In market for new cpu

>in market for new cpu
>seriously consider i7 7700k
>ponder new Ryzen 1700 as an alternative

pic related
anyone know what the heck was going on?

massdrop or ebay, maybe?

I was thinking about getting a 7600k over a Ryzen 1600x. Should I do it or just wait for the next "tick" from Intel when it jumps to 10nm?

>apr 4

why does it matter? it was right before R5 launch, so someone dropped warehouse knowing well enough that R5 will sell like crazy and it did

No, get 1600, or 2600. Intel has nothing but new housefires incoming.

if youa re ready to wait for mid 2019, wait

don't be a retard and get 1600x, it's 7700K without downsides of i5 and overpricing of i7

I thought this just affected 7700k. But I definitely won't get a kaby lake just out of caution.

What is coming in mid 2019?

Zen+ with more meme cores.

Overpriced by $135

I really wish I could grab one of these that cheaply....:(

>if youa re ready to wait for mid 2019, wait
>just wait 2 years
lmao what the fuck

>intel gen 6xxx 7xxx are literally housefire
>amd apu used to be housefire but then rykek did it right

more cores are more efficient these days. I'd stick to gen 2xxx/3xxx intel which are pretty cheap now or rykek although rykek should be better if you plan on getting vega/navi with radeon instinct.

no. I didn't fall for the gaymer meme.

I'd say both AMD and intel are competing price wise right now, so unless you can wait a couple of years for the significant increase in technology it's not a bad time to buy.

>not delidding for temp drop

Eh, the older I get the more time seems to fly by. I can wake up tomorrow and it will literally be >2019

I would definitely go for the Ryzen 1700. Much better multi thread performance and more corew/threads. Lower temp because of reasonable clock speeds (and not the housefire Intel pushes these days). Can buy a cheap B350 motherboard and still overclock.

>AMD

Except now AMD is 8 Machamps(maybe slightly lower level).

Yeah, definitely interested in lower temperatures for a tiny itx build.
can only find Biostar selling itx am4 build on pcpartpicker.
Want to stream, use adobe premiere, and game.

Except i7 is exactly like i5 with four Ditto disguised as Machoke

For those use cases the ryzen will be a better choice. Itx boards are not available yet. I would honestly just cut the waiting and get a micro ITX build if you didnt already get a mini board.

Mini ITX case*

10nm will be slower than 14nm.

get the 1700

>ever fucking delidding
Kike pls gas yourself.

I have yet to get the case but I'd like small form factor for portability and sleek design.
I know only one m.2 slot and one pci slot may be a bad call for the future but I think I'll be fine until I build a newer rig.

looking at this Thermaltake CORE V1 Snow , will forgo liquid cooling with decent temps.

I know you shouldn't have to, and intel's slobbish with the TIM, but OC already voids the warranty, unless you buy the separate OC warranty, on K chips.
People 3D print tools to easily and safely remove the lid, and then you can put some decent (non-mayonnaise) paste in there without air bubbles.

>7700k

>7600k
7600k seems like a joke to me
4 coars is a retarded idea in 2017, even more so when it's lacking HT. According to some synthetic benchmarks my 3770k (4cores/8threads) beats it clock-to-clock.
Not to mention the housefire

This made sense when Bulldozer was around, now it just makes you look like a dumbass shill. Which you are. Kill yourself.

Intel's Coffee Lake-S 6 cores won't be anything but housefire tier if you try and OC them. They won't go over 3.7 GHz base, either.