How do we stop browsers from killing our SSDs?

How do we stop browsers from killing our SSDs?

Turn off caching

Cache into RAM

This kills the ram

by not using mozilla

What are you. A RAMlet?
Yes, use chrome to cache everything to the cloud.

but chrome does it too

If all you do is browsing you'll only get close to wearing it down after 50 years of usage.

plus you get the cache empty and
irrecoverable every power off

Disable it. It's trivial on both of them.

>

Browser cache to spinning HDD.

can it be done?

Yes. Just as easy as disabling it completely.

or magentic tape

cache it into a floppy just for the lol
post results

PO box or home address?

Only use ssd for OS. Install the browser ON HDD

5 seconds of searching. Top result:

Goddamn...
I'm no expert. I'm actually rather stupid, to be honest, oniifam. But, some of you simply don't fucking belong here at all.

This, it's not like it changes much since browsers use so much fucking RAM nowadays.

lern2 tmpfs dumb feelposter

actually yes, It would be a better idea to move the whole user folder to the HDD, I think I'll do that instead.
Too many programs abuse the user folder

Actually it doesn't fucking matter at all and defeats the whole point of getting an SSD.

no it doesn't, I didn't ask for that shit to be installed there and to constantly dump its crap in there either.
If I want something to run off of the SSD I'll specifically install it there

>getting an SSD
>not using it
The dumbest post of the day award.

It doesn't

I know. I was joking

shut the fuck up, I want my ssd to last at least 95 years

Why do people worry about their SSDs? I have nothing but a 480gb SSD on my computer and it seems to last a fucking lifetime.

They cost absolutely fucking nothing nowadays and seem to last forever. Who the fuck cares if one dies, just get a new one. You do that for most technology anyways.

if i'm paying for a fast drive i'd rather put things i actually need to run fast on it than fucking browser cache that takes up needless space

> use computer 8 hrs / day / erryday
> entire appdata\roaming\mozilla folder is 360mb

If you retards knew the write volume your phones do every time an app gets evicted from RAM, you'd be in a corner babbling senselessly.

I put everything there and everything runs fast. Why even use HDDs anymore unless you need a shit ton of data.

Most of Sup Forums is more concerned about their SSD wearing out than themselves aging in the process of worrying over their SSD and eventually dying themselves.

Nothing lasts forever you idiots.

I actually sucked 4 different dicks to be able afford pic related, I don't want to ever have to do that again (one was uncut and the worst) so sorry if I want to get as much fucking life out of my SSD as possible, not everyone like you doesn't mind sucking so many dicks because your SSD suffers great wear and tear.

by buying post-2012 ssd, nothing more.
Stop worrying about useless shit like that

Mount tmpfs into /tmp, change $XDG_CACHE_HOME to /tmp//.cache and if you're afraid of running out of ram, get a few GB swap partition. Programs have priority to tmpfs, so you don't have to worry about shit slowing down. You can even use the SSD for fast swap, it's probably gonna get used rarely anyway.

You should learn to enjoy sucking dicks

I'm fine with texture, it's the taste that's the issue.

You should get them to wash their dicks before sucking them.

I don't know what killed my SSD, but I sure as hell know I have not written 22TB to my SSD in its 8 months of power-on time.

Media Wearout Indicator is at 42% (I know it's not accurate, but it's still a useful number).
I just today put all the measures in place that would stop Chromium from raping my drive (cache in tmpfs, profile-sync-daemon), but is it worth it at this point?
I still have 3 out of 5 years of warranty left, I should probably let the drive keep getting raped and just get a replacement when it dies in a year or two (it's been at 55% in January).

>they cost absolutely fucking nothing nowadays
No, they cost 30% more than 6 months ago. The time for buying SSDs has past.

>muh dying ssds
i've been using a single adata ssd for my os and all my programs since 2011 and its still running like a charm.

1.3 * fucking nothing = still fucking nothing

this

100000000 * fucking nothing = still fucking nothing XDDDD
Fuck off consumerist sheep. Not everyone enjoys being cucked by jews.

You do know what caches are used for, right?
Right?

>werks for me :^)
not an argument, go back to your fucking forums

the cache and session keeping worked fine on an hdd so there's no reason why I shouldn't move it back there

pls no ableism pls k thx :-)

>muh ssd cycles
will this meme ever die?

>power off
What

It's not a meme though, TBW limits is a real thing as stated on the manufactures websites of SSDs.

just put the browser cache on the HDD as I always did

this is also fine, RAM isn't nearly as wearable as SSDs are. It may as well be less wearable than HDDs as everything we use from there passes by the RAM several times.

It's also true that modern SSDs aren't nearly as wearable as the first ones were, so we don't have to worry that much, but if you have an HDD to put your cache on, it's a good idea to do so.

Kill them yourself first.

I don't even want my life to last 95 years man wtf are you taking about?

>intel SSD

they probaly have a hardware backdoor in their SSD's aswell and they stole your data

It's all software-encrypted, friend.

Also,
>being this retarded

>linux
>separate / and /usr to different partitions or disks for easier install
>wow, that's genius!

>windows
>seperate windows and user folder
>omg fucking retard! why would you ever do that?

answer my bait, you faggots

I don't have to worry about this since my 850 pro is MLC. :)