Let's take a look at some upcoming Intel CPUs

Let's take a look at some upcoming Intel CPUs.

i7-7740K Skylake-X - The ultimate 4 core CPU. Has the integrated GPU disabled, resulting in a 15 watt power reduction. Will OC to 6 GHz on air. Will absolutely crush every FPS average in every game ever.

i7-8700K Coffeelake-S - 6 cores, 12 threads of Ryzen killing power. Will OC to 5 GHz, outperform Ryzen in both single and multi core, and cost the same as an i7-7700K because Intel is just that nice. Look, two cores for free!

i7-7950X Skylake-X - 12 core, 24 thread MEGA-TASKING MONSTER. Nothing from AMD could possibly top this. Nope. Not ever. No other CPUs will need to be produced after this one because it will be perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

click.intel.com/tuningplan/
ark.intel.com/products/52213
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

remember kids, how do we spot a shill 101?
they never mention prices.

|
|>
|
|
|
|o

That sounds cool man, but how much for all that power? I don't need the mega tasking munster of it's gonna cost me 1500€

Are they actually soldering the lid this time, or are they still using that useless thermal paste?

Of course! Only the best for Intel(tm) products!

Cool source.

>6Ghz intel

Not cool man, my older brother died that way. He thought why not overclock his pentium and then boom, housefire, just like that

Why didn't he enable Intel Thermal PROtection(TM)

They have insurance for that, you know.

click.intel.com/tuningplan/

This is amazing.

Worthless, where's the delid insurance?

You have to buy it from AMD, it's called Ryzen.

Haha why would you delid

It cools newer Intel chips by around 15C since they used cheap thermal paste between the die and the lid

Haha

[Citation Needed]

Don't you trust Intel(tm)?

"Free" and "Paying the full price again" aren't the same thing, silly user. That aside, I'd rather judge once they're out than expect anything, but thanks for the details I guess.

>Will OC to 6 GHz on air.
How long until Intel tells you that you "simply should stop OCing", when it superheats air into plasma?

As long as you don't accidentally create cold fusion, you'll be fine.

>another Skylake rebrand
LOL. When will Intel ever make a successor to Sandy Bridge?

Wait for 2021(tm).

We do not recommend running outside the processor specifications, such as by exceeding processor frequency or voltage specifications, or removing of the integrated heat spreader (sometimes called ‘de-lidding’). These actions will void the processor warranty.

How much for the 6-core?

$500 like always

>Let's take a look at some upcoming Intel CPUs.
>i7-7740K Skylake-X - The ultimate 4 core CPU. Has the integrated GPU disabled, resulting in a 15 watt power reduction. Will OC to 6 GHz on air.

Good goy. Remember the 6ghz that died during the ryzencaust

You seem like a nice kid, but skylake-x wont hit 5ghz unless it's based off the same manufacturing process of kabylake/14nm+++++++, even then kabylake has a hard limit of 5.2ghz if you manage to spend at least 50 to replace the pigeon poop and somehow deal with housefire tiers of voltages.

>>i7-8700K Coffeelake-S - 6 cores, 12 threads of Ryzen killing power. Will OC to 5 GHz, outperform Ryzen in both single and multi core, and cost the same as an i7-7700K because Intel is just that nice. Look, two cores for free!

This may be worth it. I'd spend the extra cash on something with the single thread 7700k capability plus hyperthreading and 12 threads/6 cores. Should make gaming ultra smooth.

This is my Ryzen experience so far.
Bought it because I crippled my 3770k trying to overclock it.
No video signal.
Try everything. Nope, still doesn't work.
RMA guy fucking scolds me for buying 3200Mhz memory. Fucking loose my shit and explain to him why this shouldn't be a problem.
Now I'm in RMA hell, while my 3770k barely boots at 3.0Ghz.

Sounds like you fell for many memes. All the memes. Anything over 2666MHz is subject to diminishing returns.

I bought it in case Zen2 shows up fyi.

This is fact.

How'd you blow up your 3770K?

4.5Ghz for a [email protected]
Max temperature in burning software was 79°C.
Suddenly freezes and shit.
Swap back to bios default, still fails.
It's somewhat stable at 3Ghz.
Looks like I fucked the memory controller somehow.
Had to swap to secondary channel.

Bought a 1600x instead of a 1600 because I don't want to overclock ever again.

This is why I never OC. If I want something faster I'll just buy the money for it upfront. Don't have time to fuck with exploding CPUs and RAM that won't hit it's XMP speed.

>4 cores
>2017
>people are dumb af

>4.5Ghz for a month
>month
Nigga I've been running a 3770k at 4.3GHz on 1.22V since it came out. What the fuck did you do?

Had it for 5 years@stock without any problem.
It's just that I overclocked it and it went to shit.
Didn't have any clue that it would get kill before it did.

kek that's sad.

I've been running my 4770k under air at 4.6GHz with 1.31v since august 2015.

Here's the thing, though.
Anyone killing their 2600k to 6700k doesn't have an excuse to switch to AMD.
My overclocking was mostly due to curiosity as to how far I could push it before an upgrade.
Answer was 1 month.
Let this sink in, overclocking does reduce your ship's lifetime.Maybe if I had run this [email protected] from the start, it would had failed me like 3 years later.

>nyone killing their 2600k to 6700k doesn't have an excuse to switch to AMD.
The fuck am I saying. They don't have an excuse not switching to AMD.

>6ghz
>5ghz on 6c

Look buddy, if you want Geniune Intel(tm) Performance(r), you're gonna have to make a few sacrifies.

That's like the russian roulette, i have a 2600K runing at 4.5GHz with 1.22 or 1.24v since 2011 with a hyper212 and that shit works like a charm, i think is just luck.

This thread is full of fake news, so here is the info on the new Intel HEDT:

Intel Skylake X Processor Family For Intel X299 Platform Details:

The Skylake X family in particular will feature five SKUs that include a 12 core, 10 core, 8 core and a 6 core model. The 10, 8 and 6 core models will be based on the Skylake architecture. All Skylake-X chips will feature a rated TDP of 140W and we can expect clock speeds north of the 3.0 GHz range and boosts of 4.0 GHz+ on the 6 core and 8 core chips. The 12 core chip will be the new flagship and will come with higher PCIe lanes with faster memory support.

The entire OP is full of bullshit like "No other CPUs will need to be produced after this one because it will be perfect." and that's what you focus on?

>Will OC to 6 GHz on air.

B-b-b-ut that would be using Intels product outside specifications.

Thats is being a bad, bad consumer and Intel would never make any guarantees whatsoever about performance or stability of such a degenerate system!

Thank you based Intel

so how much are the sockets going to cost this time? $1k?

that's why "2600k is still enough" doesn't hold water too inconsistent, and people that get great results tend to talk about them more making false perception

my stock 2600 boosts to 3.8 for some magical reason for example even though it should be 3.6 max, that's already not enough

since intel still refuses to give me a 6 core and getting another 4c is stupid - I got 1600x

>i7-7740K Skylake-X - The ultimate 4 core CPU. Has the integrated GPU disabled, resulting in a 15 watt power reduction. Will OC to 6 GHz on air. Will absolutely crush every FPS average in every game ever.
91 - 15 = 112?

The FDIV bug strikes again.

>2600k
>not 3.8ghz boost
Dude you don't even know the specs of your own cpu?

ark.intel.com/products/52213

oh shit, never occurred to me to check Intel site, it says 3.6 everywhere else I looked

The extra watts are there because it's 1000 MHz moar powerful. I mean, 100 MHz. Whatever.

The 7700k wasn't exactly close to its "91W" designation

It used around 90W in 'normal' workloads.

Better change that shit to "Scenario design power" and hope the goys don't notice.

Retard he did mention prices, fuck AMD shills are literally illiterate

They don't have to, TDP is already different for every vendor and has no standard to dictate it.

tl;dr TDP can be anything they want.

I'll give you $3.50 if you really think the i7-8700K is going to cost the same as an i7-7700K. Protip: it's going to be at least $400 on launch.

>You seem like a nice kid

:^)

10 core intel. prepare to disapoint.
It's either gonna cost 1000$ or run at 3Ghz, or both.

Also inb4 ryzen-X 16 core by stitching 2 ryzen ships together.

You're right, Intel BINGBUS is a much better idea.

What's wrong? This random kid on wccftech said it can hit 5 GHz and will Destroy Ryzen(tm), so it can. You don't have any reason to disbelieve him, do you?

Don't forget the new socket goyim!
Apperently thats what leaks indicate.

And you can stitch 4 and get a Naples. Whoa, the magic of Infinity Fabric.