Is it weird to wear a backpack as an adult

Is it weird to wear a backpack as an adult

Other urls found in this thread:

image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3720917/347316236/stock-photo-handsome-adult-male-hiker-with-the-backpack-in-the-forest-347316236.jpg
ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14zM8QpXXXXaIaXXXq6xXFXXXS/New-font-b-Backpack-b-font-Feminina-Bag-Infantil-Men-font-b-Backpack-b-font-Students.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends. Autistic overloaded backpacks with stickers make you look stupid. Fancy colorful hipster backpacks with a macbook inside make you look stupid. A good brand (HP, Targus) backpack thats not exploding with shit is generally fine. Most programmers at my company wear backpacks.

TL;DR something like pic related is fine if not overloaded

Only if you walk weird with it on. When you wear yours, try not to focus too much on how you're walking - make sure you're walking naturally and you should be fine, but don't think about it too much, you'll just make it weird, just be you and walk like it's supposed to be there and it will look natural being there. If you're not weird about it and you don't put too much thought into it, other people won't notice, but if you think about it too much, you're going to make it stand out, and other people will look at it, and if you're walking awkwardly with it, it's going to look awkward and weird, so don't make it weird and just be cool, not awkward. It's not your fault, just don't think about it too much and don't fidget with it on and nobody will think about it enough to notice.

God fucking dammit

Probably, I wear a backpack and people look at me like I'm a freak.

Try reading this but actually have short legs and longer torso and have to walk all over uni every day.

it looks comical compared to an over the shoulder laptop bag

Who gives a shit, it's much more comfy than carrying a briefcase or a bag with a single shoulder strap. If I had to carry a bunch of crap with me to work every day then I'd definitely use a backpack.

If you get a nice one like pic related, then it's acceptable. Anything else is weird tbqh

this reminds me of the rollerbag thing that is popular around many campuses. you will look weird, but have an excuse.

But man, you can't get all hung up on how long your legs are, maybe they're too long, maybe you're a little stubby and you'd like to have longer like, dancers legs, but you can't focus on that, you'll think too much about it, more so if you have a little pudge around the stomach area. Don't think about that though, everybody's got it, we're not photoshopped, there's a little break in everybodys' waistline, but you can't focus on that too much, you'll end up pulling on your shirt and it's going to draw attention and be awkward, and you'll think about it too much, and you'll try to avoid doing it and pull at the straps for your backpack, but you shouldn't fidget like that, people will notice and it will be weird, and they'll see the backpack, because it's a little awkward, so don't do that. Just don't think about your legs, or shirt, or backpack and just walk. One foot in front of the other, it's how everybody walks, just don't focus on that too much, you'll be looking right at the ground, that's awkward, just have a little confidence and don't think about it. You don't need swag or whatever, you can't fool people like that, but just don't be weird about it, and don't think about it, just be walking. It's normal, just be cool about it.

What's wrong with """overloading"""? It's just being prepared. What if I need to reference a random textbook. What if I need a laptop. What if I need a change of clothes and food in case I am being tracked down.

this is so fucking tacky. i can only imagine migos wearing something like this.

Nothing tacky about it. Just pure quality, and class. Stick to your Jansport, poorfag

From the thumbnail, I thought that backpack was styled like Zardoz.

Who cares
I walk around with my high school back but I'm still in college

Who the fuck cares. They are extremely comfortable for carrying shit, you just gotta make sure they sit right in you or else it might interfere with your walking. Plus, try not to overload it too much.

would a basic, black jansport with the logo ripped off and no stickers be autistic?
looks very low key to me

Nothing screams poorfag more than a taste for tacky, but still expensive brands such as Gucci and Louis Vuitton.

Rate my autism

Ripping off the logo would be autistic.

get one of these.

>gucci
>class
Literally nigger tier. Tom Ford is the white man's designer.

Better than .

Very. I work as a software engineer so I do see it, but it looks very odd to see a grown ass man put on his backpack and hop on a bicycle. Grow the fuck up.

PURSES ARE NOT TECHNOLOGY

GO TO YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

>How to spot a weeb comp sci major

>tool made to efficiently carry awkward items not technology

This is only acceptable if you are a girl or Korean.

For people who don't give a shit about their backpack. Which is actually a lot of people so you'll fit in fine with this.

Ugly as sin, pls no.

because you'll look homeless, and not the edgy cool kind of homeless. the "i need to carry everything i can pawn off so i need shopping carts and trash bags" kind of homeless.

holy fucking zippers

t. angry caveman

shut the fuck up nigger

Not at all. I'm 28 and I wear one of these every day to work and school. It has a padded area for a 15.6" laptop, and pockets for every conceivable purpose. Nice build quality too.

i have one of these. its pretty nice.

Nah. They're incredibly useful especially for students. As long as it's like and not some cringy shit then you're good.

Only losers give a shit about what other people think.

use this because I found it on clearance at REI and was looking for something:
>slim
>minimalistic
>structural integrity (in other words, the bag doesn't need to be full to maintain its shape)

Been pretty happy with it. Not sure if they make it anymore but it's called the marmot axial

>Gucci quality and class.

You what m8? Literally nigger poor tier for those who can't afford real designer.

Since I don't collect purses like my misses, here's what I recommend.

Get a bicycle OP. Then you can have pic related levels of dorkiness and people won't even notice.

Make sure they know you are a cyclist though - needs at least one more accessory (shirt, pants, helmet, and I wouldn't risk just cleat shoes).

So is this how poorfags COPE in 2017? I'm laffin

when "just be yourself" stops being a cliché catchphrase

Adults don't ask this question, they just buy and wear what they want.

Sage.

Bag costing LESS than any respectable persons weekly wage and being classed designer. Poorfags please go.

You'll look more proper and adult-like with a backpack that can roll.

Absolutely not
You can get one that doesn't have spider man on it you know

I'd rather be a poor faggot than being Australian

This triggers the vir/g/in

Helmet and shoes with cleats should do it

They're comfy as shit tho

?

Yeah it's nice when it doesn't weigh anything

>man purse

>instead: edgy sharkfin razor blades details on the side

>scroll thread
>most backpacks have at least 3 pairs of zippers
It's like they only make backpacks for teenagers.

briefcase is the only acceptable choice

Wew

>the edgy cool kind of homeless
user pls

The only *acceptable backpacks.

>not having a God tier Alyx backpack

I don't even have one. But saving for one.

goes well with the leather pants, faggot.

when you buy things expect them to look at least 20% worse than the model shot

so if the model shot already looks like that, never buy it

I use one of these to carry a box of tissues, extra jackets if it's cold and my lunch.

you could get by on two or three folded tissues in your pocket if you didnt fap in public

whos the chick

It's fine. Just get one of these or a Filson as a cheap option.

As long as you don't wear a suit

Only if you do the autistic thing of holding the straps while it's on your back

I have a fairly bog standard timberland backpack - though i use it for work... i would like another backpack for "casual" stuff too.

My hp laptop bag is so comfy.

If briefcase then proper one

An adult gives 0 shit what is weird

Ive got this same pack. It goes everywhere with me. Damn comfortable and light and dirt cheap for a brand name backpack.

I wear a purse :3

lol literally fsggot tier

Gay as fuck. Sort yourself out.

Thrres no need to develop back complications by carrying +40 lbs loads. When the unexpected happens there's always a MasterCard

Backpacks are
- Comfy
- Spacious
- Won't fuck up your back
Don't ever listen to normies and their insecurities

This. Anyone judging you is an insecure faggot. The older you get the less you will give a fuck about what others think. Literally everyone in the Bay Area wears a backpack or a messenger bag.

If you are a college student, it is very reasonable to wear a backpack. We have lots of textbooks and a lot of bullshit.

If you are a mountain climber or a hiker, that would also be reasonable.

If you have a job in the office, on the otherhand, it may not fit.

Is this thread for real?
Also, fuck off

>job in the office may not fit

Do you wear a suit and tie to the office? Then no a back pack is not appropriate. Otherwise a backpack is totally acceptable. I'd argue it's only not acceptable when wearing a suit jacket.

Wtf

no if it's a normie bag

>backpack
>not a louis duffle bag filled with heroin

yeah nah thanks

This thing.

Is Eastpak not a thing in 'murica? Get one of these, il will last generations and is cool.

Op, if you treat the backpack as an accessory then you'll be fine. Get an assortment of different types of backpack, so for example if youre going somewhere smart, wear something like .
I think its mainly about posture and making sure everything works together. Its kind of like asking if its weird to wear hiking boots. If you wear a pair of yellow hiking boots into the office people will look at you weird. Different bags for different occasions.

eg: image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3720917/347316236/stock-photo-handsome-adult-male-hiker-with-the-backpack-in-the-forest-347316236.jpg

ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14zM8QpXXXXaIaXXXq6xXFXXXS/New-font-b-Backpack-b-font-Feminina-Bag-Infantil-Men-font-b-Backpack-b-font-Students.jpg

Rate my autism guys, pic here is my daily use bag. I carry it on my back to hold my electronics and college textbooks everyday.

rate my backpack, love this little cunt

I take it you haven't worked in IT corporation.

Carry this around every day, rate my pack? University student

I am a mountain tour guide whos also studying CS

I double my hiking day pack, which is foldable and roomy, water res and tear proof as my school bag for when I need to bring my laptop or a notebook ir perhaps a sweater.

The bag itself is weightless which is what you want if youre carrying it all day

Stolen valor

Looks nice, maybe too nice, but looks non functional and I would hate not to have an exterior pocket for my sunglasses and water bottle

Are you going parachuting?

All In jest, those all look like fine bags. Literally who cares if you like the bag then it's a good bag.

I carry pic related.

Rolltop hipster / 10

Fucking Fjällräven
The quality is atrocious these days. You'd be better off finding a thirty year old used one.
Retro hipster meme shit. Avoid.

it has an exterior pocket, ill admit, it was rather expensive, but brooks is a very well respected cycling brand and the construction is seriously good.

Fully waterproof canvas construction, the stitching is super strong, ive stuffed this thing completely and ridden more than 100 miles in one go and its held fine.

thats fair ill take it

It's not gay when you're a girl(male)

Osprey Talon
>sharkfin razor blades
I think there's a difference between a sporty look and fucking spider man. Surely it looks better than anything most big sports brands can come up with.

depends what you look like, if you look sporty or hikey its fine, if you look like a fat fuck it isnt.

People forget that fashion is also reliant on what you look like and the personality and presence you project.