Has anything come out that can top this yet?

Has anything come out that can top this yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

usb.userbenchmark.com/Explore/Fastest/5
usb.userbenchmark.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pocket sized central heating

If only they produced one with C plug and UHS-III bus or just changed to Samsung's UFS 2.0 standard I'd pay any money for this beauty.

It just needs some tech refreshments, that's all.

Literally anything, that thing has USB 2.0 speeds also As anything made by Kingston in the last 15 years it's shit
The only thing going for it is aesthetics, but there's plenty of better looking ones that are actually usable

>but there's plenty of better looking ones

Examples?

> that thing has USB 2.0 speeds
Objectively false. 100-120MBps is well above USB 2.0 and equals any other compact cheap dongle.
Show me something of the same size with significantly faster writes and I will buy it right now. Xboxhuge obstructions to all nearby ports need not apply.

proof to me that you get 100-120MB/s on that, i get 35MB read MAX on my 32GB dtse9g2

Samsung Cruzer Fit and the Lexar S45 rape the shit out of it while being a fraction of the size, the Samsung Fit does the same while being much cheaper too
Even Kingston has another smaller one with significantly faster speeds, it's still raped by anything from anyone else

Well my dtse9g2 is 16gb.
Are you sure your USB3 driver is working correctly?

>Samsung Cruzer Fit
No keyring loop. Could nicely work as something that's fairly permanently connected to something such as a home media device, but not suitable for moving around. That shit will get lost fast.

Same with the Lexar S45. That one does have a lanyard hole but its only in the cover and it's plastic.

> Cruzer Fit
Actual fucking 2.0
Did you mean Ultra Fit?
Also it's sandisk

Anyone here has any Samsung USB, either Bar or Dual? Those have somewhat decent design but I can't find any benchmarks.

>crystalmark
>expecting realistic results

try moving a 10gb file to and fro the drive
the write speed is literally shit
my 128gb samsung bar gets me 3-4 times faster write speeds, and faster read as well

Sadisk flair also looks nice but the keyring part is plastic so I'll probably crack it in a week or two.

>write speeds
Read speeds should not be as low

This is imo the best there is atm.
It has USB OTG, really good and persistent write speed, and it's relatively cheap (128GB for 40 bucks)

So close... if only that cap wasn't plastic...

samsung bar rapes kingston at sequential read/write

Literally what is the point of this pocket cloud storage?

Flair is shit according to userbenchmarks
Meant Sandisk Ultra Fit, the first Fit was pure shit
Almost anything rapes Kingston senpai

You never know you need it till you need it.

More aesthetic and pairs well with a USB-C adapter.

I just leave the adapter on and plug it into my phone whenever needed.

How do you nerds test this? Genuinely curious.

a challenger appears

>plastic
A challenger disappears

why are you so obsessed with a cheap pot metal case?
you should pay more attention to drive specs and performance.

Read and write speed are both 0 if the thing snaps off my keyring and gets lost.

I don't know but it sure is sexy. I use one in my car to play music.

You copy a file to it and watch the write speeds you dumbass

>More aesthetic

wrong

>exploitable firmware
CDs still the king

They have USB 3.0 versions

there are faster flash drives, but the datatraveler is simply the best overall due to it's size and build quality.

>why are you so obsessed with a cheap pot metal case?

Do you also use a cardboard box as a computer case? Durability is just as important as specs.

>literally anything

Really nigga?

This is what you want, it has both Type-A and Type-C.

I got the 16GB version of this, it boots RemixOS just fine, speed is decent too.

I've got one like this, and yeah pretty much this. The insides fell out so I had to superglue that shit back in.

I just don't put it on.

Who the fuck uses usb still? I use micro sd cards all the time now and have it in my credit card holder.

Higher failure rate and good luck finding any computer with a slot for SD at all in the year 2017.

>SD at all in the year 2017.

idk about that.
there's tons of adaptors for them

freedom flash is best flash

I found it really hard to find a microsd to usb converter and it was some chinese shit on amazon. And even then, you're using usb. Without that adapter, you're gonna need a microsd to sd and then an sd to usb. With a usb stick, you don't need anything.

Almost anything Kingston USB 3.0 barely runs at USB 2.0 speeds, most of their stuff barely saturates USB 1.1
They're that fucking slow, they usually user rejected chips from other makers, Kingston is awful
Even chink brands beat the shit out of them

what happens when you plug one side to phone and other to computer

singularity

Thanks for the recommendation

SanDisk cruzer extreme.

I bought a laptop last year with an SD card slot. They're out there.

Will anything ever stop this monster?

This. The only drive I've used that can sustain 100MB/s write when I'm moving a fuck ton of stuff AND not get hotter than a furnace. Expensive, especially at the higher capacities, but worth it.

I bought the shittiest Kingston instead.

And it does the job just fine, senpai.

FIVE YEARS
usb.userbenchmark.com/Explore/Fastest/5

>silicon keychain pouch
>female usb-a

What the fuck do you do? Squeeze it out of its tiny fleshlight pouch and pull a male to male USB cable out of your pocket?

Absolutely nothing will stop it from falling out of your pocket because you can't attach it to anything.

I'm using one of these at work because it's hard to spot on a glance.

Don't need to make the flash drive look bad just because you can't keep your things safe.

Bench it so we can see
usb.userbenchmark.com/

Why do you care if people see that you have a portable zip disquette?

>20mb write

>14mb write

>12mb write

these are all junk, a 15 year old HDD is faster than them.

how fast do these things deteriorate?

>waiting for Vega

How many 15 year old HDDs can you fit on a keyring?

losing things is a sign of ADHD or Alzheimers
maybe you boys oughta see a mental health pro

< Often on sale in store for $29.99

Thermal throttling.

Ho shit I want one. I have the one in OP pic, but 256G, oh my god.

Most HDDs don't have more than 2MB/s random 4k