Why was Sup Forums shitting on RED cameras the other day?

Why was Sup Forums shitting on RED cameras the other day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3t1PQJmM8P4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the majority of Sup Forums doesn't know anything about professional grade hardware. Have you looked at what the front page is? Consumer crap.

You're asking a board full of autists who recommend free over cheap in all things as "good enough" to justify their broke ass NEET status and trying to justify their purchasing decisions why they shit on professional grade equipment that consumed .0010 of a projects budget?

I don't know what to tell you, but we are not the elder gods of knowledge you seek.

Because linustechtips bought some.

This board hasn't fucking touched a RED. They're amazing and if Sup Forums were shitting on it it's mostly due to popularity

Used one before
Not a weapon but a RED camera. They are incredible heavy compared to how they look and I'm not a twink. All I did was record a few seconds but it was a pretty fun experience actually getting to hold one and play with the buttons and look and all the features

youtube.com/watch?v=3t1PQJmM8P4

Watch it all. You'll be mad.

Because some YouTube celeb paid well over 100k for cinema quality cameras to make shitty YouTube videos that nobody will watch a week later.

But I go back and watch old GPU benchmarks all the time

I've seen it, it's a lot cheaper than actual cinema equipment though

You're only mad because you're a sheep following some ignorant youtube dipshit that has no reason to be touching cinema grade equipment.

>please give more clicks and money to this obnoxious faggot

No thanks.

Because that idiot linus dropped over $100k on a red camera for 8k Youtube videos.

But you don't actually record in 8k generally, because the file sizes are just too damned big, you get it for better 4k recordings

>inb4 they start shilling blackmagic

>defending 1000%+ markup
There is a reason studios rent these instead of buying them. The only reason for the insane mark up is "because we can."

Studios rent because they choose the kit for the crew/job, not because they can't afford them. They'd save money if they could just use the same kit for every shoot.

for that sweet sweet youtube money

He's got 1PB of storage to go along with the 8k cameras

I don't think you quite understand what max quality 8k footage would take to store, almost 1TB per hour

It's why you run those cameras at 6k or 4k, not to mention you can't really even edit 8k footage just yet

It's pretty silly for Linus to use a RED camera just like it'd be silly for Linus to drive to work in an 18 wheeler

The tool is fine, it's just a dumb choice for the job

(I used a RED in 2010 and they're awesome)

>mericans
>in charge of capitalism

it looks cool when fully assembled though

They weren't shitting on the cameras, people on Sup Forums were shitting on some youtube chode for blowing something like $30,000USD on a pair of RED cameras for a single video review, and then never used them to film subsequent videos. Don't remember who it was though, I think he did graphics card reviews.

>2017
>watching hollywood garbage

Mary Poppins is a bad ass, and you missed out because you want to wallow in hate.

Fuck off Sup Forums