How can we save tablets?

How can we save tablets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HADz7BMJ1aY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tablets
Why? They're garbage

We can't and I don't think we should.

>tfw have used my tablet for about 5 hours in total since I've bought it 2 years ago

Blow up Shenzhen China and get them to stop flooding the market with cheap knock off bullshit.

Improve ergonomics and form factors of the hardware. Create a true media consumption device that is designed for all day use. Get screens that are backlit E-ink and Amoled in one. Get them to wirelessly sync with laptops and PCs similar to samsung side load but not proprietary.

Finally, start getting content specifically for tablets and ending click bait ad links that clutter web pages.

FPBP

Quiet a lot of laptops are touchscreen now, phones have gotten bigger and they don't exactly change a whole with each revision. The whole tablet trend started with the ipad which was just an oversized iphone (protip it still is) thats really all it ever was, every android tablet followed suit.

My parents asked for a laptop, but I got them tablet instead. They love it.

It's the perfect replacement for old people who pretty much just browse web and send email. No viruses for me to constantly clear either, unlike other relatives with laptops.

let people install whatever OS they want on them.

This starts with manufacturing tabets that don't require proprietary crapware and GPL violating linux kernel additions to work.

I still have my Nexus 7 (2013). Why do I need a new tablet if the old is still good enough?

I want to get a tablet for the sake of gaymen, reading and watching stuff but I feel like it'd be a retarded move because
1. I've got my laptop, albeit 12.5" and 1366×768, for movies and
2. My 5.5" phone isn't exactly small.

Tablets are the netbooks of mobile devices

Can't. They don't serve a purpose anymore since they are just giving away smart phones.

remember when everyone said that tablets are going to kill PCs?

did they think that gravy train would continue indefinitely?

Make it weight 100 grams
Make it last 8 hours at full brightness
Make it able to have 15 tabs open
Make it costs 250 euros or less

Anything less (or more, in case of weight) and it's shit.

>remember when everyone said that tablets are going to kill PCs?
Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=HADz7BMJ1aY

Tablets never should have existed.

They will always be a niche. Sales will keep declining until it reflects it's true target audience.

What sort of target audience tablets have?

Phones got big enough and fast enough that they're unnecessary. The only one who uses the iPad in my household is my 4 year old.

Literally nobody knows

Why do flagship tablets always seem to have sure shittier specs than their smartphone counterparts?

iPad doesn't have this problem.

Learn that the market for a new device class will eventually saturate and not grow infinitely.

Alternatively put more effort into the planned obsolescence of your products.

They were doomed from the start. They have neither the portability of a smartphone nor the processing power of a laptop.

Those laptop/tablet hybrids are really nifty

>what's market saturation?

Śomeone explain to me the purpose of tablets. Why would you get one when it just seems like a super gimped laptop with an awful input device?

Tablets are too small. Otherwise schools would have adopted them for textbooks.

Tablets are good for reading because you get more vertical space.

I bought an 8-inch tab s2 for cheap a couple of months ago. Pretty good device, very nice screen resolution and prefect size and aspect ratio for a tablet imo. Mostly use it to read books, watch videos/tv and shitposting while on my bed so I only have charge it like twice a week.

If you're in college or university and don't have all your books on a tablet backed up to a cloud or a server you're just wasting everyone's time.

In private schools for primary education they already sync your homework up to your smart phones. And only the richest public school districts hand out tablets to students.