What's the fucking point? Why does Google, hell, everyone try so hard to be the new Whatsapp...

What's the fucking point? Why does Google, hell, everyone try so hard to be the new Whatsapp? They won't ever replace it. Well, until a new thing comes and replaces it like Whatsapp did with Blackberry Messenger. But why the fuck does Google keep trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/how-google-stole-the-work-of-millions-of-authors-1454880410
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They keep throwing apps at the wall until one sticks. One will stick eventually, and then that's all people will use.

What is the point of breaking Hangouts into multiple shitty apps?

Phasing out Hangouts.

>But why the fuck does Google keep trying?
Google is an advertising company. They don't know what they're doing when it comes to software.

Actually, Google pretty much has their game right where they need it to be:
>A skilled and passionate programmer works for months or years to develop a much needed program and provides it free of charge to the community.
>Google puts a corporate logo and an ad banner on it and says 'look at what I did! Isn't I smart?'

I mean, yeah... they suck, but stealing from one person to sell to another is a solid business plan.

>what is Android

>what is Android
A much needed program provided for free to the community that Google put a corporate logo on?

The idea is to turn Hangouts into their enterprise solution, and have Allo/Duo as the consumer solution.

This should become a Google pasta

OC meme found

wsj.com/articles/how-google-stole-the-work-of-millions-of-authors-1454880410
>And that's WallStreetJournal

>sharing wsj directly unironically
Sure is paywall in here

False, Hangouts is taking a more prominent role in their business offerings and is being pushed hard in GSuite.

They want regular consumers to use Allo/Duo and/or SMS.

>a chat app
everybody uses Facebook messenger
why do we need another app?

Just because we already have something doesn't mean that Google won't give us the same thing, except with ads shoved into it.

I hope so because I'm tired of using 4 different apps to stay in the loop.

>no real SMS support
I literally why'd the moment this came out

I just use messenger. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but I also get all of my phone calls and text messages over it.

allo.google.com
>Smart Reply lets you keep the conversation moving with a single tap by suggesting text and emoji responses based on your personality.

Nah, thanks, that's creepy.

These gigantic companies have too much money to not compete in every avenue. It's just common sense.

I don't use either one and the only things Google does better than most people is their mail app and I prefer keep over the competition.

>Sent an email to a company
>Suddenly seeing a bunch of ads for said company in search
Google, stay the fuck out of my personal correspondence.

>implying everyone doesn't block ads

What is a better email service than Google?

Can't wait to be chatting with bots instead of friends.

That's not really the point though, I don't care that I'm shown ads when using a service that i don't pay out of pocket for, I just don't want them going through my shit, regardless of whether or not I get reminded of it every time I open my browser.

I understand your stance and it's perfectly reasonable. If Apple weren't such assholes about everything from plugs to itunes , could into webm, and several other things. I would run away from android in a second.

But damn goggle are such cunts too. Everything revolves around data mining you, constant spying, several other things.

Will anyone be able to save us?

those companies have money they can afford to fail

all it take is one fluke success

Nobody that I know has even heard of Whatsapp

>What's the fucking point?
it's whole division of retards without vision at Google that are pushing for this shit becasue they want to keep their jobs.
By now Google is way too big, so one side doesn't know what the fuck is the other doing.
Proof of that is that sometimes the team working on the iOS version of Google apps have features or small shit that is cool but hasn't been adopted or worked on the Android version which should actually get the best shit.
Google needs to shed some fucking fat, way too many people not doing anything useful or worthy.