MATLAB/FREEMAT

Why do I need learn this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Transformation_(book),
youtu.be/em0FY9JDrJI?t=2h8m31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You choose to do so. So shut up and swallow

No. I have to learn this shit on my college...

It was your choice to go to that college.

MATLAB is mostly idiot proof.

if you dont use it on other classes, you probably are on shit tier college.

I use it on math, mechanical engineering, electrotechnic, computer science, automatics and others

Yeah... It's for Introduction to Computer Science. Soon, I'll learn R, too. For statistics.
But, I like C, and a little bit of Python.

I DON'T WANNA LEARN THIS SHIT!

you know that nasa, boeing and others make calculation in matlab?
how you want to be engeenier without some more powerful calculator

Fuck NASA!
Fuck this others companies!
I was so happy yesterday. But now...
I'll try to make my job, anyway...

>shit
Why? Being idiot proof makes it better than anything else

>uni does not offer matlab licenses
>teacher will use octave instead

Fugg

I'm wasting my time...

piratebay?

clear all; clc; close;
%4. wczytanie pliku
[x,y]=textread('d220.txt','%f %f');
a=min(x);
b=max(x);

%5.1 dobór wielomianu stopnia n
n=6;
p=polyfit(x,y,n)

%5.2 prezentacja wielomianu
x1=a:0.001:b;
y1=0;
for m=1:n+1
y1=y1+p(m)*x1.^(n-m+1);
end
figure (1);
plot(x,y,'k o',x1,y1,'-','Linewidth',2)
xlabel('x');ylabel('y');grid on;
legend ('zadane punkty','wielomian aproksymacyjny','Location','SouthWest');
title('Zadanie 5: dopasowanie wielomianu aproksymacyjnego');

%5.3 analiza błędu dopasowania
wynik=0;
for m=1:n+1
wynik=wynik+p(m)*x.^(n-m+1);
end
blad=abs(y-wynik);
max_blad_dopasowania=max(blad)

%6. miejsca zerowe
m_zerowe=roots(p);
w=1;
for j = 1:n
if (m_zerowe(j)>=a && m_zerowe(j)

you dont, learn R instead, much more useful
matlab and simulink are shit

Yeah, but it will be pretty useless at intro to CS class that I'm into

Maybe later I'll download and learn to use it

>Introduction to X
>hurrr why is I has to learn dis? iz no fair
MATLAB is love, MATLAB is life. You will understand in a semester or two...

... or two...
LOL

I can't fight against this shit... Better start learning fast!

learn fast*

Except when you somehow manage to fill your whole RAM using a loop, causing the PC to become unusable. Whoops.

because everyone else uses it

atleast it's not python

Suck It up faggot. It's a very powerful tool that I used for more than half of my damn degree. Every course involving signal or image processing gave us HW using Matlab, plus it can be useful to solving some nasty equations iterativly. Their wiki/help Center is very helpful.
Somewhat big community.

Have you bought it?

This shit is expensive...
Can I use FREEMAT for everything?

Why not use what the teacher uses? Makes no sense really

Yeah, I'm using octave
But I would like to use matlab instead

I'm done... The manual book have 2,500 pages!

Hell no. Our faculty computer all have them but I usually just pirated it. Recently my institute got a license agreement with Mathworks so every student now has access to an official license (too bad they remembered about it in my last semester).

Matlab is useful for what kind of shit?

I don't know. Use Python if you don't feel like it.

Also, AVOID For-loops. VECTORIZE, ALWAYS. I've also found that figures and plots work best when saved as .pdf if you want to import into LaTeX, but I'm sure there is an even better way.

You r a whiney baby knkw it all who clearly doesnt know it all. Fag

I've used it through all of my bachelors and most of my masters degree, in engineering physics and machine learning respectively.

Also generally, it's easy to prototype and test code before implementing it for real.

>Matlab

Because it's so fucking useful as a calculator for all your homework assignments. You'll never go back to calculators ever again.

>Protip: Save all the physical constants as a .mat file and you'll never have to type them in again

>FreeMat
>License GPL, older: MIT

And they just had to fuck it up with communism

>Because it's so fucking useful as a calculator for all your homework assignments. You'll never go back to calculators ever again.
At that point why not use Maxima?

>I don't wanna learn

Feel free to join the unemployed then and live a pauper's life for the rest of your existence. Education is a gift, treasure it.

Matlab/Octave are great.

fuck off Sup Forums

Matlab is the most disgusting shit ever.
I don't even like Python, but Scipy, Mathpy, and pandas are vastly superior.
Or just use FORTRAN.

>1 indexed arrays
I almost threw up when I started learning matlab and found that out. I just wanna use python, why must my profs shove this proprietary shit down my throat?

GPL is fucking communism. MIT/BSD is freedom like do whatever you fucking want.

It's good because it has a lot of functions for calculus and high end math things which will make your life easier if you need to use them. If you don't have to use a lot of math then you shouldn't use it.

>using a loop
>in matlab

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Accept rapefugees or face Merkel's army.

Pirate it.

The best thing about MATLAB is also the worst thing about MATLAB.

It's "super powerful" and easy for prototyping, which means that a lot of people that are actually unable to program have probably contributed to the codebase that you have to use.

Some of the worst code I've seen in my life was MATLAB Code. It's even worse than python in that regard.

Really? I use a Casio calculator. Why matlab is better?
I mean, I have to code the homework solution, right?

> GPL is fucking communism.
tfw communism is still a scareword for ameritards

Why Matlab and not Maxima? Seriously

Opensource is not communism, Jesus a capitalist society necessitates free flow of ideas and information. Being able to do this outside of other peoples interests aids this. You can fuck off with your sunk cost bullshit ideology. Take a swan dive off a bridge you recursive double faggot.

You seem mad, take a pill, you are spilling nonsense my friend.

The other poster is right, you must abandon all scarewords.

Yes I am mad, GPL is not communism.

As far as I know matlab is not even a full CAS

> Opensource is not communism
Correct. On the other hand GPL has communist elements in it, because it creates non-profit circuit inside the capitalist society which allows people to step out market relations at least in some part of their life.
> a capitalist society necessitates free flow of ideas and information
Wrong. Capitalist mode of production enforces property relations wherever it can, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Transformation_(book), even in the areas where there are literally no scarcity, like the fucking IP, or patents, or scientific publishing.

>creates non-profit circuit inside the capitalist society
Nope, everybody can profit from GPL, and I mean everybody. Even is a non-profit made something with the code someone else can take that code, improve it and make money.

This is not just free as in freedom, this is "free as in free market".

Communism is about Commons. GPL takes any piece of code and puts into commons from which it can never be transferred back to the market: youtu.be/em0FY9JDrJI?t=2h8m31s This forever removes the market element -- articial scarcity and exclusion -- from it and leaves someone only ability to sell some services, like support and maintenance, but not the access.

You tell them comrade. Americans are like Nazis, afraid of a few dozen million dying at gulags here and there. Such capitalist scum. And always afraid of the starving as well. Much trash.

It's only "free" and "open" if you join the collectivist commune.

>can be freely distributed and sold in the market
>"no, is removed from the market"
>"because I say so"

Funny you saying that because people were industrially exterminated only in capitalist countries like Nazi Germany.
Yes, you have to join the collectivist commune to access wikipedia and linux.

>GPL takes any piece of code and puts into commons from which it can never be transferred back to the market

I can't believe so many autists fall for this bullshit. Code doesn't magically disappear off the face of the internet just because someone later copied it and put it in a close source program. The original code is still out there for anyone else to use. What GPL does is RESTRICT ~MY~ FREEDOM to do whatever I want with MY OWN CODE that is added in addition to the "free" code. If you want to work for free, that is fine. BUT it is Communism to demand everyone else does things the same exact way (equality of results).

>This forever removes the market element

There's nothing stopping people from selling GPL code. Idiots will buy anything.

>Funny you saying that because people were industrially exterminated only in capitalist countries like Nazi Germany.

Read a history book.

>What GPL does is RESTRICT ~MY~ FREEDOM to do whatever I want with MY OWN CODE that is added in addition to the "free" code
GPL prevents you to close the source of your program, or letting others do the same; which is against freedom.

FUCK OFF, M**t SHILL

Because you are speaking in the abstract which is of no interest. For the concrete subjects of capitalist social relationships the wikipedia pages (which you can sell), or gpl code (which you can sell) or air (which you can sell) are not acquired via market exchange, which means they are not, effectively, a commodities, but just use-values

You imply being in favor of programmers don't work for free and software shouldn't have restrictions. Which is nice and all if you weren't promoting cancerous license like MIT or BSD which are the the most filthy tricks to work for free for someone else.

Take your self-righteous speak up your ass you fucking trickster.

>posts propaganda
Why haven't you done that?

>~MY~ FREEDOM to do whatever I want with MY OWN CODE that is added in addition to the "free" code
Yes, you can't use my code to do shitty things, that's the point. You can't capitalize on my labour for free, for instance.
>BUT it is Communism to demand everyone else does things the same exact way (equality of results).
Communism, also known as The Law.

Are you counting famine? Because capitalism didn't make any apocalyptic scale famine right?

Jesus, no infograph is safe with you people, you dare to anything

>Memes idiots repeat:
GPL is free as in freedom
Java is portable
C++ is slow
C is coding with the raw circuitry
Islam is the religion of peace
Games make kids shoot up their schools
If you have nothing to hide, why need privacy
Vaccines cause autism

>You can't capitalize on my labour for free

Yes you can. There's nothing in GPL that stops people from selling your code.

fuck off, you are way too much into derailing this thread retard

You dont. Even my numerical analysis prof let us do our assignments in python. It's a fucking meme, don't fall for it.

I had to study Simulink for Control theory in the Uni, I don't know if there are powerful alternatives. If you need vector algebra you'd better using R and Python.
We've been over that. He can't use my code as a part of a closed solution, which is enough for now. He can't use my code as part of Windows and then sell it to me.

He's not selling your code. He's selling his own code.

>We've been over that. He can't use my code as a part of a closed solution, which is enough for now. He can't use my code as part of Windows and then sell it to me.

>Sup Forums teaches a man to fish for free
>He uses that knowledge to fish for fishes
>He then sells them to you
>Sup Forums: ZOMG you stole dem fishes!!! Gib me dat 4 free!!

just fuck off would you

R and python is the masterrace for getting employed as not a codemonkey who actually does research and solves problems.

t. quant

Not until GPL is dead.

Section 6 is ugly and you used a for loop for what should be a one liner.

m_zerowew = m_zerowe(find(m_zerowe>=a && m_zerowe

The 1 index takes getting used to. Iirc it was carried from when MATLAB was written in FORTRAN and has been carried along. While it's annoying for CS-types, math people are used to it.

Not like the famine in capitalist venezuela and dprk.

Oh, you mean the one the CIA is pulling out, or is the food suddenly vanishing into thin air?

Because Maxima doesn't have a Simulink alternative.

Because you are probably learning engineering or scientific computing, albeit Python and R are pretty much better at it if you can't afford learning C or Haskell properly. MATLAB/Octave/Scilab is standard for engineering stuff, however Python and R cover a wider scope of problems by their huge availability of libraries.

>conspiracy theories

>what is red scare
fuck off

R is horrible and scipy is an ugly hack.

the problem here is not the conspiracy theory itself but that you're using conspiracy theories as a cheap cop out

do you look in the mirror? seriously, fuck off

Why do you think R is horrible? More than python?

>no more arguments

do any of the cracked versions work?

Yes.

A visual aide? Seriously that is all? Not saying it isn't a valid answer but if that is the case might as well give Maxima a look.

This was the most pointless shit I had to do in college. I still don't see the point in learning it.

Most people never learn coding until they get to college.

I'm required to use SciLab for my course, god it's so fucking tedious
it's literally a gui on top of wrapper