Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it

at least 2009 is more visually pleasing

W is shit but I could post two screenshots of kernel panic too.

>windows update failed
>automatically revert changes

>linux update failed
>search on the internet how to manually revert changes

At least the aurora background on Vista was better.

Kernel panics aren't caused by updates being forced on you without your consent.

>it will never be 2009 again

Then image still does not work because of Vista.

No, the image still works because it makes Vista look good compared to Windows 10.

I don't use GNU + Linux anymore, but you could just restore from backup and changed files.

People shat on Vista but fuck me if it didn't look nice.

Actually, after WW3, society will be rebuilt and a new religion will spring up after a few Empires have risen from the ashes of civilization. Most likely, the most important event of this new religion will be redubbed as 0, and 2009 solar cycles after that, it will be 2009 again and mining excavations will find computers with Vista installed.

fugg

exactly why linux is not for plebs. bad for them.

i ment windows

That's because few Linux installs ever make it to the 'updates' part.

This. I liked the Vista backgrounds. Still searching for them, also the nature default backgrounds, especially the grassy one.

8.1s minimalistic taskbar is fine too. Aero had a lot of issues.

>TFW used Vista on a 2 GB RAM machine since 2007
>TFW haven't upgraded until 2013
>TFW I NEVER used Windows 7 myself

i just reinstalled windows 10 on a separate partition because i needed it for some gayshit proprietary software and a VM didn't have enough juice to handle it

>try to change file extension
>ARE U SURE???? THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS!!!!

>try to change web browser
>WOAH NOW, EDGE IS THE BEST WEB BROWSER, YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY!!!!

>try to run .exe
>nothing happens
>wtf
>have to right click and run as admin even though im the only user on the machine

>shut down
>doesn't actually shut down, does a """"soft""" shut down and bypasses the partition selector
>have to shut down from cmd to not do this

>actually shut down
>OKIEDOKIE TIME TO INSTALL A SHIT LOAD OF UPDATES

fuck this garbage OS. windows used to be the rational choice

This.
At this point, MS is just trolling anyone who tries to do anything but play solitaire

>he never heard about snapshots

How To Spot a Newfag 101

BTRFS + Snapper integrates with package manager and even allows you to boot from any snapshot making it a lot faster since Linux doesn't have to "revert" anything like Windows does. It's also a lot more reliable.

You can turn off the soft shut down in the power options. The rest is true, non ltsb Windows 10 is hot garbage.

>muh forced updates
I bought my first PC ever 2 days ago after being a lifetime mac user and figured out how to disable forced updates after browsing though preferences for 5 minutes.

>he thinks they don't troll solitaire players just as much

oh boy, you're in for a surprise

>more coins for completing daily challenges
Micro transaction games should be fucking outlawed.

Yeah, in linux, you consent to kernal panics.