What is the best choice when it comes to picking a free antivirus program for your pc?

What is the best choice when it comes to picking a free antivirus program for your pc?

GNU/Linux+Common sense

GNU/Linux

>antivirus for an operating system that's spyware itself

Ignore the loonixfags and do a custom instalation of avast with only the web and file system shields checked.

Silly user, just clone the virtual machine everytime you have to use a suspicous thing, and don't forget to scan it on virustotal if it's less than 120MB
>using windows on bare metal
i hope you don't use this

Meh, after using Linux for a while on my Thinkpad I switched back to W7. Running stuff in sandbox and as I work from VDI there isn't more 'security' I need except the router firewall.

It's just an OS user, nothing more.

cryptovirus.exe

CommonSense2017 Professional Edition

Gentoo

Built in windows stuff. Anything else is literally bloatware.

>not using virustotal uploader
>not using fciv anf checking the md5 on google
>downloading from softnic

That's suprisingly good advice for macfags in my experience.

>(((avast)))

Common Sense and MalwareBytes. Newer updates are ass, stick with 2.something

both windows and linux are just OS but one of them is free and less bloated

I want to believe

anti-what?
do people really still get maware in their computers?
why are they allowed using computers then?

is there a good lightweight av?

Anti virus just adds another vector of attack, and lags everything.
Install Puppy Linux.

By the tests, AVAST.
But Windows is vulnerable by design so GNU/LINUX is a better option, but still vulnerable.
But before ask for anti-virus you should learn to config the windows firewall and install ublock + noscript. Maybe use opendns if you trust in Cisco.

ublock origin. Not even joking.

Qubes. Images of qubes in Stock state that can be reverted to in the instance of compromise. Don't play the "I'm going to be tormenting/downloading things, what Antivirus will keep muh safe?" because nothing will. If I can get a payload on your box, and I have any idea that you might be running Antivirus (ie, a Windows machine) I won't be running something with a signature)(heuristic or otherwise) that would tip off your Av. Everything is gonna be tunneled and rely on techniques that lul your Antivirus into doing nothing. Or I'll simply whitelist my payload first, or I could replace your Av with my compromised version, or use you av as the attack vector.

Don't download/torrent shit and you probably won't need to take extra measures. Unfortunately, if you do download/torrent, no steps you take will protect you assuming someone wants to pwn you.

You've been warned
I am analogous
I do pigs for pigs
I do not for gets
Penis