Did Sup Forums ever mention Dell Inspiron 7567 ?

Sup Sup Forums, I was looking for a light-gaming laptop with comfy screen and decent keyboard for coding. Before you ask, I can't find fair deals on second hand thinkpads in my country, so I came across to this laptop. What's your ideas on it? Here's a quick rundown from some random website:
Pros
>+Overall good build quality and tasteful design
>+Good touchpad
>+Super easy maintenance
>+Efficient cooling system (GPU-focused)
>+Outstanding battery life
>+The screen doesn’t use PWM above 55 cd/m2 brightness
>+Good price/performance ratio (applies to most regions)
Cons
>-Flimsy lid with thick and sharp screen bezels
Lackluster TN display
>-The screen uses PWM from 0 to 99% screen brightness (the Health-Guard profile fixes that)
>-The keyboard isn’t exactly gaming-oriented
>-Low CPU frequency target under heavy load
>-Lacks USB-C 3.1 (Gen 1) connector

What was Dell thinking when planting the worst TN panel on such an impressive laptop's face? Later on, they introduced IPS options (hd and 4k) but unfortunately a lot of countries don't have that option besides USA.
I really like the easy one-screw disassembly, dualfans and light built-in subwoofer, but the TN panel is just bullshit. I see that there are ways to replace the TN panel with an IPS on youtube vids, but why would I want to mod a freshly bought device? Wouldn't that void the warranty?
vid related: youtube.com/watch?v=uP0jl_TdFsA&t=0s

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.nl/itm/122339145176?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
youtube.com/watch?v=T5P6Xq0AYvo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks good. anyone know how are the hinges?

The 1080p display is TN too?

dell site says that the 1080p display is ips

there are both TN and IPS options as 1080p panels, you have to be careful with what you pick.

i have it's predecessor the 7559 it has a ips display, it's still not great there's some edge light bleed. overall it's taken the year and a half i've used it well.

That is a very similar model of Inspiron to the one I'm using, and I like the points you made.
Personally I would go ahead with a DIY screen replacing, maybe taking pictures of the process as reference, Dell laptops are made to be serviced by humans, it won't be stupidly complicated.
Anyway, I'll digress, I only ever bought my model of Inspiron, a 17 5000 series, because I wanted something 17 inches and that doesn't have any issues with installing linux. The 1050 would be good if you have specific games in mind, it is definitely not for me though, I'm okay with how efficient and handy the intel gfx is lately. I can say that the keyboard is only semi-decent for typing.
If I had your goals in mind, I would go a bit beefier. 17 inches, good cooling system like you mentioned, and proper graphics -such as a 1050 Ti, at least- so that there is headroom in the graphics to -not- heat up from the usual 55 Chrome tabs + Steam.
>it has a ips display, it's still not great there's some edge light bleed.
Well that's frustrating to hear

XPS is good, but there has been so much put into it for "muh thinness," and that makes it overly expensive.

Higher-end Inspirons seem to hit a good compromise spot.

frustrating to know that the option for an IPS display wouldn't really solve all of the problems you get from the normal TN display, I mean.

I was literally about to make a thread about this.

On paper and on most reviews it seem flawless (for it's price). Is there anything noticeably bad with this laptop, beside the TN panel?

>Well that's frustrating to hear

yeah it's not that big of an issue for me it's only noticeable when there's dark images on the screen, even then i have my brightness turned well down and it helps some.

>>-The keyboard isn’t exactly gaming-oriented
Anyone with more info about this? After my traumatic experience with hp pavillion keyboards I'm not taking chances.

literally no laptop without a trackpoint is worth even looking at.

as i said i have the 7559 i5/960m it's fairly nice plays most modern aaa titles at mid settings. it puts out a lot of heat, the fans are kind of loud so use headphones.

if i was going for the newer inspirons i would go for the 1050ti not the base 1050

the keyboard isn't an experience to write home about, but i haven't had an issue gaming on it. it's a standard ansi laptop layout

Panel can be changed easily. Whats stopping you?
ebay.nl/itm/122339145176?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I wish Sup Forums had a clause in rules where gaming questions either go to /adv/ or Sup Forums. Consumer fucking morons, go read a review.

op here,
some users in turkey report rattling touchpads, but i'm sure they're just faulty products:
youtube.com/watch?v=T5P6Xq0AYvo
some dude on a random forum returned it because the keyboard didn't meet his expectations.. others find it decent, i personally prefer red backlit keys instead of rgb gaymen colors. i wonder how it feels like when typing..
seriously, why are new business laptops so fkin expensive, i just wanted a new thinkpad.. without a discrete gpu or any gimmicks, they shouldn't cost this much.. at least in my country.

i wish sperglords would just stick to their archlinux and amd threads and not bitch about stupid shit.

Read the fucking sticky

report the thread if you think it violates the rules, otherwise get the fuck over yourself.

this thread is no different than the billion chinkpad threads and the word gaming doesn't negate technology you insufferable dunce.

A PS4 Pro would be a better gaming machine

You can't game on an external monitor so you are stuck with the shitty TN display

that's the newest one 2017 version? so fugly wtf are u doing dell...

Yes, it is.

I like it, I recently ordered one with the 1050ti and Im thiking i will be doing the ips panel change myself.

How does the keyboard feel? I hate soft, spongy, short travel keyboards.

is the keyboard comfy enough for coding and shitposting bruh? do you think replacing ips panel voids the warranty? i hear dell service changes the panel to IPS for 50bucks, but it should depend on country.. I really need IPS because ppl in office often needs to see my screen properly from sides, theyre just telling me to buy macbook pro but shit too expensive for what it is, also cba getting used to it..

meh just put the original panel in if you have to send it back for service.

i know on the previous model it is spongy and short travel, has stronger rubber domes that feel kind of spongy as shit. on par with every other laptop keyboard ever.

Keyboard is fine for me, but nothing special same as any laptop keyboard
No, only thing that happens is they'll replace anything except the screen, or you could always put the old screen back in before sending it in, also this laptop is super easy to open anyway.

Looks better than other gaming laptop

has a hdmi port.