outside their city or state

How can people explain this? How is it possible not to leave your state or at least medium/big city at least once in your lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/economy/long-slog-for-foreign-doctors-to-practice-in-us.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't really understand how poor most Americans are

>City
Poor black people
>State
States are big

It's a bit more expensive, when my state is bigger than most European "countries"

But how can it be about being poor? A roadtrip in your used 1983 car isn't really a personal bankruptcy in itself?

I know that a lot of Americans take very few break days a year, especially compared to Scandinavia and Finland, but it seems very very weird to me

Neither do you apparently

>there are people living in Europe who haven't been outside their """country""" that's smaller than Colorado

because travel is seen as a bourgeois luxury by most americans

It's not. Traveling around Europe is only possible for the majority nowadays because of the EU. People who never leave there state are a tiny minority of people (somewhere around 6%) and mostly because they have no interest rather than inability to do so.

I've never left my state because I never felt the need to, I have everything I could possibly ask for.

So you've never even visited somewhere outside your state?

When you work 60 hours a week and all your free time is taking care of your 4 kids
That one Saturday night a month when you can do whatever you want you're just going to drink beer not get on a plane and "travel"

I was planning to work in America once I graduate because doctors make much more over there than anywhere else, but I've come to realise how unethical and inefficient your health care system is.

I'll stay in Europe.

No, I live in Alaska.

We're full anyway, stay away.

Oh. Well I guess if you like it
Please stay away; I hate foreign doctors

Living in L.A everyone comes to you.

60 hours a week? Seriously?
And you don't get any weeks of paid break a year either??

My dad worked 80 hours a week and got 14 days of paid break if he wanted it. He would never take it though because he got payed if he didn't use them.

If you work a decent job you do, but most don't. We work hard here in America, Bjorn.

Was he self employed or a low value worker?

Low value, I think he made like 90,000 a year working two jobs.

Your degree wouldn't be worth shit here anyway, you'd have to retake a bunch of classes assuming you took them in anything less than an elite medical school.
>Unethical
You say that like Single payer systems aren't rife with it.

This

Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

top kek

Don't worry, I won't. Medicine shouldn't be about business.

That's because Americans don't save a lot money, they spend it, not because they don't have money to spend.

Yet 90% of drugs are produced by 3 privately owned companies.

Are you sure you're a doctor? You don't seem to know anything about healthcare.

That's not really a good idea in Cali since you get taxed so much on the extra money that you earn that you're literally better off taking a break.

I know, foreign degrees aren't recognised in the US. It would be a long process.

nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/economy/long-slog-for-foreign-doctors-to-practice-in-us.html

That's because they get cable that they don't even get to watch, Internet that they don't use to the fullest, and shitty phone plans that cost 120 bucks a month also a shitty car, credit cards, and rent.

>Are you sure you're a doctor?
Not yet

>tfw my rich friends always give me shit about how I've never been abroad
I want nothing more than to travel abroad. But, I'm concerned that I'll turn into a pretentious dick that compares everything to countries they've been too.

>These brats you grilled are nothing like the ones I had in Germany
>In France they piss with their pinkies extended
>Have I mentioned I've been to Europe, today? Oh, I haven't? Well I've been to Europe you know.

I grew up in the North East.

I'd be that kind of American if I lived there, I'm so damn sure about it.

Well I'll just say that be prepared wherever you work to deal with buerocracy and shitty people making your job all the more stressful and thankless. Good luck.