Smartphones that aged very well

Smartphones that aged very well.

Lg g2 :

Full hd screen
3000mAh battery
75.9% screen-to-body ratio
Good camera still.
Good overall performance.

I have one, but it started falling apart around 2 years after I got it.
Portions of screen stopped reacting to touch. Then the GPS stopped working. Then the headphones port started outputting only on the left channel. Then, even more of the screen got burned out, to the point that it became almost unusable. At this point bought a new phone, used G2 as a media device until my cat dropped in from my desk and the screen shattered. Now all of it is unfuncional. Had to wipe it clean. I wanted to throw it away but I got too attached to it...
Pic related is my busted G2

Great performance
Latest roms (literally android 7.2)
Great battery life
'Eh' camera, but more then good enough

Plus that sexy sand grain cover

Yeah heard about the touchscreen issue.
i once had an issue with the screen showing dead pixels and flickering everywhere, i had to open it, it was an issue with the emi filter, hopefully it still works until now.

i want to change it for the lenovo p2 which has a phenomenal battery life, but i can't let it go i don't know why.

Well I was forced to switch to a new device. It's probably hard to get rid of it because it was my first true high end smartphone in which I experienced true Android freedom. It's specs are not that bad these days either (except maybe the SoC).

As is the same with every decent Android phone
>great hardware
>runs a terrible, unforgivably shit operating system

The OS is all that matters and Android is a disgusting sack of pajeetery which will always be 2nd place to glorious iOS.

I'm still using 4+ year old S3 with LOS 7.1.2
had to replace the battery once though

Obligatory

Triggered.

Back to >>>/Reddit/ you go.

my nexus 6 is still pretty perfect. other than the nexus lettering falling off

I guarantee I've been here longer than you. Nice projection though.

lg g2 here, shit's GOAT.
still snapy as fuck.

Don't know what happened to lg with post lg g2 phones.

I have it, the phone is goat, but fuck me is it brittle I broke then screen 3 times.

Still using G2. I don't see a reason to upgrade when the next phone is gonna be unnoticably faster.

iphone 6
still performs faster than androids and has a headphone jack

some might even argue its the best iphone still

5s was better

-_-

Kys

Nexus 5 masterrace here

My ass is second place to glorious iOS. If you let an old iPhone update at all it'll run slower than your mom's ass up a hill in January.

Which Galaxy was the best?
I'd say 4. It still has good performance, has IR, and SD card slots.

Even iphone 5 is still perfectly usable.

Just shitpoating from my g2 2,5 years old with cm13

Galaxy note 2
By today's standards, it'd be rather low end, but the fact of it's age and how it can still hold its own today is just great. It's still competitively usable and can run PlayStation emulators just fine compared to a cheap burner with a 410 in it.
And for basic stuff, a quad core CPU, 2gb o dedotated wam, 16gb of expandable storage, s-pen, and a 4+ hour SoT with original battery make it really well equipped, even for 2k17.
For me the only 2 flaws with it as it stands were the weight and burn in, which is to be expected on an 4 year old AMOLED display that's used daily.
Also the more than alive rom support and simple serviceable build mean that this thing's still feeling fresh all around.

Also pajeet unofficial LineageOS rom from xda has already proven itself to be way more reliable than any official CM rom I've used.

Every smartphone with latest LOS support and enough RAM(>1 GB) to run it smoothly.

4. It also had a thermometer, hygrometer, and all sorts of other shit that was neat.

Lineage is really good for g2

isn't the camera shit tho?
I'm still on stock lollipop just because AFAIK camera on roms is shit.

I'm still using the original nexus.
Bit slow but still works fine.

you forgot
>disgustingly hideous "LG" logo that ruins everything on the front
>shit camera on LineageOS

I loved mine, until it stopped working one day out of the blue. Stripped it down to the mainboard and baked it, that brought it back to life, but I didn't trust it enough to use as a daily driver after that, especially since I had to do it again.

This senpai, what roms are good? I am looking for something to replace cyanogen atm

My GPS stopped working too.

It lasted me a good while, tho I killed it off by I did a ton of tethering.
Got the note 5... flm
Dropped it and now have v20
Gonna see if it holds up to time

I have my galaxy S5 and haven't yet considered getting a new phone.
>waterproof
>chugs along nicely without a single reinstall
>2800 mAh replaceable (bought current seemingly authentic battery for 12$, 2+ years ago)
>FHD

cons:
>should reinstall to clean out useless shit
>I bought the extra battery and battery charger because the charging circuit seemingly disconnected 2 years ago, accepting no charge.
It seems this problem fixed itself some time after that. (???)
>cheap metallic coat on plastic edges is getting worn (these same plastic edges saved the screen by deforming)
>1+ year ago it used to reboot in my pocket asking for a pin and keeping me from receiving notifications unbeknownst to me (some update fixed this)

It seems Samsung fucked up their scheduled obsolescence.

>i wasted my life more than you
A clear victory

iPhone 5.

There's literally no reason to upgrade.

great screen with great aspect ratio
good battery life
capable cpu
fast secure (but locked down sadly) os with android app compatibility (up to android 4.3)
great keyboard
suprising good speakers (not M8 good but will drown out mostly everything else)
okay camera
functional port of google play services(if you believe in botnet)
cons I will admit:
locked down os
shit dac
abandonware os only held up by androids autistic fragmentation
non removable battery

really aged well desu especially if youre going foss only

>reddit spacing
>kys poster
did /r/Sup Forums become too stale or something?

>just 4
note 4 or s4? I'd say the note 4 is more based honestly

memes aside this phone has 81 hours of battery life on gsmarena test, when S8+ has 88. 4 years of development for %10 gain battery life, wew

5s you mean
5 is a laggy piece of shit with 2 hour battery

LineageOS it's the same cyanoGenmod devs.

I have a Classic coming in the mail. I'll probably just sell it though. Wanted a keyboard but BB10 is so abandoned... it's sad. Not even going to bother with the keyone. Just going to keep using this oneplus. The passport looks nice.. but kinda wide.

it is a bit wide but it actually grows on you also maybe you shouldnt too hast. The only reason I even have a passport is because I bought a Q10 for shits and giggles but ended up loving it so much that I sold it and bought a passport. Unless you use snapchat (personally I'm over the novelty but I still keep my S5 so I can check what people sent once every week or so) or some other app that has some weird compatibility issues (which 95% apps dont have) BB 10 is perfectly fine for a few more years until even the more shitty apps dont even target android 4.3 or lower
fun fact: I was even able to play gta san andreas on my Q10

I don't really use too many apps. Maybe I'll try the classic for awhile. OnePlus one is pretty solid still. I lineage. Anything I should install onto the blackBerry? I don't want gapps but I think I'll try fdroid.

HTC One M8 still strong after 4 years

I still have the m7
Still the slimmest all aluminum phone out there. HTC went to shit after not being able to make a better phone than this

Also, I sense I'd like the discreteness of the classic. Passport is too large for my personal taste. Wish they'd just update these phones. BlackBerry will be dead soon at this rate. Nice keyboards on their devices. Touchscreen is sad. My other keyboards are a thinkpad t430 and a model m on my desktop. I'm mostly getting the classic for the keyboard to test out.

tell Nabil to fuck off

FIRST GEN MOTO G MOTHERFUCKER

>aluminum
Why dont they make a titanum or magnum or vanadum fone? xd

I have a G3 I got in 2014 and it still works fantastically

nothing specific. maybe get WAA fixer if you use whatsapp or the android version of whatever messaging app you use. f droid is good too. Everything else like pdf readers or note taking apps and youtube background play is already built in so its good
one last thing though some certificates are missing from the browser which is just unbelievable how blackberry let that fly but you can just google the certificate and download the .pem file directly and manually install them no problem. It's not really prevalent but you do end running into it every now and then like for gfycat or desmos
oh and make sure the previous owner disabled blackberry protect if you bought it used

Thanks.. still unsure about trying bb10 in 2017 but they're great hardware and good software just unsupported.. lame. It's like a 0% marketshare

>T430
>Model M
my man I use a T430 with a RT3200
also yeah the passport is a bit wide which does get some attention sometimes but its okay ergonomically like I can type with one hand just fine

I consider BB10 devices locked android 4.3 devices at this point honestly. I'm just glad google didnt cuck blackberry like they did microsoft

Yeah I'm sure it's a fine phone and factor. I just want it to be slim and compact. I get tired of carrying these minibricks in my pocket. Might try the dorky holster it comes with too.

Yeah it's practically just android. Still no support really blows. I wish someone finds an exploit and gives support like these rom guys but I doubt it.

Haha you use that thinkpad keyboard with a dock presumably? what a nerd! How is it? I was tempted at one point. Is it essentially a model m?

enjoy your bootloop

This just happened to a guy I work with a day ago.
The bootloop is real.

Blackberry passport

Same.

I hated my G3 two weeks in.

me too. I wish someone would just release the android rom they did for the passport but for all their phones

no no I use the one with the trackpoint. Also for being a rubber dome it is really great. It feel like its a mechanical keyboard but most people who've felt it thought it was and has been blown away that it isnt

Wonder if those holsters come in molle. I know its autistic but I'm too at this point to care

5S

'Nuff said

or fading to black.
that happened to me. Literally had to go to LG's authorized repair shop in person and tell them to swap the motherboard after they swapped the screen twice and charged me the first time for it

Using LG G3, cant set lockscreen password with LineageOS, and crashes when you attempt to record video...

Otherwise, its an amazing phone, bootloop hasn't happened yet.

>not the superior 6s with 2gb ram and unmatched single-thread performance unaffected by touch disease

Funny enough, I saw a mole carrier for my one plus today. I don't have a vest yet but I have an m1 garand I'm pretty proud of.

Maybe we'll get a lucky break with the bb10 devices.. will hold onto my OPO for now.

The RT3200 looks interesting. Older rubber domes are probably tolerable.

LG G2 was so close to being the perfect phone...and then LG fucked up.
The back buttons design is GOAT, wish it were more mainstream among phone manufacturers :/

>Then don't update it
There solved. I'm Running 9.3.1 on my 5s and the little thing is running fine like no tomorrow. Also I think if you jailbreak you stop getting those annoying update iOS notifications. Jailbreaking also has a ton of nice tweaks. For example since my iPhone has just 16gb memory I use spotify for my music. Installed tweak called Spotilife and enjoy full version of spotify for free.
S3 because it it had replacable battery

xperia z2, still using it, still rocks

S4 and S5 also had a replaceable battery.

S4 was great tho. Gave mine to my sister (who already shattered it to pieces) when I got a 32GB G3 last year.

posting this from my 3 year old G2
still silky smooth and never had problems with it

Note 3
Only thing that makes me want to upgrade is the shit tier camera

Nokia N8. Still a better buy than a high end dedicated MP3 player because the DAC inside it is insanely awesome.

My Note 2 just died 2 months ago.
Screen was off, LED started to flash as if I received some notification. Wanted to turn the screen on but nothing happened.

After removing battery and putting it back in - the thing went completely dead. Ordered a new set of buttons, but I think it's the "black screen of death", the emmc chip gave up.

got a $99 ZTE smartphone manufactured for a specific telecom company thats lastest 2 years now with absolutely no problems. it is undeniably slower than when i bought it but its not a problem and neither is replacing it

THIS. The camera still blows people away.

OnePlus One.
I am running LineageOS with no Google Integration, battery life is still decent, and I carry a 9000mAh power bank with me.

This, have no reason to get a new phone. Hardly ever use the camera but it does the job when I need it

heck, I'm still using LG Optimus G as daily driver

How do you transfer files from your machines to your 5S? Don't tell me it's a complicated procedure...

Summer is coming, user, summer is coming...

>HTC One M8 still strong after 4 years

I thought it came out in March 2014. Has your phone aged beyond its years?

frogspeak is so strange

anyway, I'd say LG Optimus II, I still use mine

seconded for note 3. Still using it with ressurection rom and its gr8

What are you guys going to do when stops supporting those phones?

Xperia Z reporting in.
Had to replace my HTC Hd2.
Probably should have gotten a HTC M7 tho.

The G3 is better

Still using today with no signs of wearing. I'm not even a case cuck. The first month I got it it fell face first 3-4' onto concrete. Not a scratch as I picked it up and turned it around expecting a horror show.

>The G3 is better
except not

I love my knote 5 tis the shits

>Still the best designed phone
>Still got everything you want
>Easy to repair and replace parts
>Every phone released the past 3 years have been disappointing
>Is literally One Gr8 M8

HTC 11 and OP5 will probably be another disappointment, mainly because they lack stereo front speakers

This rom is so bliss

I just hook it up to itunes and transfer away. Though, I only ever tried transfering music. Never needed anything else on it.

Xperia Z2
1080p
3200 mAh
2.3 GHz Quadcore / 3 GB
Amazing camera
4K recording
Waterproof

HTC HD2

i heard that Z3 and the Z3 compact have a very good battery life.

Almost four years old and still one of the best phones on the market.

The Z2s battery is a bit bigger, I'm not sure if the Z3 is better. They hold extremly long for smartphone standards.