Japanese Thread / 日本語スレッド

This thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Japan.
Let's tark at randam in Japanese and English. Take it easy!

#Previous Thread ---Useful Links---

今までのスレ一覧
>desustorage.org/int/search/subject/Japanese thread/
Real Kana
>realkatana.com/
How to Learn Japanese
>docs.google.com/document/d/1jrMXTVapkGlYSyQDwppETbz62ltcknJITQ7ll6bH8QM/edit?pli=1#
100 most common Japanese words
>docs.google.com/document/d/1GK7W2AwWsQr5VvgDYRMKSrhTJhDSkB5_jlaVGJks-Hc/pub

次スレを立てる前に必ずスレ立て宣言をして下さい。次スレリンクも忘れずに。
Please declare before making a new thread, and put the next link.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tasuketekudasai I can't delete this thead desu

thanks

Let's circlejerk!

おつかれ

LOUD NOISES

Hey guys! I've started teaching myself Japanese for about 5 days now. I now have a firm grasp on Hiragana.

Good Read, Good Wank.

これから、we can expect posts such as

「おはいよう
わたすわあのんです
どそよろしきおねがします
はじめましで」

Arigato sensei san

どんなに小さな成果であっても褒めてやるんだ。

You bet my にいが

昨日南フランス人と話した時パリ人はどれだけ他のフランス人を凌駕するか再びわかった
言動は本当に野蛮人のようだった

Don't spend too much time on it. You'll either give up or get kana beat into your head every time you read Japanese. No point in mastering it before actually learning words and reading.

when I was first studying I said "fuck it" half way through learning katakana and just learned it on the job

I'm going to learn Katakana now and then I'm going to work on the Sup Forums Japanese Daily Thread suggested program to learn vocab.

Hey guys, I have a question for you. How long does it take you to learn enough Kanji to be literate?

Last year I learned hiragana and katakana, but Kanji was quite discouraging so I took a break. I feel like in the time it would take to learn all the Kanji, I could learn an whole other language.

>Sup Forums Japanese Daily Thread

Stonehenge

ラクダは乾燥地にあってこぶに栄養素を蓄えて生き延びているのである。

アニメのために日本語を勉強してる奴に自殺を推奨する

>パリ人の優越感

どっちか選べ
>パリ人
>フランス人

This is bait

depends on how fast you study
you can learn the 100 most common kanji in like a week and not be able to read anything but the most simple texts

however I found that wrote study of Kanji is the fastest way to burn you out and make you quit, 100% of the time or your money back (guaranteed)

I also found that reading and learning vocabulary in context was much more effective in teaching me kanji than slogging through an anki deck

of course I still used anki. However, instead of forcing myself to do the decks until I learned the individual kanji, I would go through at a leisurely pace to familiarize myself with a large amount of kanji, maybe learn some of the meanings, and recognize the patterns between the combinations of radicals and how they reflect in pronunciation and meaning.

未翻訳のエロ漫画が日本語で読めた時に「勝ったな」と思っただろ、レミちゃん

> I feel like in the time it would take to learn all the Kanji, I could learn an whole other language.

also this is true, very true. Japanese is not for people who value instant gratification

フランス人(パリ在住でない)

Haha, I started studying Japanese there a few (it must be more than 4 now) years ago. When I was there most of the advice had some validity, but don't pay too much attention to what people say.

Also as a result of it, I can read Japanese at a decently high level even without using it for a while, and my listening is decent (actually pretty bad), but my output is essentially non-existent. If you give me 30 minutes to write a few paragraphs I can probably do it, but I literally never practiced output so I'm about as far from fluent as you can be.

Keep that in mind when studying there. Most people in those threads (at least when I was there) are just concerned about consuming stuff from Japan.

The way to learn to read kanji is to write them in words while saying the reading in your head over and over

people in DJT would rather discuss the meta of learning japanese rather than actually putting pencil to paper and learning the fucking language they're bitching about in the first place

it might have been okay a few years ago but it's worthless now

This is completely true. I ended up spending more time shitposting and talking about learning than actually learning. That's why I left.

俺が文学賞を取るとオマイラに単行本を送る
韓国語読めねぇのは分かるけど記念品として
サインもして送るから
俺が宣言するとオマイラの近くのコンビニのアドレスを教えて
おまいらは俺の唯一の友達(かも?)だから

>in your head

Thanks for the well thought out reply. I will indeed take your advice because like you say, only learning Kanji makes you burned out.

そうかもしれないけど文学を読む時の勝利感に比べれば笑えるもんだ

騙されませんよ

Do you say them out loud?

おちゅかれ
現在、「一国市場経済」は、幻想に過ぎない。
経済の国際化は労働市場の国際化であり、゜労働力商品の価格、即ち、賃金は世界的な均衡に達するまで、先進国は相対的に下降し、後進国は上昇する。
例えば、「円安」は、国際市場に於いて、日本の賃金の相対的な下降に等しい。
しかしながら、日本は「失われた20年」のデフレと相対的な賃金の上昇により蓄えられた豊かな「国内市場」を持ち、結果、日本の円の信用の集中即ち円高の要因ともなっている。
結論から言えば、「国民の豊かさ」を維持する上で「人口増」は必要である。
しかし、日本で標準的な労働力商品を再生産するのに必要な価値、つまり「人」の再生産価格は高いので、日本経済を単位とした場合にはプラスになることは、
労働者つまり国民そのものの生産価格を「ダンピング」でもなければ難しい。
韓国の一時期の経済成長は、その「ダンピング」に支えられていたことを想いだせ。
Remmyはパリジャンじゃなく、吸血幼女だろ?
おホモは乾燥地にあっては尻に栄養素を蓄えて生き延びているのである。

ありがとな
韓国語読めないから原書は無理だけど翻訳版もちゃんと買うから

>you can learn the 100 most common kanji in like a week

It took me 3 months to learn the first 100 kanji. I just couldn't get myself to give enough of a shit to actually get them down. Then all of a sudden I just suddenly 'got it' and learned 900 more in the next 3 months with kunyomi, onyomi, and stroke order. After that I just learned from vocab.

You should become literate by (trying) reading. Also if it seems impossible, just keep trying. Eventually it'll work out.

太宰治とか?

Y-yes
Is that wrong?
When i say them in my head I'm super fluent no accent japanese kakkoi voice native.
When i say them out loud I am what I am.

ぱんちゅでちゅ

>big Russian bear shouting Japanese words in his little log cabin

I'm gonna contradict myself for a bit here.
When you first start out, you're not gonna be able to read /anything/. This is the only time I'm going to suggest rote-studying kanji. However, only do it for the first 200-250. Even then, don't sweat it. Just get the meanings down. If you're burning out, just take a break and read a few children's stories.

Also don't think you HAVE to know the kanji before you can start reading. Just dive in there and use jisho.org to look them up.

I've kinda slacked off on actually learning my nippongo and I've wound up way backed up on my anki decks. I can read more than ever now though, which is kinda weird

I'll study hard as shit for a few months and notice no difference
then I'll fuck around and shitpost for a few and suddenly I can read 2ch no problem.
It's really weird.

Your Japanese sounds kinda cute
Or just your voice is cute?

I don't like the sound of my voice
Also I'm paranoid about letting my internal monologue slip out into my speech cause I'm afraid I'm crazy so I make it a rule not to speak out loud unless I'm speaking to a person.

韓国語の翻訳は無料サイトの翻訳でも90%正確に翻訳されるから大丈夫。("´∀`)bグッ!

Yeah, language learning is like sprinting. I've found that I can extend my bursts of learning, but I'll eventually hit a wall. And when I come back, I have less vocab but I'm much more comfortable with the language. Lots of weird stuff going on in the brain.

>都道府県別の出生率
一番高いのは沖縄県、一番低いのは東京都
南の地方が高く、北の地方が低い傾向
東日本では福島県が一番高い

ぼくの全てはかわいいです~

That's crazy talk

はい

お前らたちさんはいつから日本語を勉強していますか

ベットで裸を寝ています

but when others can hear you it's exactly the time to be afraid of having your inner monologue be heard!

Yeah well I want to make sure no one hears my thoughts.
When I was younger I was convinced I had a speech bubble over my head only I couldn't see that broadcast my thoughts to everyone.
Probably most people think that at some point.

純文学を読むやつが漫画ばかり読むやつを馬鹿にする
なんかどこかで見たことある構図
まあ日本の大学にいる外国人の教授はオタクっぽい人いないよ

What I'm talking about it never letting myself develop a habit of speaking out loud to myself.
Lots of people do it, and I bet when they go crazy and start saying crazy shit it's because they have formed that habit.
I never want to form the habit, so that if I do go crazy, no one will know.

変態!変態!変態!

I can't say I've ever experienced this

物心ついたあたりには日本語喋る訓練してたからなぁ。
文法とかは、小学校からだけど

来週から始める予定です。

Being psychotic is just like not being psychotic.
Well, actually I don't know. Maybe I've only ever been psychotic...

Either way, it's not bad.

I'm not psychotic you jerks
I know other people have thought this

What if you're wrong and they (the crazies) say crazy shit because they suppressed their speech in their sane period of life?

Oh, I was just talking about myself.

Yeah, it's probably normal.
My psychotic thoughts tend not to be coherent enough to explain to others.

You're playing a dangerous game. If you really think I'm crazy, trying to gaslight me just puts people at risk you know...

hello guys

I'm insane

Thank you Ameribro.

isn't hayao kind of leftist? he formally apologized for south korea few times

Daily Reminder

興味深いのは、その人口のグラフと、県別の生涯賃金は反比例しているということ。
上の経済分析の意味も少しわかるかな?
日本人は母親の胎内にいる時から言語の習得を始める
ペドと裸で寝ています
今やっているをTVCMを思い出した

>shoplifting is a crime.
>if I found people who are stealing goods, I don't call the police.
>but the shop manager is homo.

What did you think when you saw this picture?

着物の人物のイラスト見たとき、
だいたい襟元と袖で日本人が描いたかどうか分かる
女性の着物ならおはしょりの部分もプラスで
構造が分かりにくいんだろうな

Morning! What are you talking about today?

おにゃの子だから大丈夫

我々アメリカ人は本当に戦争犯罪のことについて謝罪するべき、特に原爆投下とソンミ村虐殺事件のこと

文学なんてなんの役にも立たない

本当に思ってんのか 世間体気にしてるだけじゃないの?

>"Here you go."

日本人は謝罪しない
南京大虐殺や従軍慰安婦問題は誤らない
日本人は最低な国民である

Remove Gaijins

>respond to mere meme

この人たち、何でこんなことしてるの?

よろしくおねがします