The new windows aesthetics is the new overlord of modern UI design. Prove me wrong

The new windows aesthetics is the new overlord of modern UI design. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vcBGj4R7Fo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>youtu.be/vcBGj4R7Fo0

Will it make me automatically fill my HDD with faggy art design and architecture pics?

MacOS is shedding tears right now

Ir will also force you to receive emails from my fella Conner

nice work of science fiction, Pajeet

Hololens

The future has arrived, it's no longer sci-fi grandpa

I'D LOVE LUNCH AT 154TH STREET IN THAT NEW SPOT SQUEEEEEEE

Better example

still a shit compared to homOSeX. but at least they are trying.

>Windows
>Aesthetics
kek

where the hell did the close button go?

This is now the near future.

oy vey, black man and white girl commercial. gj ((( microsoft )))

This actually looks like shit.

Your eyes is not ready

>This actually looks like shit.
well, its designed by pajeets.. soo

Left is an official image from Microsoft. Pajeet is right.

> Looks like Microsoft took Plasma5 and made it their own

Not bad

Microsoft are incapable of good design decisions, the best thing they could do is to provide full third party theme support so competent people can have a go at designing their UI.

Also explorer still doesn't have tabs. This is a feature we have been asking for since Windows 8.

>still no tabs in file manager

I guarantee you, that this new version of windows with this fancy new UI will contain elements left over from windows 95

You'll be enjoying your comfy new UI then you open a program and it looks straight out of 1995.

Knowing microsoft it'll probably contain some garbage fron windows 8 too.

lol

>pajeets
>design

this looks like shit. the spacing is off, the font sizes are off, the icons look like shit, the colorscheme is too shit, the blue line on active items triggers my ocd, the clock numbers are too big....

jesus fuck, just throw that shit into the trash

it will. so what? it's called backward compatibility
you unix-folks never heard about it.

Ready for preorder in China. This is the present boys.

Show something you like

>homolens
MS still on this meme? god dammit

What's in the box Sup Forums?

I kind of like the design language being used. Feels a lot cleaner and subdued, compared to material design or Apple cartoony hell. Thank god they got rid of the shit over-satured coloration, too.

now if only they could fix menu consistency, the shit-tons of whitespace, etc. that makes windows 10 an incoherent mess to look at.

How do I close the window?

If they manage to redesign the whole OS and do away with the outdated bits, it will be a huge step forward.

>How do I close the window?
You don't.

>2017
>closing windows

calm down user

This is just trying too hard, shit bait famalan

I tried to make it less bloated.

Tabs would be too complicated for your average 40 year old office worker. Having the option to include them in your file explorer would be best, though. But companies seem to hate giving the user options.

this looks like absolute shit, dude

I think we all know the answer to that question :^)

My opinion nice af but the new "fluent" wm/de will be power hungry af

it looks nice from theop pic, but is it uniform and forced?

In real Windows tradition and philosophy, it's inconsistent as fuck and just a mishmash of shit their employees thought looked cool. While I'm in no way advocating for Material Design, at least it has clearly established ground rules.

>its another Sup Forums thinks they're UI designers thread

>literally pitch black drop shadow

holy shit Microsoft have you ever heard of subtlety

/gd/ here, it's shit

can you remove the black vertical bar just to see how it would look without it please?

Sure thing.

Nice try, no one browses /gd/

thanks, both your edits look better than the original imo, but still something is off cant tell for sure what

As a Windows 10 User... I hate it.
So much wasted space

The proofs have been found at last!

>backward compatibility

why cripple current gen technology if it's something worth being backwardly compatable with it'll be updated, if not install windows xp in vmware and go fuck yourself.

welcome to the touch-screen future, old man

Fuck you. I'm not that old.
Touchscreens are fine on smartphones but not on computers

It's shit

While you are retarded for suggesting whitespace is a bad thing, Microsoft's implementation of it is retarded itself, so there's still a point to be found.

>implying 90% of your computer interaction isn't just either a game in fullscreen mode or shitposting via a web browser which is virtually idependent from the OS GUI
top kek

Damn. That's good work

I "improved" it

the top image of that was a very sketch before they even published tiny bits of the new design to Windows Insiders
this is what Groove looks right now. left pane is icy/fuzzy transparent, the color in that pane comes from your image. Player bar is transparent too but does not show what's behind the app like the pane does. the color from the player bar is dependend on what's your theme color. The artist color blur picks a randomly a color within the image and uses that.
full screen playing looks even more different

Like clockwork. Surprised it wasn't i3 this time.

shit

>W
>R
implying one would know what's that supossed to be

Correction the player bar will only use your theme color if there's no artist image
Full sreen playback is consistent tho with shuffeling artist images, the upcoming titles screen has transparencey whitin the app again

It's compact mode, like every Windows 10 app has
Just expand it to read the full name

you should've used the icons for consistency not the letters

The icons would be even more confusing
How would you know which is which

numberizing maybe?

you "aesthetic people" are IT cancer

That looks like a bunch of cardboard cutouts lol. Who thought this was a good idea?

>is

top kek

is it new? reminds me of Zune player layout

>still posting old photos
hold this L

I loved zune asthetic

have you noticed the little snapchat icon ...

>yesteday

It looks almost exactly like Nautilus with a Darker theme applied

>two weather apps

You mean it isn't the same one but with different settings applied? That's what I assumed.

Am I the only one that realizes that maximize in an AR situation doesn't make sense?

Microsoft is known for it "Let's pretend it exists" marketing. Stop thinking shit they photoshop is real or will ever be made real by microsoft.

fucking THIS

I read it in a pajeet accent, sounded way more authentic.

honestly the mail program seems to be the most finished one, looks the same but much better.

fuck that shadow tho

Some things are right here, but everything else is so inconsistent (spacing, colour scheme, fonts).

It looks like a combination of macOS and Windows 10.

This video made me vomit fa.m. Like wtf, even apple's design is less gay than this.
>alladat meme scrolling animation
>wasted space everywhere
>shit colours

Some nigga claimed a few years ago, here, on Sup Forums, that he was working for apple as an ui designer. He also said, that the next design thing is going to be like in the movie "her", I guess he was right