Firefox

This is it, this is the last straw, mozilla has convinced me to use another browser, when they disabled my addons because they're are not compatible with their shitty multi-process and they don't let me re-enable them.

/r/ the state of the current firefox forks.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>whaaaa my software went in a better direction and the add-on developers are not updating for the better change so I am going g to fucking cry about it whaaaaaaaaa

Whoever's in control of firefox right now is intentionally tanking the browser

I suspect fox in the henhouse

Remember the old CEO got ousted and fired for a donation he made 6 years prior being made public

There was a corporate takeover, and ever since then firefox has been crumbling, probably by intention.

Thats not the fucking problem, this is about the multiprocess feature that has been available for quite a while, youre probably thinking about Web extensions.

>click "more information"
>find out how to enable your addons again
Sure was difficult...

He's still right about the developer(s) not giving a fuck about their previous hobby project anymore

ESR seems to be doing just fine

>Use version 2 releases ahead of stable
>Why the fuck doesn't this just work?!

>Improving the browser but actually making use of your hardware
>Nerd on the internet thinks this is "tanking" the browser because add on developers are catching up
>This is only an issue on the version explicitly made for testing that barely anyone uses

The detachment is amazing.

I'm using firefox dev edition and I can still enable unsigned addons.

>click "more information"
Where exactly was this? A lotta pages have that on it.

Again not the problem, sure it works but the fact is they disabled them without asking.

Its not that simple, there are some things that simply cannot be done with Web extensions that can be done with XUL.

Whoops sorry I guess I misunderstood.
I always turned off the firefox multi-process stuff because it was buggy as shit 6 months ago.

> when they disabled my addons because they're are not compatible with their shitty multi-process and they don't let me re-enable them.
It's not compatible, you dumb fuck
how the hell do you want it to work re-enabling, fuckin dingus
just turn e10s off autistic fuck

See It is compatible, they just want to fuck with you

When they launched multi-process on nightly it was impossible to use for about a few months but it become stable a while ago, however this update took it back at unusable levels.

>Remember the old CEO got ousted and fired for a donation he made 6 years prior being made public
wait it was SIX years prior? what the hell? isn't that illegal to fire someone over?

Not in Social Justice America.

He didn't get fired, he resigned because of massive amounts of bad press that was hurting the project. If he had stayed, everyone loses. At least with him leaving, the project can continue, although maybe not the way you'd want it to.

Is Firefox going multi-process? That might contrariwise be enough reason for me to return to it.

>Not using Brave

>Its not that simple, there are some things that simply cannot be done with Web extensions that can be done with XUL.

examples

>TFW were headed to a google only world.

>uses alpha browser
>complains about missing features

How retarded are you?

why do you mongoloids keep using nightly instead of dev?
it's not meant for everyday browsing, stop being retarded

BLEEEEEEDING EEEEEDGEEEEEE

Just about anything that directly modifies the UI. Vimperator (/pentadactyl), Classic Theme Restorer come to mind.

You fags miss the point. If it's in Nightly, it'll be in mainline at some point in the future.

>If it's in Nightly, it'll be in mainline at some point in the future.
are you stupid? they literally test stuff on it that never gets to mainstream all the fucking time
and of course the day will come that non multi process addons will be disabled, they've been saying it for ages, stop making retarded threads

>Again not the problem, sure it works but the fact is they disabled them without asking.
They disabled them because they're a hog on resources and the Mozilla devs are trying to move on from them. You can still enable them yourself but the idea is that you're on your own from here on out.

And when its "mainline" all the addons will be updated to work with the latest release, you fucking mongoloid.

>use nightly release
>surprised things become incompatible

>all the addons will be updated

Tell me more about the fantasy dream world you live in.

>implying there is actual incompatibility rather than mozilla forcing them off without giving you an option to do otherwise.

$100 says it's checking plugin manifest rather than trying and failing to load something.

bad press from what? donating to something you don't agree with? wth this is america. we have political freedom. and who really cared? he never got his politics involved in the project. hot damn talk about witch hunts. its as stupid as the target boycot because of hurrr transgenders. who gives a shit what someone believes in politically as long as it doesn't effect the project.

man i fell sorry for him. poor guy.

>/r/
hi guys from from reddit can I be a haxx0r t000!?

This. The "bad press" amounts to SV virtue signaling that wouldn't have had any actual impact aside from snarky internet posturing from rainbow haired she-twinks anytime Mozilla comes up.

>He doesn't know what /r/ means

palemoon is the only good browser period, even beyond firefox forks.

What the fuck, you're complaining about nightlies? You do realize they warn you all the time that they're unstable builds and you're expected to assume nothing works.

>I always turned off the firefox multi-process stuff because it was buggy as shit 6 months ago.
Well this ain't 6 months ago, re-enable e10s because it's great shit

>If it's in Nightly, it'll be in mainline at some point in the future.
You do realize tons of features don't get to stable because they were failures in nightlies, right?

Anyways, Mozilla and co have been warning devs and users for a very long time about this. This isn't some snap decision.

I don't want to encounter some gender confused fag in the bathroom.

>2017+2-2+0
>using neonetscape ever

---

downthemall

>Nightly

Why do you fucking retards use this shit?

>He didn't get fired, he resigned

No, the stockholders told him to resign or they would force him out.

>If he had stayed, everyone loses.

How? Fag marriage has always only been supported by a tiny minority of SJWs. They aren't going to register on your user count.

>its as stupid as the target boycot because of hurrr transgenders.

I'm sorry but I don't want to use the same bathroom as people who should be in a mental facility like you. Nice false equivalence by the way.

Mozilla's whole shtick is that they're a pro-freedom, pro-diversity, pro-openness, etc. organization. Eich literally gave his money in support of a law 100% contrary to Mozilla's official politics and philosophy - and after being called out on it, instead of saying "I was young and stupid, but I'm all for gay marriage now", he basically said he'd do it again.

You can argue about whether hating faggots is good or bad, but the idiot completely deserved it either way.

>pro-freedom

So much for that huh? You only have freedom to do what is accepted by their liberal ideology.

>instead of saying "I was young and stupid, but I'm all for gay marriage now", he basically said he'd do it again

And good, I'm glad he stood up for what he believed in.

>You can argue about whether hating faggots is good or bad, but the idiot completely deserved it either way.

Who said anything about hating fags? You don't have to hate gays to believe they don't have the right to marry. He didn't deserve the pushback he got.

You are mentally ill, stay away from our children, queer.

>You only have freedom to do what is accepted by their liberal ideology
There is a difference between the, "Respect my two-hundred pronouns" garbage and people who just want to live their lives. The guy was actively against giving people personal freedom. You can't say you're a proponent of freedom and then turn around and go against it. He has every right to his opinion, but the problem was being two-faced about it. Can't have your cake and eat it too, user.

Though yeah, current Mozilla definitely falls in the first category I mentioned. Terrible stuff politically, but it's still a better browser so whatever.

>every fucking Mozilla thread
Here's Mozilla's official communication on the matter:
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/

>inb4 "damage control"
If they really were trying to pander to some far-left demographic, they wouldn't have published a post stating that they didn't want Eich to leave, that the press and social media was misrepresenting them and their employees by acting as if they wanted him out, AND that they don't have an official stance in marriage equality nor do they care about it or their employee's personal beliefs.

All this "lol SJWzilla cuckcuckcuck" is nothing but FUD. Mozilla is not only the only company that is actively trying to make a better product and compete against Google, they're also one of the only companies pleading for consumer's privacy and online rights; as well as being one of the few social justice focused organizations that don't align themselves with the retarded pink-haired Tumblr trannies and call them out on their bullshit.

Stop this FUD. You're acting against your own self interest.

Thank you for the sensible post.

Install palememe
Unironically the best browser

How is this Mozilla's fault? How is this a problem even? You're using a nightly browser, it's supposed to get the latest updates even if that means upgrading the base of a browser. Legacy support SHOULD be abandoned, otherwise it would become as bloated as windows is.
If you want addon support don't use the alpha test version, use stable firefox. And the relevant addons still work, uBlockO and downloadhelper.

Stop shilling against firefox every day, fag.

Just a shame that maybe three add-ons are compatible with it.

It was bullshit. You had to be here when it happened to know the truth. They even put in a little gay unicorn in the menu as a celebratory victory stamp when he quit.

Anyone care to bring me up to date on addons for Chromium/whatever is the best fork?

Daily use is:
Vimfx
Ublock0
Gnu/pass
Greasemonkey
HTTPS everywhere

I'm just looking for something stable with a clean UI (i.e. only tabs, an address bar, and a back and menu button ideally). Which is the most stable?

Also are chromium addons still much slower than their FF equivalents because of the JS implementation or was this fixed?

Just change the value in about:config

look at the OP's image

Not true.

e10s has always been shit. i only used nightly for the dark theme. going to go back to stable now.

What the fuck is nightly?

Eich himself has various posts on the matter in his personal blog. They all corroborate Mozilla's post.

Shill harder, faggot.

Firefox is shit
>that is not enough, give me a buggy firefox

All browsers are fucking shit, that's the only truth. There is no escape.

> Using Windows
kek.

>Whoever's in control of firefox right now is intentionally tanking the browser
tfw when "Classic Theme Restorer" has 3x MORE options than FireFox itself, and am thinking this is actually true.

This still doesn't explain why some devs have outright-abandoned making their shit work with E10S

>Whoever's in control of firefox right now is intentionally tanking the browser
>intentionally tanking the browser
holy-o-fuck, that actually makes sense!
whos greasy fingers are to blame?