CPU HELL

Guys i bought a CPU off ebay, risky i know but fuck it, it arrived yesterday, it came with a few bent pins, i have got them as straight as my mind and soul can manage, the thing still wont fit in the motherboard, for the love of god someone help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p2PGNA2u_HI?t=62
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you try using your hands?

op slide a credit card along the x and y grid of the pins, that will straighten er out.

don't be a retard

youtu.be/p2PGNA2u_HI?t=62

I have done that, the fucker still wont go in

that's exactly what i need

Why don't you just get a refund you dumb cuck

i did, first thing i did but i ain't going to let the opportunity go of getting a free working cpu

Yo need to make sure they are all inline. Use a card/ruler to check each row in by axis.
If they are, then check the pin gaps with the socket so you're no putting it in the wrong way. Should all be good an it doesn't go in, wriggle it just a little bit with slight pressure.
Consider it like lock picking. You're trying to get the pins to fall in the right places.

Straighten the pins out, i can see 12 at least bent in your fucked quality photo.

i have them straighter since that photo

i have genuinely done that, my card slides right on through, i am placing it on the board in the correct place, i am wiggling and applying pressure, im going crazy

YEEEEEESSSSSS

>OP pic related
That whole bottom row...

YOU MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS, THIS SONG DID IT FOR ME

The tips of the pins... The card will slide through because the bases are fine. Not the tips.

>i am wiggling and applying pressure
Don't. Don't ever do this to a CPU.

use a hammer, it will fit in then

You idiot. We now know your fingerprints.

Worst case you bend the culprit more. Meaning you can identify it and bend it back into place. Repeat step one until the next, than complete installation.

shit.

And the more the culprit is bent, the weaker and more likely it is to just snap off.
Don't do this.

I'd be more concerned by the clubbing. It's a sure sign of heat disease.
You're confusing pins on socket user.

Cpu is flush to the board, i had to push a little but it clicked in, there was a alarming click sound but fuck it, im pretty sure if a pin bent it wouldnt go flush to the board right? anyway, im a cpu noob scrub, i go to lock it and its a bit resistant, do i push the lever?

No, it goes for any piece of metal. Each time you bend it, it gets a little weaker and closer to snapping in two.

Yep she's good.
Well duh. But the rule of thumb is seven 45 degree bends and three 90 bends till it snaps.
You've never worked with metals be they precious or not.

i was thinking that myself, just didnt want it to snap off

just got to hope now that the cpu in fact works, seller was risky but x4 860k for 10 bucks aint bad, and money is back in account so win win

I don't see any clubbing in OP's fingers

thankyou, i was beginning to worry

OP, have you tried a hammer?

>he bought AMD

You deserve this op

>he doesn't know that intel uses PGA socket for mobile CPUs

OP here, hammer tried, hammer worked

im a cheap fag
i got a micro atx fm2 motherboard so i just looked for cheap fm2 cpus and found this, seemed like a good deal to me

So did it work?

wont know until psu comes, probably go to a friends and use theirs tonight

How the fuck do people manage to bend pins? I could understand if all the pins were bent slightly in the same direction because of stress on the socket while mounting or dismounting a heatsink sloppily, but how the fuck are like 7 randomly distributed pins severely bent in all different directions?

no idea. it also takes a surprisingly large amount of force to bend even a single pin.

the pins are 5mm. Take a 5mm mechanical pencil that has no lead. depress its advance-lead button, and slide it over the pin. Use that to leverage the pin to be perfectly straight.

I had to do this back in 2005 with an old P4 before i could sell it. Its not too hard. The metal is pretty flexible too, so as long as you're not retarded, you shuoldnt run the risk of snapping anything.

yup

looks like plenty of fucked up pins in the bottom 4 rows

i had straightend them out by the point of posting, that was a photo of when i first got it

they came bent

Has anyone have any experience in using Engineering samples of Intel processors?

I see a few Intel 6700 on ebay for cheap but they are engineering samples.