pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Never ever coming back)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aKKEeVcvap4
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-art-cherry-mx-keycaps.html
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-text-cherry-mx-keycaps.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2339
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how are those royal glam ebony+resin rests? looking pretty neat

Ducky boys WW@?

that palm rest is giving me autism

>Input Club K-Type
this thing is so fucking dumb

More like geekhack is the one that's screeching

so when are topre fags gonna leave and start a rubber dome general?

so when is Chang going to drop pok3r non-rgb?

youtube.com/watch?v=aKKEeVcvap4

this is how it's done

keyboard flat on desk, not with the fucking feet folded out, and spacebar flipped

Well yes I can

Sounds like rubber dome

it is rubber dome

hovering your hands is really uncomfortable

Hows the Zowie?

>it is rubber dome
Why would you pay extra for that?

autism

silky smooth

Nth for 75%

(N+1)th for 75%

What happened to the spacebar?

it's flipped

reddit happened

but why

explain this choice

Its the new standard. Almost all sets come with flipped space bars now

the bottom row is staggered for non-thumb fingers

see , flipped spacebar works better for thumbs if you have the keyboard flat on the table and you don't use super high wrist/elbow rests or someshit

Right, now that you mention it, my thumb always hits the edge of the spacebar. If it was angled and flipped, it would hit the flat surface isntead.
Still looks retarded though.

PICK UP YOUR FUCKING WRISTS AND YOUR THUMBS WILL HIT THE TOP

REEEEEEEEE

Anens i have a very old keyboard with aristotle switches (eartly 90s). Should i try Zealio/Gateron mod with them ? Also 2 keys even though they seem to click they dont register. What is probably wrong ?

it's broke fami

it does that sometimes from time to time. For example the o letter has this problem but i type normally now and it registers fine. But in 2-3 days it might do that again.

is it just me or does massdrop have too many overpriced memes. how about some motherfucking beamspring keyboard, something that isn't readily available for china for a fraction of the assdrop price

they started being overpriced as shit a while ago
they also pander to the typical american redditor who buys completely superfluous shit just because it's supposedly good quality even though he doesn't need it at all like tech umbrellas, novelty key systems, novelty wallets, or $140 ABS keycap sets

blame reddit for all things being ruined

because it's a better rubber dome

75% reporting

How can I fix a squeaky spacebar?

what board?

lube

l-lewd

just lube the stabilizers and thats it?

it's a poker 3 btw

cherry keycap compatible beam spring clones when?

only in our dreams

ALU84

Ugly keyboard

I fell for the TLK meme and would like a non mechanical standard layout USB numpad. Any place that sells them for a reasonable price? Everywhere I look is selling non standard numpads.

Its for handlets. If you have small hands your thumb will have trouble reaching down that far

Amazon has hundreds, but if you want to go directly to meme status you could get a Ducky Pocket.

I thought that was a MAGA hat.

Where can I get a MAGA escape key?

@60279820
>I thought that was a MAGA hat.

wew ain't you an illiterate dickhead

chyna, but maxkey uses laser filling so don't expect it to last a long time.

wasd keyboards?

get over yourself snowflake

#MAGA keycap group buy when?

You can get Lenin/Communist keycaps, so I don't see why not MAGA

?????

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-art-cherry-mx-keycaps.html

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-text-cherry-mx-keycaps.html

>WASD
Might as well just buy a blank keycap for 50 cents then write MAGA with a permanent sharpie.

They're that bad? Never ordered from them before.

They used to use laser filling, which would last 6 months to a year, but apparently their new method lasts twice as long. Even then that isn't all that great.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2339

would this be a good wrist rest?

>wrist rest
>good
No such thing exists. Unless your version of good is that it will give you RSI faster, in which case go for it.

AYY my VA68M came in today! Pretty nice board, but man does it have some glaring oversights in the firmware and lighting department.

>Amazon has hundreds
None of which are standard layout, including what you just posted, short of paying $60 for a memechanical numpad.

U sure. I see hundreds

palm rest then, how ever you use the damn thing correctly. I'm just tired of my wrists touching the edge of the desk

>no right shift

the caps on it now are just placeholders, I'm missing the main right-hand side keys I need like 1.75u shift, 1u Alt, Fn, Ctrl etc..

About to bust out the solder sucker and iron to switch this board to MX Clears

Where can I buy a set of stabilizers? It doesn't matter if they're cherry or costar. Also, I'm in the US and would prefer to not have to order from China, but I will if that's the only choice.

First time I've seen a board where the num lock key seems to make sense (I'm assuming it switches between the arrow keys acting as arrows and numbers). Looks pretty good honestly.

On another note, hopefully the chinese can figure out how to make backlit PBT in a few years in a way that doesn't suck. Backlighting's nice, but I'd give it up for better texture any day.

Set I got on are PBT double shot from China. Seem to be about the same quality as Ducky PBT caps. They go for 30 bucks off ebay.

Ahaha that's u/ChucklingKumquat an online personality at /r/mechanical keyboards and one of the funniest dudes around. Met him at a keeb Reddit meet up. Great guy.

And, adding to this, I'd actually slightly prefer costar stabilizers, since I'll need to be able to hack them apart somehow so I can mount them in a 5mm acrylic plate. I think I'll have better luck with this with Costar stabilizers, since their "base" part is simpler. However, I only see cherry stabilizers even on aliexpress.

I would call you a faggot for being on reddit, but all you did was say something nice about someone else so that makes me feel oddly conflicted

Dude you met him? He's an absolute legend! He does the best YouTube mech keeb switch reviews.

fucken kek, could have guessed really

>fuck off

>keeb Reddit meet up

Well done, you're officially more of a faggot than the gunfag

Fucking keeb Reddit meet up? How can you not call this faggot a faggot, you faggot?

posting industrial goodness

>how can you not call this faggot a faggot
But there's nothing wrong with keyboards, and even /k/ occasionally holds meetups (but I don't know how popular they are). So the only issue with that guy is reddit, which is definitely for faggots

My e-element z-88 got lost in transit so I looking for an alternative. I already have a pack of gateron red smd in my possession but I need to find a keyboard to put them on.

I'm looking for:

>Budget can go up to 150$
>75-80%
>floating key design
>swappable switches style
>rgb backlighting

cheers

>keeb Reddit meet up

Winkeyless has one that meets your requirments

>topre

>cherry mx

I'm fairly sure I've only ever used right shift while typing one-handed or testing key rollover. I should remap it

Hey man you're the guy that linked me my current keycaps I thiink. I posted a couple pics and opinions like 3 or 4 threads ago. They're really good for the money. I want the ones in your picture with the white legends next I think.
Really nice, I love the boards that are bezel-less with just the plate like that and the cable looks good. The mixed up keycaps are triggering me a bit but I don't have great taste.

Anyway, Coolermaster just announced this board. It uses some weird switch but the important thing is no branding except on the keycaps. I know most of us dislike big brands like corsair, cooler master, razer, etc but this is a really nice board for a big brand. I hope it starts a trend because I would have no problem buying it. Do you guys think it's nice?

My old piece of junk (acer ku-0420) just broke and I figured I should move to mechanicals. What would be a good one for someone moving to mechanicals from old flat keyboards? I don't care about LEDs or loud buttons, though some kind of volume control keys would be amazing.

Well, I cloud mention 100 keyboards you might like. Why not go over to amazon or whatever site you like, pick a few models in your price range, then come back and ask about them?
Plenty of boards under $50 these days. Blue switches are clicky, red switches aren't.

That's the problem I have, there's too much to choose from. Feels overwhelming. Gonna keep looking, limiting to red switches should help.

>those red keys
>qwer
More like queer.

What's quietest keyboard I can buy? Videos don't differentiate sounds enough between switches for me. Also, are there keyboards that come with the o-rings already put on?

I understand.
On US amazon specifically some good models would be the DREVO 84, MechanicalEagle Z-77, and of course anything by Qisan.

it seems that all their kits require pcb mounted switches and it seems that the backlighting isn't on the pcb itself so my smd switches would be useless . My gaterons are also plate mounted sooo I would need to buy new switches.

What to do

Give up on tacky RGB backlighting

Those seem pretty good, gonna look into them more. Thank you.

You can totally stick a PCB to the back of some switches while they're mounted on a plate, as long as the plate's flat. Just stick the switches in the plate before soldering the PCB, obviously.

Call me a retard for this. But what keyboard is that?

>my smd switches would be useless
Do you know what smd means? Cause I don't think you do. Smd means surface mounted diodes, or LEds mounted on a PCB.

He's talking about 3-pin and 5-pin switches, which most of the western mech community have taken to calling "plate mount" and "PCB mount" switches respectively, despite the fact that you can use each switch for either. The only thing ever preventing you from using 5-pin switches is PCBs without the holes for the two extra anchoring pins.

yes I know that. I was a bit wrong with my wording but the thing is that I want led on the pcb to uethe full potential of my switches. I dont like led on swtiches since the light isn't diffused enough.