Which linux distro do linux developers use?

Which linux distro do linux developers use?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this image

jesus christ man you had to remind us of this story didnt you

life blows.

What developers?

listen here you dumb shit

it doesn't really matter what fucking distro you use

literally any well known distro allows you to develop using it

if you like your shit never ever breaking but being a little dated you can go with debian

if you like your shit as new as it can but it may or may not break go with arch

if you like a nice middle point go with ubuntu, mint or opensuse

all of them have the necessary IDEs and shit you need unless you need some windows or osx shit in which case none of them have it

autism

Is this the guy who got his face eaten by that chink or something?

yep

Macos funnily enough

Double Linux

r

e

d

d

i

t

:

^

)

Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, CentOS

Which linux distro do developers use ?
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>
>Is this the guy who got his face eaten by that chink or something?

What the fuck? Story?

Dude from Florida (of course) took a bunch of bath salts and ate that guy's face off

do go on

knew i recognized him, holy shit that case was fucked up

No, it happened on a greyhound bus in Canada

>ywn go insane from being a code monkey
good feel

>According to witnesses, McLean was sleeping with his headphones on when the man sitting next to him suddenly produced a large knife and began stabbing McLean in the neck and chest.
>The bus driver pulled to the side of the road so that he and all the other passengers could exit the vehicle.
>The attacker then decapitated McLean and displayed his severed head to other passengers standing outside.
>The driver and two other men had attempted to rescue McLean but were chased away by Li, who slashed at them from behind the locked bus doors.
>Li then went back to McLean's body and began severing other parts and consuming some of his victim's flesh.

what the fuck man

That was another case. He ate off the face of a homeless guy.

>was found not to be criminally responsible for murder and was remanded to a high-security mental health facility in Selkirk, Manitoba, where he was detained until his release on May 8, 2015.[1][3]
>was found not to be criminally responsible for murder
>until his release on May 8, 2015
>HIS RELEASE

Kill your enemies and they win.

yeah i dont know what the fuck man

dude should've been locked up and the key thrown away

Windows 10

>"police were in a standoff with the suspect"
>"SUSPECT"

Why the fuck do they use the word "suspect", rather than "perpetrator"?

At the time, he was a suspect.

He stabbed him to death in front of everyone on the bus. The driver stopped and everyone else got off of the bus so he held the guys head up to the window to show everyone while he "defiled" it. There was no question about if he was the one who killed him.

Yeah, but he still hadn't been convicted of a crime at that point, so I think it's standard journalistic practice to refer to them as the "suspect" or "alleged" killer

Right, but everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Even people who stab and eat someone in front of onlookers. If you don't operate under this assumption it will have very ill effects on the justice system. You do not want to tread that path, even if your emotional response is to make exceptions for people who are "very obviously" guilty.

>The psychiatrist said that Li performed the attack because God's voice told him McLean was a force of evil and was about to execute him. The presiding judge, John Scurfield, accepted the diagnosis, and ruled that Li was not criminally responsible for the killing.[1] Li was remanded to the Selkirk Mental Health Centre.[21]
>On July 17, 2014, the Toronto Sun reported that one of the first officers on the scene, Cpl. Ken Barker, an RCMP officer, had committed suicide.[33] The family stated in his obituary that he was suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder.[34]
>On February 10, 2017, the Manitoba Criminal Code Review Board ordered Li be discharged. Li was granted an absolute discharge. There will be no legal obligations or restrictions pertaining to Li's independent living.[38][39]

OS X

what the FUCK canada

Ubuntu
Fedora
RHEL

in that order.

All other responses are meme-tier.

In many states, you can legally shoot someone who trespasses on your property, without the need to "prove him guilty" beforehand. Meanwhile, by the logic you presented, firearms should never ever be used against anyone because "hurr he's not been proven guilty in court", and "suspects" who cannot be apprehended without being harmed or killed should just be let go.

That's not even remotely the same as what we're talking about.

>opposing systemd is "meme-tier"

>this strawman
holy shit lol

how do you logically go from one thing to another

Yea, sure it isn't lol. In Texas you can lawfully shoot a trespasser, while in Canada someone who murdered and cannibalized a person in front of a busful of people is a "suspect" until "proven guilty".

>the canuck cuck cops didn't even try to storm the bus to get him, but just sat there until he himself decided to try to escape through a window

>In an interview, Li spoke for the first time, saying that he began hearing "the voice of God" in 2004 and that he wanted to save the people from an alien attack.[31]
In north america, you can get away with murder by pretending to hear aliens

Correct.

Because? Poettering said so?

nah, chinka woulda got life here, and death in some southern states

what about fedora?

canada are you for real

>photo of screen
>other people are autistic
Didn't I have you filtered?

dude was chillin on a bus, an asian get inside, sit next to him and proceed to kill him and eat him. Chink is free now.

BTW, they are canadians.

>On July 17, 2014, the Toronto Sun reported that one of the first officers on the scene, Cpl. Ken Barker, an RCMP officer, had committed suicide.[33] The family stated in his obituary that he was suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder.[34]

What a pussy. He shouldn't have become a police officer.

Newfag here. Explain?

It's summer

You ever get the feeling that you're one of the few sane people left in a world gone insane?

I use Manjaro.
I'm a Java,NodeJs and Python developer.

osx

>On February 10, 2017, the Manitoba Criminal Code Review Board ordered Li be discharged. Li was granted an absolute discharge. There will be no legal obligations or restrictions pertaining to Li's independent living

MFW this guy is free right now living like a normal person except he literally ate human organs and decapitated someone on a Greyhound bus.

What the actual fuck Canada

Get me out of this country, a 1060 6GB is like $330 plus $40 of tax.

Fedora and Debian are insanely popular with Kernel devs.

Windows and bash on Windows

You do know it's fake, right?

Look at the photo again.
I never took the photo, I just edited it.

I run RHEL at work. Fedora at home.

This is pretty typical here in leafland. This case is only notable because of the horrific circumstances.

Leafs are too pussy to do any vigilantism.

Christ, that fucking nutjob chopped off a guys head, and began to eat him, and the Canadian cucks only gave him 7 fucking years in a cushy mental home.

Now, the sick fuck is free, walking around Canadian idiots.

Fucker should have gotten the death penalty.

Personal preference

The hypocrisy of cuntries such as Canada is off the charts.

They try to present themselves as an enlightened, lenient Nation, and go out of their way to "save the life" of a temporarily misguided human who viciously kills someone. Yet, Canada has no problem being one of the world's largest exporter of military arms, which kills thousands every year.

>this pic again
god damn it dude, why

Sup Forums please go.