>2017
>youtube defaults to 480p

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/youtube/answer/91449?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we don"t all have google fiber mate

because they try to not exclude third world countries (e.g. the usa) from their service.
if americas internet infrastructure would be on the same level als europes it would probably default to 1080p and 25mbps

Bandwidth efficiency is more important than hurr pixulz!!1
Most of the times, normalfags don't benefit from very high resolution so why waste bandwidth, which by the way, is fucking astronomical as it is?

>2017
>having an internet connection so fast that YouTube defaults to 480p

Life's not fair, is it?

Oh hey, it's the daily "I wasted too much money on a high resolution monitor and need to justify my purchase" post

It defaults to 1080p for me though.

Kek

It doesn't "default" to anything but this is Sup Forums so why am I expecting any of you people to be up to date on social media sites or technology in general.
YouTube will intentionally set the video quality depending on your connection. You can literally turn this off if you had just tried to look at the settings for 5 seconds before posting.

It defaults to 1080p on Linux for me, but to 480p when using Windows.
Similarly Captcha works without any selection bullshit on linux, while on windows I have to type it a million times.

Do you own a 480p monitor?

US has 1gbs in a lot of cities now
it's literally just middle of nowhere faggots who have shit internet

>being jealous because you live in a rat hive
Don't you have to go groom yourself until you starve, beautiful one?

Shit's so annoying on android. Why can't I just set a default resolution?

Even worse when I watch a video that has a shit max resolution like 240p and then this is what the next video defaults to

Defaults to 360p in Safari :[[[[

You can change that to your liking.

It chooses its default based on your monitor's resolution. Upgrade your piece of shit.

False
Dual 1080p monitors here.

WHY WON'T THEY LET ME WATCH 4K ON MY 1024X786 MONITOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I refuse to believe there are adults that like minions

Yes, human eye can't see past 320x240 at 20 FPS, anyway.

Your internet connection is shit or your window size is tiny.

support.google.com/youtube/answer/91449?hl=en

it sets the default depending on how good your connection is, it never defaults to that for me on any device i've ever touched.

>Install Dev Center extension
>No ads
>Video auto-fills the window
>Defaults to whatever resolution you want
>Can disable DASH playback, turn on "afterglow" effects, and a whole bunch of other random bullshit
wa la

My English teacher wore minion earrings in like 2013

are you from australia or something haha
it default to 1080p

mpv doesn't have this problem

wrap your pickup around a tree, ruralfag

There are fucking loads. I don't get it either

I can't believe there are adults that watch Chinese cartoons. Some people just have poor taste.

Then why doesn't Google allow audio-only playback? Seeing as a lot of people use youtube as a music player, they could save a lot by not serving them the video track.

my 55 year old aunt was posting minion images to facebook non-stop for a while. it was cringey

There aren't any audio only ads.

I don't understand what started this and why minion memes are so interesting to middle aged women

Another shitty YT update and with no option to can't change it back to dark mode. What do?

I want to see a cock so badly.

>video player doesn't take the whole screen by default
>youtube auto algo only test your bandwidth for the first 2 seconds and you're stuck on 480p even if it gets better after a while
What happened to letting people chose shit in their setting instead of enforcing a auto for all by default policy. I hate this "we purified the user" interface trend

Never give up, senpai.

>someone would unironically post this

Om my PC it defaults to either 720 or 480,but on my phone it nearly ALWAYS defaults to 144p(960x540 res)
Quite annoying tbvqhwymf

>he doesn't know about Theater Mode

My shit defaults to 4k with 500 mbps, and a 1080p screen

Because people still get stuck with shit internet

You cant still manually change the resolution you idiot.

Can* fuck me

Unless you full screen that shit, it chooses the appropriate res for the video size in the browser. Your net speed is also important.

On my MacBook Pro it defaults to 720P in the browser window. Beyond 1080P full screen.

>t. Rural and suburban retard

I'm assuming since you are using Android and are presumably not a retard, that you are using Newpipe to view your Youtube videos. In which case, go to the menu in the upper right hand corner, go to settings, and the third option should be the default resolution.

If by chance you are not using Newpipe, uninstall whatever you were using before, and install Newpipe.