>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Never ever coming back)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html
aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html
massdrop.com/buy/magicforce-82-key-mechanical-keyboard
amazon.com/James-Donkey-Mechanical-Blue-Programmable/dp/B01N49NWBP?tag=b3J7sB2xVOf2-20&th=1
originative.co/products/mod-switch
aliexpress.com/store/product/For-rezer-shaft-mechanical-keyboard-shaft-for-green-shaft-mechanical-keyboard-shaft/2230037_32746332556.html
aliexpress.com/item/13-Keys-OEM-Profile-White-Thick-PBT-Blank-Additional-Keycap-Supplement-Keycap-Special-Keycap-Set-Key/32643881365.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the keys that not all keycap sets include are the 1u right alt, fn, right ctrl, and 1.75u right shift.

also the right hand side del, pageup, pagedn, end, but if you're not too picky about the rows or if you get blank keycaps or if you get keycaps in an unsculpted profile they won't be a problem.

these sets include the 1.75u right shift and the del, pageup, pagedn, end in the correct rows (the normal home key is already in the correct row):

(also has colored 1u bottom row keys as optional extras)
>aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html

>aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html

they also include the 5.5u spacebar which fits noppoo choc mini (see ) but drevo gramr uses a normal 6.25u spacebar which pretty much all keycap sets include

nth for getting a 65% and then making a numpad to go with it

The difference in number of rows between a 60 or 65 and a standard standalone numpad bothers me

they both have 5 rows?

>putting it on the right
way to invalidate the entire point of compact keyboards

>implying he can't move it wherever he wants or remove it entirely when not in use

Because he made one like that, I don't have a 3d printer or the money to have a case made for a custom five row numpad.

massdrop.com/buy/magicforce-82-key-mechanical-keyboard
magicforce 82. if anyone wants to join the drop.

oh. but it seems 5 row numpads are fairly common

Help a Technologically Retarded Faggot out!

About to buy this: amazon.com/James-Donkey-Mechanical-Blue-Programmable/dp/B01N49NWBP?tag=b3J7sB2xVOf2-20&th=1

(James Donkey Mechanical Keyboard) with Brown switches since I type a lot and game very little. Is this a good deal?

looks good, especially for the price. gateron browns are great. if you want you can get thick pbt keycaps to replace the stock keycaps and it'll be really great.

I could 3D print the parts for you and ship them, I don't even care for charging you for the material since it's dirt cheap, you'd just have to cover the shipping.

But that's where my spacemouse is

thanks for the fast response mate, ima cop this beauty then

Maybe someday, for now I'm gonna see how well I like the 75% with attached numpad and 1800 layouts before making any more keyboard purchases

Post pics

Here's the keycaps resting on top of the case and pcb while I wait for switches to arrive

So, is that EnjoyPBT or is that GMK?

I have a feeling it's neither

not him, but it looks like enjoyPBT valentine

has anyone built up a mechanical keyboard from scratch? I mean, doing the handwire, putting the usb controller, etc...

Other user's right, EnjoyPBT Valentine. Feels super nice and it was only $90 for an ultra-compatible set that covers anything from a Minila up to this

Yes

Cheers, wasn't aware that valentine had miami alphas too

It's just my shitty phone camera, they're pure white.

What

Having seen them before, I'm inclined to believe you, but looking at that picture I have some serious trouble believing you. What phone do you have?

Huawei GR5, gimped AusDM ver.

Anyone know where the Welfare96 is on Taobao? Fuck groupbuys, charge more than a proxy and take longer.

Thank you very much dude, you're awesome.

Are any of these special snowflake reddit switches (Zealio, MOD, ergo clear) really worth it?

Also, how do Gateron switches compare to Cherry MX?

>reddit switches

oh do fuck off.

We have an official guide about this

>brown is useless
Stop reading here.

They really are reddit switches, as is this whole hobby. Professionals have typed away for years before gamers and hipsters rediscovered mechanical keyboards and started special-snowflakeing every miniscule detail while pretending it matters.

There are regular ass people out there who type a lot better than you. They often don't give a flying fuck about what they're using and if they do care, their wishlist does not include obscure modified switches which somehow invariably end up in rooms filled with anime figurines or lying in the grass being photomodels for vapid fucking cunts who think showing off their purchases online is a legitimate hobby.

so you going to fuck off or what?

gateron browns are approved

Never try Gateron switches but nothing wrong with Cherry MX brown.

what are the switches in the bottom right?

i have a board with matias quiet click in them and i like them, but its still not very tactile. it may sound like blasphemy but i like the almost binary action on cheaper keyboards. there is resistance til you apply enough pressure and then you get very little travel and you know immediately that the key has been pressed.

are there any mechanical switches with that much of a tactile response? where there is no need to bottom out the key because its super clear when youve hit it?

Is there such a thing as an ML tester? I want to give it a go before investing a lot of time and money into a custom keyboard.

My next Keyboard might be mechanical but I want it to be quiet. I can hear my friends keyboards through walls.

Someone told me Browns were really quiet?

>Someone told me Browns were really quiet?

I don't know, did they?

they all look the same

they're quieter than some but they're still louder than rubberdomes

Browns are literal shit.

they're okay but they feel like linears compared to my jewlios

Found a cm firestorm TKL with browns at goodwill for 5 dollars been using every day since, now i just need to find some nice keycaps

massdrop sometimes has decent sets. they have a custom set of dolch miami up right now that is pretty sweet. i got a full set of green on white and white on green from them last year.

you can get them on aliexpress as well.

i saw the Miami ones they look great i just dont feel like waiting 4 months for them to arrive, though i may change my mind

Browns are quiet but if you bottom out it make some noise. You should brought it with O-ring.

i got it for 5$ so i was very happy, i ordered some o rings off ebay waiting fro them to come

so who's gonna give me a blowjob

why don't you make a mechanical keyboard masturbatory device. the keys wrap around your dick and you feel the keycap texture and the switch actuation against your dick

Gateron blues suck?

>shits on buckling spring

That's how I know this is wrong

Tried both, I actually think Gateron Browns are nicer and definitely cheaper, but Cherry Clears are better than both.

MOD tacticle switches. originative.co/products/mod-switch

>MOD

thanks, i grabbed a test kit. they sound good.

My ideal keyboard is the K95 RGB Platinum, yes I know it's ricer shit that you probably hate but please read below

>Budget
~$150
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Brown, Red, I don't really know. I haven't owned a mechanical keyboard since the mid-90s. The K95 RGB Platinum has Cherry MX Speed, how's that rate on the switch chart for gaming? Brown too.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% + 5-6 extra macro keys
>Backlight
Optional; my girlfriend sometimes uses it and she thinks it's pretty. Beyond that, I don't have use. Still no big deal to pay a little extra, though.
>Previous/current keyboards
Saitek Eclipse II

>Cherry Clears
Too heavy.

what about how cherry updated their molds to be smoother that gats?

Weakling.

You're right, most millionaires will use rubber dome. But not Topre.

Yet to actually be seen in any production boards.

Budget: $230
Switch: Cherry MX Brown
Layout: US
80% ‒ Tenkeyless
No LEDs

Currently using das keyboard model s ultimate with cherry mx browns. Bezzles could be smaller and level with the underside of the keys to make it easier to clean, and the numpad is getting in the way of my mouse placement.

Something like the Vortex Pok3r plus function- and navigation keys would be ideal.

Any ideas?

I know there are a few keyboards that have extra keys over the num pad like ducky and cooler master. I also think klictro has something similar as well.

buckling springs are overrated
t. model m user

>Bezzles could be smaller and level with the underside of the keys to make it easier to clean, and the numpad is getting in the way of my mouse placement.
fullsize fags BTFO

There is an 80% magicforce on massdrop right now, which also comes with the superior gateron browns

I don't get 80% boards. How often do people use F1-F12 keys? Dedicated Esc is okay, but it seems like a waste of a row.

>i only use my pc to browse Sup Forums and reddit

Why do you people have to be such massive faggots? "Artisan keycaps". Is "artisan" really the word you want to use for a bunch of plastic skulls?

Don't you sound like a fag to yourself?

that's a geekhack thing no one here is into that shit

>a waste of a row

Vast majority of the planet does just fine with full sized keyboards and never considers that other layouts even exist. But here you are advocating row frugality like it remotely fucking matters to anyone. And no, pretending that it matters so you can live out a bullshit fantasy where you're some sort of professional with special needs does not count as something that matters.

I bind universal music commands to my f keys, except f11 because fullscreen is comfy

I use F5 and F6 pretty frequently, then F10 and F11 in a shit game I play.

The only mechanical keyboard I've owned (and still use today) is the Razer Blackwidow. I have one of the original ones with proper Cherry blues, not Razer switches. I like the keyboard; but it's too large with it's xbox huge bezel, macro keys I don't use, and numpad I don't need.

What keyboard would you recommend under $200 CAD with Cherry Blue switches and tenkeyless?

>it's too large with it's xbox huge bezel, macro keys I don't use, and numpad I don't need
fullsize fags BTFO again

Can I get an opinion on the Steelseries M500? It seems like a pretty decent full-sized mechanical keyboard on a budget. Everything else I've managed to find for that price has that gross gaymur design.

sounds like you're just jealous. Tho just so you know these keycaps sell for like 30-50 bucks depedning in how complex it is. Its the scalpers who sell them for $500

You're talking like there's something inherently "proper" to cherries. I've tried one of the newer Razer keyboards that feature their own Kalih made switches and liked it better than any common cherry offering.

I've got an old Chicony with ancient cherry blues that I like better than what they are like now. They are slightly lighter with less stubborn actuation. Some would swear by that, but if it didn't say "cherry" on the switch, they'd pretend it's a bad thing.

Cherry worship is entry level, you gotta get over that.

since you are canadian, why not buy a canadian mechanical keyboard. there is one thing you canucks do better then the germans, and that is proper tactility.

I'm jealous of expensive cars, big houses, good food and some other things. Plastic skulls, monkeys and dongs - not so much. "Artisan" is just a fag word usually used by flannel wearing beardo nu males (used to call them hipsters, but people are so sick of hipsters they groan at the word itself).

whats the difference between the blue switch in "too loud and not very tactile", the blue switch in "chink shit, little kids made these in factories", the one in "pretty good tbqh senpai" and the one in "overpriced memes[...]"

for $99 you can get a Ducky One with doubleshot PBT keycaps, steel construction, and programmable macros with function layer mapping. Personally I'd skip the backlight, and go for dye-sub version.

you can even get razer greens separately for a custom build

aliexpress.com/store/product/For-rezer-shaft-mechanical-keyboard-shaft-for-green-shaft-mechanical-keyboard-shaft/2230037_32746332556.html

now hol' up

does that say 30 bucks per switch or am I imagining shit?

Will some modern cherry keycaps be compatible with this chicony old key board? I would like to change the layout to US. It has cherry blue I might want to keep using

well you've come to the wrong place to bitch about them. No one here actually takes geekwhack seriously and we're all meming

$30 for 65 switches

yes, except for that enter, delete, and bottom row modifiers. Everything else is standard

Because I haven't been in the market for a keyboard for half a decade and wasn't aware Canada made keyboards now

Canada has made their own mechanical switches since the end of 2012 I believe. They are superior clones of simplified alps, but not as good as complicated alps.

need 7u spacebar, big ass enter, 1u backspace, 1u key next to backspace, 1.5u ctrl x2, 1.5u alt x2

Funny you should post that, I mentioned my own several posts back. I'm assuming this is the KB-5191. This one is a kinder surprise deal where you never know which switches you're gonna get. Some indeed came with blues, like yours and mine.

Yes, they will be compatible with modern keycaps. However, you can't just order a modern ANSI set and call it a day. With this layout, you'll have two problems:

Ctrl and Alt are 1.5 sized, as opposed to the modern ANSI 1.25.

Big ass enter key -- just forget finding a keycap for this. However, you can get a modern 2.25 enter and put a dummy 1.5 above it so there's no unsightly hole.

As long as you get that sorted, you're good.

Also forgot to mention: you'll need a 7u spacebar. These are a bit rare, I'm looking for one myself.

aliexpress.com/item/13-Keys-OEM-Profile-White-Thick-PBT-Blank-Additional-Keycap-Supplement-Keycap-Special-Keycap-Set-Key/32643881365.html

Thanks man, but I have a special snowflake situation here because I'm looking for DSA blanks. Also, I still didn't decide on a color scheme. I intend to completely gut this thing and to replace the shell.

are gateron blues worth getting on the magicforce?

Thank you. Last time I posted about the chicony got nothing. I'm planning on using an arduino or similar device as a 5 pin to usb "adaptor. Windows/cmd key missing will be a problem. The hack might even add a remap for that

I also purchased a Rantopad MXX and will wait to test it before getting any keycaps. Had read it has thin abs keycaps. They will prolly be fine for me l, never used a mechanical before.

You did use your chicony though, didn't you. I mean, it's a mechanical keyboard.

You don't actually need anything fancy to get it working. Just a AT to PS/2 adapter and then a PS/2 to USB adapter if you don't have a PS/2 output on your motherboard.

There is this one keycap set that actually covers all your nonstandard keys, but its expensive and in DSA profile. It costs $140 for everything in the pic.

I lost the at adapter after some time without using it because the layout and the lack of Windows key bothered me :/. Also couldn't use it on osx cause apple doesn't support ps/2. (Hackintosh/windows dual boot)
Forgive that just found the at adapter
Anyway will miss the cmd key

Thanks for that, but for that kind of money, I can just buy a new keyboard. The entire appeal to me is to get this one going with minimal investment. Though building a new case for it may end up fairly expensive.

did i do ok with my first buy?
ducky one TKL RGB, cherry mx blue