So the last thread got some people triggered, so I posted here the new one. Enjoy!

So the last thread got some people triggered, so I posted here the new one. Enjoy!

>floatplane club!! xDD

>inventor of linux
>uses windows on all his machines
gnumales btfo

This guy is an Adobe Windows Intel shill who hates GNU/Linux.

Friendly reminder: You're not a computer pro if you run Windows.

>LTT
>Manchild

Friendly remind that you are not employed in the IT field if you don't use Windows.

>Intel shill
he shills for AYYYMDPOOJET for quite some time

>inventor of linux
Yeah sure...

>Friendly remind that you are not employed in the IT field if you don't use Windows.

Literally wat? No self respecting IT business will hassle with Windows.

is there a navy seals pasta bait edition ?

That's why there's no such thing as an "IT business". Literally every actual business uses Windows in some fashion unless you're a hip, agile young startup revolutionizing peer to peer content delivery over diverse platforms for maximum front-end to back-end user integrative benefits plz fund us k

Using Windows in some way or another is not the same as requiring to use windows to work at those places, for example I don't give a shit about what my boss is running as long as they give me files I can work on with my software.

>No self respecting IT business will hassle with Windows.

God you are retarded. Leave your mother's basement for once.

If I had a fucking car I would

He used Windows server on his fucking 1 PB storage server until some engineer from one of his sponsers fixed it (they sent an engineer to fix his server because he's retarded).

Leo Laporte!

The fact that end users use Windows matters little in the actual infrastructure of making important shit.

>He used Windows server on his fucking 1 PB storage server until some engineer from one of his sponsers fixed it (they sent an engineer to fix his server because he's retarded).
For real? Why would you use Windows when you know you have to use a special utility like ZFS just to get the system working? You're going to have concurrency issues, drive failures, redundant data problems, et cetera. And you choose to use FUCKING WINDOWS SERVER? Windows Server is "okay" if it's running standard hardware and has good support. Windows Server is not okay for a gimmicky consumer hardware storage cluster where special utility solutions are needed for any of it to work in the first place.

I don't like Linus. He treats hardware like trash, he doesn't think out his solutions, his methodology for any problem is "act now, think later" and he's not very direct or honest about his sponsors. Why doesn't he have any self respect when it comes to any of these things? Does he just not give a shit?

To everyone here

>Linux is bait

all this jealousy

He gets money and is talked about everywhere with his current strategy so I'd say he is good at marketing himself.

>he's good at marketing himself
Well of course. That's his thing. His only skill is marketing. I'm not saying I hate marketing, but the shit he does to hardware and the tech community is toxic. One day he's going to do something dumb like fuck with the fusebox in his warehouse for some "UBER L33T OVERCLOCKING SETUP" and he's going to send himself, or worse, a viewer (taking his advise) to a hospital.

I mean anyone stupid enough to blindly copy him deserves it. And he, I just don't care about his well being.

>I mean anyone stupid enough to blindly copy him deserves it.
Children and young teenagers watch his show. Minors are not expected to have safe and reasonable decision making. He's basically making money because his content is not regulated and the parents do not know that, just because he films in a professional-esque setting, that his videos need arguable parental guidance. It's kind of like how PewdiePie makes money because he acts like a babysitter for parents that don't bother watching their kids and instead give them an iPad and internet connection. If a kid got hurt for playing with his transformer because he saw Linus, irresponsibly do the same without any warning or caution for nobody to do what he does at home, I could easily see a court sue the fuck out of him for child endangerment through media.

I wouldn't blame Linus for parents not giving a shit about their children. He shows how he makes his kids touch computers from time to time, you can see there that he gives a shit about his offspring. It is simply not his job to care about the children of idiots and assholes.

>I wouldn't blame Linus for parents not giving a shit about their children.
Me neither, but if he understands that his viewers are primarily preteens and young adults and he still doesn't take precaution to exercise safe practice on his published videos with at least a verbal warning of, "This is dumb, don't do this" then he's passively encouraging kids to do stupid shit. Again, one day it's frying a motherboard, the next day it's drilling iron nails into power sockets. I'm not exaggerating either, the dude drilled a hole into a radiator for his server room. How much longer until we see him to something stupid like forget to discharge a battery before tinkering with it?

His viewers aren't that young mostly. I'd say he has most his audience in a 15-21 range. But whatever I especially watch him for the fails, because I know if I were to do some tech youtubeing I'd fail the same way, but without being funny about it, and that is why I'd be a shitty entertainer, always grumpy and never doing anything right.

Some of them are really young, but they're too babby to do anything but fuck up a computer build. I can tell you for a fact that I was dumb as bricks when I was 16. I could easily imagine myself putting screw drivers into PSUs at that age if some faggot like Linus told me so. My thought process would be this:

>guy has lots of subscribers
>guy has company
>guy has good quality videos
>he does it
>monkey see monkey do

I honestly can't remember what I was like at 16, but I think I still wouldn't have done it, I mean I have been following tech for well over a decade now and I still didn't even overclock anything.

My concern would be breaking something and not killing myself. So I guess I'd be a little reserved if it was my shit I was going to break. But if I was some upperclass child with no concept of losing shit I break, I could easily imagine thinking to myself that this is a "great idea".

I didn't have much tech until I was around 14-15 so I wouldn't have even dared to open my computers up.

Why would you even reply to that.

Boredom man, and I had to reuse that stolen image.

You dont work in tech. Windows is the plague youll never get rid of it. There is always a job for dumb asses in the company and they will be using windows.

I used to but I started hating everything tech related more and more so I quit before I irreversibly got tired of my only passion in life. Back then I had to deal with Windows XP and I would never do that again. The local ISP had some Linux jobs but I'm no bigshot sysadmin.