What's stopping you from installing FreeBSD?

What's stopping you from installing FreeBSD?

For me:
>Lack of Atom/VS code support

Been there done that. It's garbage.

Does normieshit like Netflix and Spotify work with FreeBSD? If not, then that. If yes, I'll prolly switch.

literally nothing works on BSD.

I don't want to fuck around with making stuff work any more than I already do with Linux.

Nothing. I'm using Hackintosh right now.

What is Stallman telling Terry?

That's not freeBSD, mactard. Get out of this thread please.

No.
Spotify _may_ work with wine.
Netflix I am not so sure, because of the DRM engine it uses, only using (((google-chrome))) or a specific version of chromium.

PS: I am not a BSD user, BSD-plebeians fell free to correct me if I am wrong.

"Time to take the shots"

But thorazine makes Terry tired :(((((

shh, no tears; only dreams now

Oh well, I'll just stick with Void. I'm not part of the systemd botnet[spoiler], which doesn't exist[/spoiler] and everything works.

I am used to red hat enterprise linux 7.

bhyve is a piece of shit, so until freebsd gets proper virtualization support i'll stay with linux

uni wifi shits the bed on freebsd for some reason, linux works without any problems
it's a shame because i love freebsd but that's not something i can really sacrifice

On your desktop? Are you retarded?

LUKS and LVM are too cozy to give up

I prefer OpenBSD

shitty wifi card support (ndis sucks monkey ass) and no NetworkManager/nm-applet.

that's literally it's only problem as far as I'm concerned. It's design philosophy of "base system separate from installed software" should be adopted by (GNU/)Linux devs IMO.

there are no spoilers on Sup Forums kek

Geli and ZFS are superior, though.

FreeBSD's zfs encryption is better and easier to setup tbqh senpai

I use Linux.

faggot

Lack of Windows

good for freebsd users, one less faggot using their OS.

It's one of the newest hypervisors around, the fuck do you expect

Shit driver support. You'd think with a cuck license you'd be able to bet MORE binary firmware, but noo.

Hardware support is shit. Doesn't support Intel integrated graphics even, nor nvidia Optimus cards so you're stuck with some shit driver. My nic is only supported in the very latest builds and it's not even new

Wrong board

Intel IGPs up to Haswell are supported, as well as all Nvidia cards and all AMD cards up to the HD7000 series. Optimus is irrelevant, you should feel bad for buying a 1337 gaymen laptop.

It's like using Debian 15 years ago. It's a good way to learn if Ubuntu has made you fat.

lack of osx

If you're interested in really learning Unix, it pays to use variants to see the differences and the similarities to really get a handle on how things work.

FreeBSD really lost a lot of love and momentum after the changes to 5, but now 11 is a very featured and stable system. It's not the easiest to handle but it's not the hardest either.

On the subject, if you've got a router PC or VPS, why not give OpenBSD a try?

If your hardware supports it, give it a whirl.

So only poorfags need used freebsd. Gotcha