Disregarding refresh rate, do you prefer TN or IPS?

disregarding refresh rate, do you prefer TN or IPS?

oh my god look at that fat freaking monkey lol

ips
and everyone should be disregarding refresh rate
if you dont please go back to

the difference is no longer enough to justify TN's terrible visuals

haha ikr

It's funny to you that that monkey is going through severe depression to the point that it's eating itself to death?

His wife got eaten by a tiger and his kids blamed him for it. He tried his best to reconcile with them but still they blamed him for not doing enough. Once they grew up they left and now never call.

This is funny to you?

/thread

Whoa sorry man.... Didn't think of it that way

what's the difference between TN and IPS visuals?

his belly touches the pavement and theres fruit everywhere that hes been eating haha. one of the fruits is a durian so the fat monkey also smells like a fart

The picture on any IPS-type monitor is so much better than TN that I don't even understand why you're asking.

And IPS is the obvious choice.

Check out the prices on the latest monitors, discard everything released prior to Q1 2017. IPS panels have become really cheap and affordable. There's still plenty of IPS panels released earlier on shelves and in stock on webshops that are expensive compared to TN panels but it's changing. IPS has suddenly become the standard on new laptops too.

There's absolutely no way to justify buying a TN panel today.

I use a triple monitor setup. When you see a 1440p IPS next to two 1080p TN you're going to replace the other two pretty quickly and never go back to TN.

it's a jackfruit, not a durian. durians have a more prickly outer appearance.

that's the different res you're noticing, not the inherent difference between IPS and TN.

wow i didn't realize they looked so similar. i've only had canned jackfruit, and durian only once or twice (it's very good though)

Is there ANY advantage to TN over IPS aside from pixel response time? Maybe lack of IPS glow, but the trade offs are at least as bad if not worse.

What a cute little niglet

>not wanting a silky smooth 144hz cursor

pleb

Cheaper
And unless you're working with media content you can get used to it and not really notice the difference

IPS you faggot. Or pls same shit. I like my monitors colours to not shift if I move my head an inch. Fuckin TN and it's absolute shit viewing angles.

Mainly price. If you're a gaymer that needs 120hz+ then you'll be paying out the ass for an IPS panel, even at 1080p.

Personally I'm at the point where I'm disgusted by all LCD technology. I cannot wait until I can get an OLED in the 30-40" range with gaming features (variable refresh, HDR, etc), for a reasonable price (probably

/thread

looks shooped.

get va.
better blacks than ips, no glow and not shitty tn.

although it would be for Sup Forumstards to use TN, it is an unrelated topic to Sup Forums and must be discussed on Sup Forums

Yeah but: black crush and off-axis color shift. EVERY LCD technology has significant issues, VA is no exception.

The only ray of hope LCD has at this point is those 27" IPS FALD displays from ASUS and Acer, but I imagine those will be a last gasp before OLED takes over the high end desktop display market in a couple years.

a-alright man, I didnt know the full story,kidding,
lel fat monkey do monkey eat

oled will never enter the computer display market due to severe burn in

>severe burn in
Yeah, nah. People have been using OLED as PC displays for a few years now, and the worst I've heard of is some temporary image retention. Lifetime is still maybe an issue, however.

27" or bigger IPS 4k are still too expensive... :^( I want to replace my 3 FullHD IPS monitors with 2 4k monitors but they are like $1k each where I live.

colourshift is not that bad.
i'm not seeing any crushed blacks on my benq.
>bought ips based samshit tv to replace old va
>blacks are grey.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is this real life ?

VA
fuck IPS shit contrast and shit blacks

TN
>cheaper
>faster response times
>worse colors and contrast

IPS
>more expensive
>better colors/contrast
>slower response times

These days you can get IPS monitors with response times that rival TN monitors, but they're going to cost more.

Buying a 60Hz TN monitor these days is full retard.
Buying a 120Hz/144Hz TN monitor is still justifiable, as they will be a lot cheaper than their IPS equivalents.

Disregarding refresh rate I would take lab printed images over both.

/thread

i would push him into the water and laugh outloud

Is this the average Sup Forums user

For me, the gaming monitor is a TN 144hz 1080, cost less than 300 where as an IPS would have broke the bank. For gaming it's great, very smooth. I desire it for playing shooters. My gpu (1060) can't even do higher resolution at 144hz do it's perfect for now.

For browsing and shit it's markedly worse than the second monitor, an IPS 4k at 60hz. This one is great for everything else. Certainly does not feel like a meme going 4k. Having an IPS next to a TN makes the TN look like garbage

IPS is obviously superior

It's too bad it costs so fucking much for an IPS monitor with good features

again with the high res IPS vs low res TN comparison? why not compare a low res IPS to a high res TN, ya faggets.

This is your mom.

i prefer VA quantum dot

False dichotomy.

I prefer OLED.

UMA DELICIA...

IPS glow makes buying an ips monitor a waste. You pay like 500 bucks for a monitor with backlight bleeding and ips glow.

OLED are planned obsolescence meme.

TN are basic but cheap.

There are no great nonexpensive monitors. You have to pay thru the nose to get a good ips.

I had 1080p for both before I got the 4k and it makes the TN look like slightly less shit

>The picture on any IPS-type monitor is so much better than TN that I don't even understand why you're asking.
>
>And IPS is the obvious choice.
Not for movies. And not for games. IPS is fucking slow as shit. No gamer I know uses IPS because it's so bad.

ISP shills are the fucking worst.

VA for better contrast

>color shift
it's more like a saturation loss at an angle, much better than the brightness and color inversion of TN.
Also, VA is better for TVs than IPS

144hz 4k ips when?

the difference in response time is at most 4ms these days so it really doesn't matter if you game

thinking about that fat monkey in the water and lmaoing

OLED

Fuck 4, Assrape 3, go drinkin sake with 9.

IPS is slightly better.

Just got a LG IPS237L, the overall image quality isn't much better than my Acer XB280HK. IPS is a meme.

I did

Already on its way. Google that new ASUS ROG screen and count the 2000 euros already.

... get 0 to make me some ramen and yakisoba.

viewing angles are far superior on IPS as well.

IPS is leagues ahead of TN for general use, TN is acceptable if you are after high refresh rates for gaming.

This. I don't mind using TN as my primary screen, as I always sit directly in front of it. IPS is better for a secondary / angled / movie screen.

My laptop has a 14in 1080p 60hz IPS
coming from (desktop) 24in 1080p 144hz TN

IPS crushes TN in pretty much every aspect besides refreshrate/price

The IPS looks fantastic in games/movies too

IPS for viewing angles.

Drooling over the panel type is pleb shit.

>IPS glow makes buying an ips monitor a waste. You pay like 500 bucks for a monitor with backlight bleeding and ips glow.

maybe if you are a full brightness fag. I have my IPS at 10 brightness and no bleeding, and it's plenty bright enough to use

This monkey look like he ready to do a fresh arch install.