I'm considering making the switch from Android to an iPhone

I'm considering making the switch from Android to an iPhone.

What are some reasons not to?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3t-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.475142/
tomsguide.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s8-guide,review-4330-3.html
itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-chan/id1199453022?mt=8
images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iOS10.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't switch to the iPhone if you're an autist. It won't make you fit in.

Don't switch to the iPhone if you think C is a good language, because you're too big of an idiot to appreciate nice things.

I don't care about fitting in, that's not my objective by getting any phone. The language it's software is written in means crackers to me too.

I just want to do my thing on a nice phone that runs well.

I have both an Android Phone and an iOS tablet. It's not really that much better.

All the Apple Apps are fucking garbage and you can't hide them, you can only put them in a folder since there's no home screen/all apps separation like there is on Android.

The lack of a dedicated back button will drive you insane.

Siri is fucking trash compared to OK Google and it resorts to Bing searches if it doesn't understand you. You can't change the search engine. You can install the Google Search app, but you can't make a long-press open it, and it has limited access to everything else.

The App Store really isn't all that much greener on the other side - I've lost count of how many apps I've lost access to because an iOS update broke it and the devs refused to update, or have become crashy unusable messes with deprecation warning messages.

Safari is the Internet Explorer of mobile, and nobody else is allowed to have a better HTML renderer. All of the alternative browser just wrap Safari's webview.

Sounds like you already made up your mind. Just switch, I still prefer android though and used an iPhone for a long time.

> I just want to do my thing on a nice phone that runs well.

That was all I wanted as well. If you don't care about sideloading or such than don't listen to most of Sup Forums, you'll be happier with an iPhone. I know I was, my SE is one of the best phones I've owned.

Keep in mind that you'll need to use things like iCloud on a basic level as well, though I mostly ignore it and just use it for phone backups.

If you get one and your bank supports it, look into Apple Pay, it's pretty great and all the recent iPhones support it.

>and you can't hide them
Delete what you don't want and redownload later if needed. Most of them are pretty good, but they're not all useful to everyone.

>The lack of a dedicated back button will drive you insane.
Nope. Apps are designed this in mind and you don't need one. I've not missed it at all since switching. If anything it's better not to have it because it's usage is inconsistent as fuck on android.

>Siri is fucking trash compared
True.

>All of the alternative browser just wrap Safari's webview.
It's just webkit, everything works with webkit/blink these days because it's what everyone uses.

Continued from Also, Apple's voice-to-text dictation is the fucking worst, and although you can install Google's keyboard which supports Google dictation, it requires a context switch to actually do dictation and it doesn't work half the time, unlike on Android where it just works with no problems.

The one thing I am happy with on the iPad is the battery life - but I've never used an android tablet so I don't know how power hungry they are in comparison.

In short: you'll have a ton of useful features missing and will be forced to use lagtunes to get full access to youe iPhone.

Things like opening webms in a dedicayed Sup Forums app immediately, torrenting shit and streaming it immediately, browsing shit through a file browser, ect will be gone.

As someone who used to own an iPhone 6 Plus before it died of touch disease despite getting an otterbox because of bendgate: I highly recommend you stay away from iPhones.

Get a oneplus 3T if you want something good, it's inexpenaive and is even faster than the iPhone 7 plus in both sustained performance and charging speed (60% in 30 minutes).

>Delete what you don't want and redownload later if needed. Most of them are pretty good, but they're not all useful to everyone.
That's the thing, you can't delete most of them. I have a full page worth of undeletable apple applications.

>Apps are designed this in mind and you don't need one
It is true that apps are "designed" with it in mind, insofar that there is a way to back out of a screen out of necessity. But there is no consistency to its placement or look. Sometimes it's in the top left, sometimes it's in the top right, sometimes it's an arrow, sometimes it's a text label, and of course there are the exceptions to the rules that place it in odd corners. I've had an iPad foralmost a year, it's horrible.

To be fair, it might be a much worse problem on a tablet, which has a much bigger screen.

>It's just webkit
I don't want "just webkit". Firefox on iOS doesn't support addons like HTTPS everywhere like it does on Android, for example.

>those hands
Pajeet...

>opening webms

This is one of the only sites that people regularly use webms.

>browsing shit through a file browser
It's a phone, not a fucking desktop. All you need to see are your photos and videos, neither of which need a full file browser.>To be fair, it might be a much worse problem on a tablet
Have an iPad and can confirm this is why.

>>This is one of the only sites that people regularly use webms.

that doesn't really matter, it has first party browser support on all major browsers and it's an arbitrarily poorly implemented feature

> It's a phone, not a fucking desktop. All you need to see are your photos and videos, neither of which need a full file browser.

i cant believe youre actually arguing against more control on your device because of how it's marketed, it's a computer with phone capabilities not strictly a phone

Side loading, file browsers, torrents, etc. are all shit I never use. I only use a select few apps, though I use my phone a lot, and they're all on iOS.

For me I guess I just want to get rid of the choices. I don't want to spend all this effort anymore deciding what Android phone to get, what ROM to use, what launcher, how to set up my home screen, etc. iPhone is one thing, it has a layout that works and that's the only layout. Seems easier.

>What are some reasons not to?
You're going to pay more for mediocre hardware and a locked down system with less features than Android.

Webm support and being locked into iTunes are the two killers for me. Otherwise I would switch pretty easily, because I want a new phone and they have better case markets.

You're on Sup Forums you dumbfuck.

Yeah it's just a phone but is that a justification to get less and pay more?

Oneplus 3T: $450
>high res 1080p screen
>6GB RAM
>128 GB internal
>charges to 60% in 30 minutes
>faster sustained performance

iPhone 7: $700
>low res 720p screen
>2GB RAM
>32GB internal
>charges to 20% in 30 minutes
>lower sustained performamce

iPhone 7 is fine just don't get the Plus.

iPhone 7 Plus has a 1080p screen and both models have 128GB options.

And he's averaging the 7 and 7-Plus cost to get to 700

you like dicks?
gtfo from android
else stay on maitre course android

Well I do have a boyfriend.

fuck off then, real men hate fags

That's true but it costs more and the display is IPS eye cancer.

I dunno, he's big and /fit/ and very hairy.

Lay off her, he's mine.

honestly, I'm more interested in your reasons to

Doesn't really matter, ignore summerfags.
You get a metric fuckton of automatically installed and non-removable apps on your homescreen which blows. On Android you get the choice (and hassle) of flashing your OS and removing bloat you don't want which probably isn't all that relevant to you, but would bug me.
You can't have your non-iTunes music last I checked (been a bit)
7-Plus has 3GB of RAM

>I dunno, he's big and /fit/ and very hairy.
Still a manlet in his head.
>Lay off her, he's mine.
k

i'm considering switching to iphone and getitng fit so I can fuck and date the type of girls i like. persuade or encourage me

Decision fatigue mostly, also a desire to escape Google without cutting out major functionality from my phone like a ROM without gapps does.

I want something that will run my apps and just werk. I'm tired of sifting through all these choices of Android phones, deciding what ROM to use or if I should use any, deciding what launcher to use, what widgets, etc.

I don't take advantage of any of Android's openness, I basically just use Riot and Pocket Casts. I feel like the iPhone just makes things easier for me, not being able to rearrange my icons easily or use a file browser doesn't matter to me.

They'll think you're gay. Also you sound insecure which is a huge turnoff for girls.

>Escape Google
>Into the open arms of Apple

Those aren't bad reasons to switch though to be honest, if you have the ability go to a store and try one out. If you already have just grab one already, worst case scenario you're stuck with it for two years.

>less is more
So you're a cuck? Got it.

Apple doesn't lock functionality away if I don't let them track my Google history on my desktop.

Google is obnoxious. Apple has less services to shove down my throat. No dead social network like Google+ that I need to use Google Play Games which I need for some games. Shit like that.

You could choose to see your Google+ ID as an AppleID with extra bloat, but I can agree with you that it is a bitch.

I don't use my phone enough to switch away from Android. At any rate, I use stock everything and don't think about the botnet, which you can't escape from without looking like a crazy hermit.

You DO know Lineage OS and micro gapps with 90% of the bloat gone exists, right? The oneplus 3T has an unlockable bootloader and fully supports Lineage OS.

forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3t-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.475142/

As far as I can tell you can't Google an Apple ID and find a profile.

If phone existed that had all the apps I need and didn't lock functionality behind an online account, I'd use it in a heartbeat. Apple at least seems to be less obnoxious than Google.

Plus like I said the decision fatigue of needing to do all this modding to make Android usable just tires me out, I don't want my phone for that. I already have enough computers that are plenty open.

It's not like I want to escape it, iPhone would be silly in that case.

It honestly just inconveniences me.

I'm using a Nexus 5 with LineageOS 14.1 right now, still need to log into Google. The ROM community is dying anyways.

>what is The Chan

Google will kill you for leaving the botnet.

Love all this fagdroids complaining about "non-removeable appleware" when literally all lagdroids except for the Pixel lineup comes with carrier bloatware out of the fucking asshole that can't be removed.

Buying a samsung? Here's your guide on what bloatware to keep!!!!!! hope you enjoy samsung's clone of literally everything google already offers: tomsguide.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s8-guide,review-4330-3.html

What?

Why do faggots here always talk about torrenting on their phones like it's so important?

I seriously hope you autters aren't fucking watching movies on a phone.

iOS has a Sup Forums app with native webm support. itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-chan/id1199453022?mt=8

>lagdroid
see Anyway can the iPhone charge to 60% in 30 minutes? I don't want to wait hours for my fucking phone to charge to 60%.

Also Lineage OS exists now.

So can it at least download all pics in 2 taps, view webms natively, and let you browse /gif/?

>quick charge ever
>needing to mod your phone to make it good
>some smelly pajeet's webm that basically is a worthless test
Why shill so hard for a poorfag phone? Are you saving up your Rupies to get an iPhone!

>im just going to keep moving the goalposts until I win the argument xDDDD

It has gallery mode, native webm viewing, and handles /gif/ just fine. It doesn't have mass download because why the fuck would you do that on a phone anyway? It's a phone, not a laptop.

You're talking to someone who torrents and watches movies on his phone.

I've already had an iPhone and it was an abhorrent experience. Paid for my iPhone 6 plus in full up-front.

Reporting the app for adult content to apple right now. Thanks for the pic :^)

I guess it's a good time for a blogpost

switch to ishit if you're moving away from being a mobile """power""" user and just want stability and timely updates and a decent stock experience. I don't like itoys much but find the iphone bearable mostly because I find the stock function of the OS more stable than Android.

I've used an ishit for a while now after using Nexus phones for years. I used to use my phone for a lot more things which made Android great. Now that I almost never consume media on my phone and stopped customizing the UI I don't miss Android too much. I mostly use my phone for video/voice/text comm and reading. The best things about Android for me were:
-hostfile adblocking
-dedicated adblocking for certain apps
-FS access
-UI customization for proper button placement (iOS is shit with this despite all the UX memes)
-custom codecs for media
-larger amount of free technical apps
-sideloading

Most of these things require root and lose their value if you don't consume media on the device

I'm just gonna sit on my ishit for as long as possible and hope the planned obsolescence updates don't make it unusable. Stopped caring about upgrading

Valid point. I guess I'm also the retard for engaging with him.

>hurrrr I can't accept a proper alternative's existence so I'll just ruin it xDDD. Stay classy tripfag.

Don't worry, you can put your keylogger on f-droid and have people download it outside the playstore, oh wait-

>needing to mod your phone to make it good
Atleast you can make it good.
The software (...),
documentation, interfaces, content, fonts and any data that came with your iOS Device, as may be updated or replaced by feature enhancements, software updates or system
restore software provided by Apple, whether in read only memory, on any
other media or in any other form (...) are licensed, not sold, to you by Apple Inc.

images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iOS10.pdf
You don't even own your iphone and even less your data.
gpl allows us to legally own our phone even with closed blobs.
I'm not a consumerist pig and I decide what I can do with MY smartphone.

How butthurt are you, Pajeet?

>What are some reasons not to?
Maintaining your heterosexuality.

Trust me user, that's long gone already. And my butt feels all the better for it.

>You don't even own your iphone and even less your data.
Please, as if I'm expecting any sort of freedom on my proprietary smartshit in the first place. It's a lost cause. Wake me up when we have free baseband

> as if I'm expecting any sort of freedom on my proprietary smartshit in the first place
good goy

Hey you brought this on yourself. You weren't supposed to advertise your app here anyway, it's against Sup Forums rules. Then you went a step further and proved it violated apple ToS.

You dug your grave now lie in it.

Truly autism.

>thinking he actually freed himself from the botnet
good goy

please, like you're not using gapps with tons of blobs from a company that was made on the foundation of mining info about you in the most creative way possible

Cry harder boris, your tears are delicious.

Keep making an autist of yourself dude, it's quality stuff.

I know you need those Rupees.

>talking about an app means you're the one who made it

i didn't realize you were floens

There's a little Floens in all of us

Beside the hardware backdoor and baseband active backdoor I think I'm doing a good job at staying away from the botnet.
> like you're not using gapps
Yep, I don't use them
I only got newpipe which is wrapped youtube, I used microg for signal but it works without it now.

says the chronic mangolian sexualized cave drawings poster

iPhones don't run well any more, whatever they did to the home button is awful, feels like cheap glass that's about to break when you press it, and they changed a bunch of things for no good reason than to fuck with people's muscle memory. Been using iPhones since OG 2G and switched to Android a few months ago

Eric retort, my man. Simply eric.

>floxEwl
Holy fuck, you are beyond autistic.

>baby boy gets boypussy bothered by an imgur filename
they're so cute when they're new and trying to fit in

>>bothered by an imgur filename
Oh, I thought you knew...

Alright whatever man, your app was gonna get taken down just like the 100s that came before that tried to give iToddlers access to Sup Forums.

its passed you're bedtime

>Siri
>OK Google
people actually use this gimmicky shit? kys if you do

It lets me play Youtube videos while driving without having to look at my phone.
Other than that don't use it.

I mean if I was using the app I wouldn't have an imgur filename, would I baby boy

You don't actually use Sup Forums on a smartphone do you?

no good 4chin apps but I see that as a plus

You're jelly, aren't you? :^)

Not of a UI that hideous.

>specifically chose the DAKERTHANMYSOUL theme

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA

>What are some reasons not to?- 83 posts and 16 image replies shown.
If you're poor and can't afford it. Thats about it.

Everything else is better on iphone.

Can easily be customized with a few taps. I chose black mostly because it extends the battery life of my android smartphone with an advanced premium AMOLED display. :^)

lolnope, in fact most iPhone users get their overpriced turds through contracts, leases, loans, or credit. Very few actually pay up-front like I did for my iTouchgate 6 Plus

I meant more than your theme when I called the phone's UI hideous.

Pick an iPhone if you want stability and a product that doesn't try to be anything else other than a mobile product with a small screen. For the tasks that you'd want to do on a phone--texting, calls, light web browsing and general reading, light ""mobile games"", and social media, iOS excels at this.

I don't think anyone is going to argue against Android having more features. But that's not the point, if you're looking for a device that does what your laptop does, but with a smaller screen, battery, and no keyboard, Android is your way. You can do anything from torrenting on it to using it as a USB flash drive with various linux ISOs.

People who use iPhone's lack of "functionality" as a defense for their support of Android are completely missing the mark. The iPhone is simply a device that doesn't attempt to be a jack of all trades; only a master of one.

Of that? Haha.

Is it the cpu and data monitor? Everyone makes fun of me for having it. :^(

AMOLED

Imagine what a girl would think if she saw this.

is a prime example of what I'm talking about. It's a fucking phone, that you use to fiddle with when you're in line for food or on the bus. Why the fuck do you need a CPU monitor, bandwidth in/out meter, and TWO fucking battery meters? What's the fucking point?

I'll stick to using Sup Forums on a computer, baby boy. Thanks though.

He doesn't leave the house and can't afford a real computer so he needs to pretend his phone is one.

Meters make him feel smarter.

iPhone
+good security
+just works
+no carrier bullshit preinstalled
+7 and 7+ are waterproof
+consistent updates
+good camera
-can't use as storage
-no 3.5mm jack

Android
+can use as storage
+can customize if want to very much
-carrier bullshit preinstalled
-lots of stuff depends on the phone

Android's performance is so good you apparently need to constantly monitor it. Hmm.

H-hey my sister said it looked okay.

Then again she was probably just doing it to get a can of rolled hazelnut waffers because they've been missing for days now. :^(

Nope, I'm a mason IRL.